Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 08-02-2012
Mad Member

Hang around our pits long enough and you'll see Paul or Ellis working on their cars. Really can't hide it. We're not making a big deal about showing the car off, and no body off photos yet, but we must maintain it like any other car, and we'll not put up some kind of wall.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 08-02-2012

Maybe this will help 4wd come back to the states in bigger numbers!~
Old 14-02-2012
Mad Member

Default Big E Does A Great Job At BWOC

Ellis Stafford took second overall at the weekend's BWOC by a mere 0.02 sec with the new X - 7 Gen 5.2. Paul's old car arrived at Ellis' house last week and this was E's first time out with it.

Ellis finished second on the track in A-1 but a rough driving penalty to the leader put Ellis first. I think E took third in A-2, might be mistaken.

In A-3 Stafford held about a 2-sec lead for the last half of the race until he hit the pipe three turns from the end. This allowed Kevin Lee to catch up with a resulting drag race down the straight to the line. Stafford pulled the trigger hard and the X - 7's new belt system delivered so much power he did a wheelie the entire 30 feet (!) crossing the line with the nose still up in the air. This elevation of the transponder may have cost Ellis the win, as the two cars crossed the line side-by-side, with Lee getting the win by 0.02 seconds.

Any way you look at it, this is a great finish for the new X - 7!

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
Old 14-02-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungChazz View Post
Ellis Stafford took second overall at the weekend's BWOC by a mere 0.02 sec with the new X - 7 Gen 5.2. Paul's old car arrived at Ellis' house last week and this was E's first time out with it.

Ellis finished second on the track in A-1 but a rough driving penalty to the leader put Ellis first. I think E took third in A-2, might be mistaken.

In A-3 Stafford held about a 2-sec lead for the last half of the race until he hit the pipe three turns from the end. This allowed Kevin Lee to catch up with a resulting drag race down the straight to the line. Stafford pulled the trigger hard and the X - 7's new belt system delivered so much power he did a wheelie the entire 30 feet (!) crossing the line with the nose still up in the air. This elevation of the transponder may have cost Ellis the win, as the two cars crossed the line side-by-side, with Lee getting the win by 0.02 seconds.

Any way you look at it, this is a great finish for the new X - 7!
Not quite right there Chazz, but close!

A-2, both Ellis and Darren Bloomfield were right at the back after lap one after seperate racing "incidents" both fought their way through the field but niether were in the top 3 in leg 2.

A-3, Darren took a flag to flag win, Kevin and Ellis were racing for second in the leg, Ellis made the error 3 or 4 bends from home that allowed Kevin to catch up, then on the corner table top just a few yards before the loop, Ellis went tight and steady, Kevin wide and fast and they drag raced across the line, Ellis did indeed pop a VERY impressive wheely, which he did hold for the remainder of the long straight .

When the computer gave out the times, Kevin triggered the loop 0.03 in front of Ellis and with a win (from leg 2) and a 2nd(3 points) took the win from Ellis with his leg 1 win and leg 3 3rd (4 points). Tom Yardy was third overall.

Well done to both drivers in leg three a good race and very tight finish, excellent racing to watch and there could only be one winner. Well done to Kevin on the win and also to Ellis too for what is a very good result for the new car and first time out on the track with this version too....
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 14-02-2012
Mad Member

Thanks for clearing it up, Darren. That's what I get trying to do things late at night from memory at home.

It was a great showing for the prototype car against top competition. Weight distribution on the 5.2 still isn't what we want because we don't have the new belts & pulleys necessary to move the motor a bit -- they are coming soon for the 6.0. When they arrive, we expect the 6.0 to be significantly faster and if the new weight bias proves correct, it will be ready for sale.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
Old 14-02-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Look forward to seeing it at Off Road Wars in a couple of weeks.
Old 14-02-2012

When the X-7 will be in production, it would be great to see your different prototypes, so we can see when/how ideas and designs appeared, evolved or disapeared through the whole development.

Rusti Design - Awesome custom stickers and cool stuff

My trader feedback
Old 14-02-2012

Send a message via MSN to colmo Send a message via Skype™ to colmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayo View Post
When the X-7 will be in production, it would be great to see your different prototypes, so we can see when/how ideas and designs appeared, evolved or disapeared through the whole development.
That would be a lot of effort just to educate the other manufacturers on how to make (and not make) a 4wd - no harm in keeping a few secrets!

Photos:
Oople Invernational 2010 - Sodden Sunday
Muchmore N. Irish GP 2010 (Touring cars)
BADMCC 1/8th Nitro buggies

Current cars:
X6^2 | JC BJ4WE | TM E4 & E4JS | HPI E-Firestorm | Losi Crawler | + many F1s, super crawlers, scalers, drifters in the works...
Old 14-02-2012
Mad Member

I very much doubt we'd do that, but it would be interesting to show them what doesn't work. Perhaps they already know that...

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
Old 03-03-2012
Mad Member

Any pictures floating around yet ?
Old 28-03-2012

Some X7 pics from Cactus:

Old 29-03-2012
oOple Contributor

AWESOME!
Old 29-03-2012

Body off pics please. You have teased us for long enough

Last edited by adey; 29-03-2012 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Wording
Old 29-03-2012

3 belts i'm guessing

KEEP RIGHT ON
BLUE IS BETTER
Old 29-03-2012

I recon two belts, front and rear gearboxes and elevated pulleys. Motor in front of lipos.
Old 29-03-2012

Send a message via MSN to colmo Send a message via Skype™ to colmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by adey View Post
I recon two belts, front and rear gearboxes and elevated pulleys. Motor in front of lipos.
+1. I recall the lipo was a stubby placed across the chassis? I'm guessing it will accommodate a full stick to comply with ROAR rules, but no-one will actually do that!

Are those front wishbones original, or from another car? They're huge! Are the diffs Team Associated, B44 or (N)TC3? The front driveshafts are also enormous...

This car looks the real deal, but I fear the cost will be astronomical with all that milled alloy and carbon fibre :S - maybe a case of 5 minutes of (wallet) pain, followed by several years of (racing) pleasure....

Edit: D'oh, the gearboxes are being fed from a belt so no crown gear, and thus no 4wd diffs. Cheers Northy.

Photos:
Oople Invernational 2010 - Sodden Sunday
Muchmore N. Irish GP 2010 (Touring cars)
BADMCC 1/8th Nitro buggies

Current cars:
X6^2 | JC BJ4WE | TM E4 & E4JS | HPI E-Firestorm | Losi Crawler | + many F1s, super crawlers, scalers, drifters in the works...
Old 29-03-2012
Super Moderator

Looks to be:

Cat SX front end - which is just the tried and tested XX4 geometry.
X6 rear end.
B4 gearbox internals both ends driving a belt from the layshaft that goes to the middle of the car, where the slipper and some more gears layshafts etc are to connect the two belts.

What I expected really
Old 29-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by colmo View Post
+1. I recall the lipo was a stubby placed across the chassis? I'm guessing it will accommodate a full stick to comply with ROAR rules, but no-one will actually do that!
http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/a...ettet/X7_5.jpg

Looks like saddle packs to me...
Old 29-03-2012
Mad Member

They will be AE diffs. You will be able to use either saddle or shorty packs. We think regular stick packs are so last year...

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
Old 30-03-2012

Looking good Chazz. I can't wait to get my car.
Darren