Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Associated

Old 19-03-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoaman View Post
as previous post who sells them in the uk? it states that x factory will but they are us or am i wrong as they sell in $???? so bit confused on that 1.
It is our company X-Factory UK that is the importer for over here, this is not "X-Factory" from the US, we are simply the importer and distributor for over here, and we happen to import both X-Factory (hence our name) and now of course JConcepts as well as all the other fantastic brands we carry too... Please click on our banner advert at the top of every oOple page to go straight to our website where you will be able to see all of our UK dealers who will all be glad to help you out......
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 19-03-2012
Mad Member

Darren - will you have the JConcepts clamping wheel hexes in for the SC10 conversion? Can't see them on the DMS website. Part numbers are as per Rich Lowe's first post in this thread.

Thanks.
Old 19-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog View Post
Darren - will you have the JConcepts clamping wheel hexes in for the SC10 conversion? Can't see them on the DMS website. Part numbers are as per Rich Lowe's first post in this thread.

Thanks.

... and the JConcepts Mono wheels??
Old 19-03-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:

Thanks.
Yes we will indeed, we will be carrying "everything" from JConcepts, but as with most things this will take time to build the stock levels up based on popularity etc. We are concentrating with the first shipemnt on getting in ALL of the newest items we have never seen in the UK as well as anything else that is pre-ordered by customers or dealers. Future orders will then concenetrate on stocking up on all the fabulous exsiting bodeis, wheel, tires etc in the range....

For now the "only" items on both our DMS and XF UK websites are those that are here and in stock already, the new stock and rest of the range will be being added shortly.
Old 19-03-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wacker 2 View Post
... and the JConcepts Mono wheels??
As per my reply above really, the Mono wheels are a new item (never before seen in the UK) and are included in our first order. However, as I have stressed, please ensure you get them pre-ordered with your local dealer so as we can ensure we have enough on order for the first delivery to cover everyones needs. We have estimated quantities on all the popular lines, but it is a great help to us all if we know in advance for certain what each dealer (or individual customer) requires so we can get the stock levels as accurate as possible from the off....
Old 19-03-2012
Mad Member

If the JConcepts SC10 clamping hex's aren't available yet in the UK, are there any alternatives? Wasn't sure on the thickness of the front and rear hex's.

For example - would these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3904007147...#ht_2007wt_871

fit the 2WD SC10 conversion, and are they available in the UK?
Old 22-03-2012
Mad Member

Can't even locate the JConcepts hex's in the US very easily. Those I have found are proving to be not worth the bother due to postage costs.

Any thoughts on my post above re the SC10 4x4 hex's?
Old 22-03-2012

Quote:
Can't even locate the JConcepts hex's in the US very easily. Those I have found are proving to be not worth the bother due to postage costs.

Any thoughts on my post above re the SC10 4x4 hex's?
I have had a look and most of the US hobby shops do have them - Amainhobbies has them in stock but postage costs kill the idea.
Part numbers are normally the problem - the US lists them slightly differently.
As far as i know the SC10 4x4 hexes are not compatible on the 2wd version.
If my memory serves me correct the SC10 is imperial & SC10 4x4 is metric so that could be why the incompatibility.

RC8.2 - Reedy 121VR
RC8T - Reedy 121VR
B44.1 - Reedy Sonic LRP
T4.1 - LRP LRP
www.remoteworld.co.uk
www.shrccc.co.uk
Old 23-03-2012
Mad Member

Thanks Paul.

The plastic hex's are 5mm thick front, and 7mm thick rear, but I noticed last night once the wheel nuts are on (using narrow nuts on the front) that there's a fair amount of thread left on the front and not much on the rear.

I've found some aftermarket ones off fleabay which are 6mm thick which should fit so I'm going to give those a try. The only others I'd located - 2 separate sets (1 @5mm and 1 @ 7mm) had an internal diameter of 5mm, and the AE axles are approx 4.7mm, so the hex's wouldn't clamp tight.
Old 23-03-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berky View Post
I have had a look and most of the US hobby shops do have them - Amainhobbies has them in stock but postage costs kill the idea.
Part numbers are normally the problem - the US lists them slightly differently.
As far as i know the SC10 4x4 hexes are not compatible on the 2wd version.
If my memory serves me correct the SC10 is imperial & SC10 4x4 is metric so that could be why the incompatibility.
Philshobbieshop or what ever it is worked for me!
Jconepts charge way too much for delivery
Think I paid about £50 inc postage for 4 cars worth

Gaz
Old 23-03-2012
Mad Member

@ DMS Darren - don't suppose you have a timeframe for getting these in stock?
Old 23-03-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
@ DMS Darren - don't suppose you have a timeframe for getting these in stock?
Waiting for a confirmation from JConcepts shorlty which will confirm the contents of a pending shipment we have on the way from them.
Old 23-03-2012
Mad Member

Okay cool thanks
Old 23-03-2012

Send a message via MSN to colmo Send a message via Skype™ to colmo

Quote:
Thanks Paul.

The plastic hex's are 5mm thick front, and 7mm thick rear, but I noticed last night once the wheel nuts are on (using narrow nuts on the front) that there's a fair amount of thread left on the front and not much on the rear.

I've found some aftermarket ones off fleabay which are 6mm thick which should fit so I'm going to give those a try. The only others I'd located - 2 separate sets (1 @5mm and 1 @ 7mm) had an internal diameter of 5mm, and the AE axles are approx 4.7mm, so the hex's wouldn't clamp tight.
If looking for hexes on imperial axles, look for TC3/NTC3 and XXX-S hexes. I'm guessing that touring cars standardised on 12mm wheels after those cars came into production.

Photos:
Oople Invernational 2010 - Sodden Sunday
Muchmore N. Irish GP 2010 (Touring cars)
BADMCC 1/8th Nitro buggies

Current cars:
X6^2 | JC BJ4WE | TM E4 & E4JS | HPI E-Firestorm | Losi Crawler | + many F1s, super crawlers, scalers, drifters in the works...
Old 23-03-2012
Mad Member

Wasn't sure how thick the TC hex's were. Got to be a minimum 5mm for the fronts of the SC10 conversion or else there could be binding issues.
Old 27-03-2012
Mad Member

TC5 hex's arrived from Fleabay today. Fit a treat and very secure. Just means the rear track is a few mm narrower than with the stock 7mm hex's but no real issue.