Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > XRAY

Old 02-01-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default XB4 6-hole pistons

Has anyone used the XB4 6-hole pistons yet?

Most people seem to have built it as kit and used the 3-hole pistons. Just wondered if anyone had tried the selection of included 6-hole pistons.

I built as per kit, which was fine on the carpet, but loose on the gym floor. The car was great over the jumps, but rubbish on the crash mats. I think I was over damped, after talking to others running 4wd (410/b44/etc), so am looking to lighten it up. Other XB4's looked the same as mine on the crash mats, but they had setup similar oils/pistons.
So would going to thinner oils with the stock 3-hole pistons be the way to go, or stick with the oil and use one of the three sets of 6-holes?
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 02-01-2013

i think gaveltrap is using 1.2 6hole with 300 cst and im using 4hole 1.4 with 300
Old 02-01-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Pitit rc have a couple of carpet setups on,one has 6hole setup on thinker oil,quite a bit different with the setup to the kit one on the car to

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 02-01-2013

I ran mine std and yes I think for carpet it's pretty good but bumpy astro there's far too much pack ! I rebuilt mine with 6 hole 1.1 front 1.2 rear 350/450 core and it feels a lot better . Glenn
Old 02-01-2013

As jay mentioned I'm messing about with the 6 hole pistons, 1.2mm front and rear, 450 cst front and 250 cst rear right now (50 cst lower than my durango).

The rear may just be a little under damped, I do want to try the softer rear spring though...Can't really report on how they where working as my car was rubbish, due to the rear diff loosing its oil!
Old 02-01-2013

i have put 6 hole 1.2 all round and droppping 50cst possibly 100cstfront and rear from kit setup and running sunday at worksop for 1st time
Old 03-01-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimi126 View Post
i have put 6 hole 1.2 all round and droppping 50cst possibly 100cstfront and rear from kit setup and running sunday at worksop for 1st time
be interesting to see how it goes at Worksop,be sure to let us know

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 03-01-2013

mine will be the green white orange one heading towards the walls like a magnet as i am still in learning process from after only 1 year of on/off nitro but hopefully this season doing alot more racing and only doing electric