Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 04-03-2012

Default associated diff rings in a b-max diff

is there any reason these would not work as they seem to be a lot stronger steel than my b-max ones and does anyone no of any other thrust race rings that fit the diff as well as i want to up grade these before i put new balls in...
Old 05-03-2012

Pickle, I've found Yokomo rings to be much flatter than associated rings (used to have a B44). Mine have been almost perfectly flat. Don,t know if they fit or not, but if I had the choice, I,d be using the Yokomo rings...
Old 08-03-2012

they can be made to fit you have to machine a very small amount out of the centre you can do this with a dremel if thats all you have and it seems to work ok.

peter
Old 16-04-2012

Use a bit of wet & dry sand paper, a bit of wd-40 and a flat surface to get the old rings perfectly flat.

It's a lot cheaper then buying new rings
Old 03-05-2012

What the hell!!!! you guys are crazy.... messing around with a dremel on some associated diff rings to make them fit a Bmax.....
What you need to do is what I did – I looked on eBay at some other diff rings to see if I could find something similar and take a chance on them.
So I found several diff rings that looked like they might fit a Bmax and took the plunge and brought a pack of Tamiya ones.....
After they arrived a few days later I compared them to the STD yokomo ones and guess what...
...They are the same!!!
Not only that they are double sided – like diff rings should be (the yokomo ones can only be used on one side), oh and they are also cheaper than the yokomo ones – Result !!
The Tamiya part no is ?????

Okay its 50880
No Worries !!
Old 04-05-2012

I agree with you Hilts that it's way too much trouble... But then again, so is shopping on e-bay to try and find some other rings to fit (when you can order the right part from a Yokomo dealer)... But seriously, I use both sides of my Bmax rings! Why can't you?
Old 06-05-2012

as the oridginal diffrings are not that good.
the optional ones are . I and now my wife is still driving the Bmak and we never have problems neder with the thrust bearing . the optional one 's are way bether than the one's in the kit I can agree on that .
and normaly CML has them on stock . will see if I can post part numbers for them . one of these days
Rude-Bits
Serpent
Fba section offroad chairman.