Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 12-08-2014

Default core rc uac 50 charger noise

Hi, I have a core rc uac 50 charger, I have had it for nearly a year now. Recently when I
started charging the fan would make a noisy whirring noise, continue for 30 secs or so and then sound fine again. The charger doesn't seem to get that warm, but it's not cold either. Is this just a case of a knackered fan, and if so is it fairly easy to replace myself?
Old 12-08-2014

I have 3 of these chargers and ironically it's the newest one that makes a similar noise to yours.

It started doing it about a week after it was 1yr old so I couldn't send it back

I took the charger apart and cleaned it (they get full of dust) and squirted some GT85 in the fan and that seemed to cure it but after a while the noise came back, at which point I discovered that if you blow on the fan the noise goes away

If you want to replace the fan just go on ebay and purchase any 6V 30 x 30 x 10mm fan, I bought a couple for about £5 from China just in case:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1x-Brushless...item2a10f42192
Old 13-08-2014

Ok well I will send it back as it isnt quite 1 yr old, if they don't do anything I will try what you did, thanks for the advice