Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 28-11-2017

Question Lap timing software suggestions please

Hi guys,

We run indoors and have the Kamtec I-Race hardware (Infra-Red) and currently use the free-ware version of BBK-ECO.

As we are growing we are finding quite a few frustrating and limiting functions of the free version, namely, ability to add more than one PT/Car to each driver, ability to have more than 3 heats etc. Also the ease of is not great and the fact the software for BBK, even the current version I believe is 2011 so a bit out of date and is cumbersome to use on modern laptops using Win 10.

With that said, the newer, paid for version of BBK would mostly allow to more of what is limiting us just now and I assume a level of support or a manual to help us?

The other option is RC-Timing, I tried the trial on a seperate PC just to have a play about but don't have to means to try it for a race meeting just yet.

What would you guys suggest is best value for money, ease of use, support and a manual to help us get it started ready for a meeting without spending ages on the night fiddling etc?
Old 28-11-2017
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

we used LapsFree for years, it's a great program that should do most of what you require, but we swapped to RC Timing a couple of years ago and wouldn't change back now.
Old 28-11-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by peetbee View Post
we used LapsFree for years, it's a great program that should do most of what you require, but we swapped to RC Timing a couple of years ago and wouldn't change back now.
We did the same @ Mendip, RC Timing is very stable no crashes or bugs
~Schumacher KF2~
~Schumacher Atom~
~BSR Basher-RallyX~
~Ascociated RC8.2e RallyX~
~TeamC T8EV3 RallyX~
phat bodies
worm-racing
http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk
Old 06-12-2017

I'm slightly (cough) biased as the developer of RC-Timing so I won't give my opinion. But it's nice reading the feedback we get on here from clubs running the software, thanks guys.

If you need any help with the RC-Timing trial, feel free to PM me on here, or email info@rc-timing.com

Dale
Old 06-12-2017

I was at a race meeting at Falkirk and they run RC-Timing, it was a pretty nice setup and the voices are much more natural sounding.

We should be in a position to purchase after Christmas