Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 01-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk2kompressor View Post
I think just some confusion with weds (mktcc) and the rest of the week,
not a real issue is it.
Over the last 2 days we have had meetings to address all teething problems, that's why the venue has had a soft launch.
Advertising is in the pipeline as well as finishing the offroad and nitro tracks for the grand opening day on the 10th
So that's 3 launches :-), Press Day launch during BTCC, Free bank holiday weekend Launch, then real launch on the 10th? Maybe if they had done just 1 launch (a real one) they might get more people to it. Just a thought.

People do love going to a launch but spreading those numbers over 3 launches makes it difficult for people to attend every one. What they should have done was maximised 1 launch to get as many racers and public there as possible to create the impression that this is a buzzing place, where all other racers are and that you should be there too!

What they have done is launched it to one side of the coin (Racers) but not to the other side (public). Now the challenge is to get both back in good numbers at the same place. A launch is the cheapest and easiest way to do it but that ship's left the dock.
Old 01-09-2010

The bank hol wasn't a launch,just free to use the tracks for owner drivers.
Old 01-09-2010

They needed the soft launch for feedback purposes, things are progressing well too

so far with the small amount of joe public and racers, has helped them figure out what's best
Old 01-09-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotussmart View Post
but that ship's left the dock.
not that pirate ship again.........
Old 01-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten View Post
The bank hol wasn't a launch,just free to use the tracks for owner drivers.
You are right! It was called the 'Live' meeting which threw me. ;-) my bad.
Old 01-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCJC View Post
not that pirate ship again.........
It won't go away will it :-) keeps coming back.
Old 01-09-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellor View Post
Mark, if you go down there sit down with Alan or Grant and tell them what you nitro guys want. Tell them how you guys enter events, where to look for events and book in etc. Tell them you want the rostrum moved, if you do. Best to go next to the MA arena I think. Explain that the track is too small in places and the pits needs altering. I’m sure if you sell it to them they will change it for you. In return they may want to see several nitro events down there, perhaps not 1/8th but definitely 1/10th
Just to be clear as I have posted it. I have been down. And spoke to alan. They can not move the rostrum due to the classic car club hut as it would block thier light. or change the size of the track it fits in the room they have. To make it wider would reduce its lenght. The pit lane could be moved but would then be away from the rostrum.
Old 01-09-2010

we just had Ollie Jefferies down for some testing on the indoor track, man the guy is fast!!
His comments on the track were "more grip than i expected and read about!"

all i can say is keep practicing!

thanks

Big Al
Old 04-09-2010

The only issue that I can see with numerous soft launches is that it dilutes the impact.

Having attended the BTCC "launch" meeting it didnt seem to be any more than a club meeting.

They do have a VIP launch party planned though in September. One of the things I would consider is managing expectations. Anyone who looks at the website http://www.moto-arena.co.uk/ will have a perception of the venue that is very different to the reality. Now it is built maybe phot's would be better than artists impressions.

That's a shame as the reality is far and away the best in the UK for an indoor track.

Good to see that they have representation on here now. Hopefully it can become a positive experience and MA understand we all want them to succeed.

The concerns over business taking the larger meetings away from clubs will always prevail but MA seem to be working closely with MK. I'm sure between them they can ensure that clubs still benefit when STCC, BRCA Nationals, BTCC, SLCC, SPC etc include them in next years programme.

As i've said before the thought of the first few meetings of the year being indoors is a major positive. It worked well at Ardent with the SPC starting with an indoor meeting (the biggest attendance of the series IIRC).
Old 04-09-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simond001 View Post
Good to see that they have representation on here now. Hopefully it can become a positive experience and MA understand we all want them to succeed.
Perhaps they should have a forum in the 'Club Talk' (or somewhere) area of oOple , with stickies giving location, opening times, club meeting days, class catered for, upcoming soft launch dates, who in this long post is part of admin & who is not etc, so hard facts can be easily found.