Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Broxtowe Model Car Club

Old 02-06-2013

Default Newbie with Durango DEX210

Good Evening All,

I went along to the Greasley Gathering last Monday and had a great time trying a few different car models(Buggy/Truggy). After a chat with Richard(Vice Chairman of the club), I decided I'd have a look into the R/C hobby/sport?
By the Tuesday I'd decided I would like to give it a try and visited PBM at Newthorpe. I looked at the Maverick and Jekyll models and couldn't decide between to two. Richard then came into the shop and I asked him for advice between the two different models. Richard asked if I'd be interested in competing at the club nights, to which I expressed an interest. It was then suggested that I look at the Durango DEX210, as it is more race orientated and can be set-up to suit different tracks and driver preferences.
So I now own a Durango DEX210. I've been playing around on the backyard and driveway so far but the tuning aspect interests me. Sadly I have no knowledge of R/C adjustment/tuning/set-up.
Also I have found two rectangular pieces of plastic in the parts bag which I can't actually find a use for. Does anyone have any ideas what they actually are?
My enjoyment of the DEX210 shall continue as I pound the backyard watched by the cats. Lol.
I'll probably pop along to a Broxtow Club Night soon to discover more about my new purchase and find out more about the R/C scene.

Thanks again to Richard for pointing me in the right direction.

Jim.
Old 04-06-2013
oOple Advertiser

Hi Jim

Glad your enjoying the car and back in the hobby. Hopefully see you at the track in the near future.