Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 07-05-2017

Nope thinking of cancelling my one to be fair. Plenty of other things that is like that I can have now rather than paying for something that at this rate will be my next birthday present. 😔
Old 07-05-2017

I know what you mean about taking the shine off the whole thing as it's getting a bit of a joke now. I have been told 3rd week this month (May) for delivery now so fingered crossed we have them soon
Tamiya Lunchbox
Tamiya Top-Force
TD SCT

https://www.rccarshop.co.uk/
Old 07-05-2017

I've been informed by my regular model shop that regardless of when you've pre-ordered your XLS that they'll only be sent out when there are enough kits available to satisfy all orders placed.

http://www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com/
Old 07-05-2017

I've been told not enough orders to produce it
Old 07-05-2017
Awesome Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Dixon View Post
I know what you mean about taking the shine off the whole thing as it's getting a bit of a joke now. I have been told 3rd week this month (May) for delivery now so fingered crossed we have them soon
I've heard 17th of June now I know there was issues with HPI but not sure what the hold up now is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backforfun View Post
I've been told not enough orders to produce it
I think they were surprised with the amount they got rather than the lack of
Old 08-05-2017

agreed, all this messing around has really spoiled it. I nearly cancelled mine, if they put it back again i probably will.
Old 08-05-2017

I'd be stunned if the pull production.

Probably as mentioned above, demand outstripped initial supply. Much like Tamiya with the Bigwig. I've been waiting since March on my order.

I'll be happy once it's released. Not bunched if it takes a while. Just as long as it turns up!
Old 08-05-2017
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddscott View Post
I'd be stunned if the pull production.

Probably as mentioned above, demand outstripped initial supply. Much like Tamiya with the Bigwig. I've been waiting since March on my order.

I'll be happy once it's released. Not bunched if it takes a while. Just as long as it turns up!

Same as eddscott,

I'm waiting on the Top Force. The date has been changed 3 times from May to now June.

Think about it Lads/Ladies, this buggy XLS has been asked for, for a number of years. Its almost there. I know the frustration, but when the courier walks up your drive with that BIG !! brown box. IT WILL BE WORTH THE WAIT !!

**** 5 Metres Speed Swimming Champion 1976****
Old 11-05-2017

All i've had is hearsay, but as of last week my source was telling me 16/17th May......as i've not heard anything since and we're only 5 days away from that point, i'm thinking this isn't going to happen.

I'm disappointed I must admit. When I placed the pre-order I had all the funds allocated. Since then other expenses have taken care of most of that so i'm not quite as ready to dispose of that sort of money quite so easily - i'm contemplating a cancellation too.....

EDIT - just checked the Schumacher website and thats now stating June. I think I need to make a few decisions now.....anyone want to buy a kit and transmission pre-order?

Last edited by Cliveyp; 11-05-2017 at 02:23 PM.
Old 11-05-2017

Kit mid June, transmission not til later maybe early july at this stage.

they've had an overwhelming response and can't produce them fast enough is what I got from Schumacher when emailing them in regards to the holdup
Old 11-05-2017
Mad Member

So does that mean your screwed if you want to go brushless?
Old 11-05-2017

Yup if you want to build it with the upgraded transmission
Old 12-05-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro RC View Post

they've had an overwhelming response and can't produce them fast enough is what I got from Schumacher when emailing them in regards to the holdup
If that's the case you would've thought from a business perspective ,that the people who pre ordered their kits early would've received their kits by now ,as Schumacher must have X amount of kits finished ?

By sending out the finished kits early you keep your customer base happy and keep the interest in the model going ,because as it is now people are loosing interest and cancelling orders .

All this is doing is harming future Schumacher re release as people will be wary of pre odering, which then has a knock on effect ,because if shumacher doesn't get enough pre orders they'll think there's not enough interest and will shelf the idea of future models being re realesed , I'm hoping the top cat gets released as I'd love to own one ,as it the only vintage shumacher I've not owned
Rc10 Graphite ( unused )
Cobra
Team associated Rc10 x3
Schumacher Cougar x6
Schumacher Procat
Schumacher Topcat
Original Tamiya Hornet
Original Tamiya Lunchbox
Old 12-05-2017

my guess is they don't want to supply the kits they do have as people will then sell them on at an inflated price
Old 12-05-2017

I would imagine that if issue is to do with decals, Schumacher would also have had to re-design and source revised packaging, manuals and promotional literature - not the work of a moment.

I'm a little dissapointed by delays, but I'm sure it will be well worth the wait.

Top Force has also been delayed, so even the big boys get these things wrong occasionally.
Old 12-05-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danf1275 View Post
I would imagine that if issue is to do with decals, Schumacher would also have had to re-design and source revised packaging, manuals and promotional literature - not the work of a moment.

I'm a little dissapointed by delays, but I'm sure it will be well worth the wait.

Top Force has also been delayed, so even the big boys get these things wrong occasionally.
And when did we first find out about the Kyosho Turbo Scorpion? Before Christmas? Did this only just get released this month in the U.K.?
Old 12-05-2017
Mad Member

Only speculation on what may be causing the delay, but you can bet 100% Schumacher are not happy either.

All it takes is one component coming in out of tolerance and you have a problem that takes time to fix.. nobodies fault, just part of being a manufacturer!
Old 12-05-2017
Awesome Admin

You've got to remember that Schumacher is a small company nowhere near the size of Tamiya and look at there delays.
They also announced the release of was it 3 other models at the same time and this is really just a side line release and I think they underestimated the amount of orders they got. That coupled with the HPI being wankers and pulling there decals I'm assuming will of caused a massive delay alone. Revised and re printed literature, manuals and packing all takes time

As the saying goes good things come to those who wait
Old 13-05-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakey View Post
You've got to remember that Schumacher is a small company
With a big racing pedigree if Cecil's looking for another machinist to ease his load point him in my direction
Rc10 Graphite ( unused )
Cobra
Team associated Rc10 x3
Schumacher Cougar x6
Schumacher Procat
Schumacher Topcat
Original Tamiya Hornet
Original Tamiya Lunchbox
Old 13-05-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakey View Post
As the saying goes good things come to those who wait
Indeed - fans have been waiting 30 years, a few more weeks is ok IMO - wasn't Worlds in August 87?

And as James points out, Turbo Scorpion was hugely late, and most of that was already tooled.