Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 11-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny McGee View Post
what times it open? what times it start? how much? tyres? postcode?
All the info is on our website
Old 11-02-2009

Send a message via ICQ to Scouser

How many trucks will be needed for their own heat? I notice there are four at the moment, if one more will make a heat I will change from 2wd to trucks.
Old 11-02-2009
Stu-Perstar

I dont know, but I think this is going to be the last meeting? I have to really think about it but as other clubs just decide to put meetings on our dates that we have been organised for months. As this is our first year in indoors I dont want to take away drivers from other clubs. I would love to hold a meeting for you all every week a sI love seeing you all having fun! The next meeting is I think the Batley super cup and then the next is End of year finals. There are also alot of other meetings around the weekends so that why we chose them dates.
Please let me know your thoughts?
Old 11-02-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Woody mate,
I'll choose Bury over the Supercup and the Indoor finals without needing much more than a second or two to think about it. But this is just my opinion, if there is only me and you racing then im sure you can't justify holding a meeting.

But here's a thought...... how about on the Saturday of the weekend of the Supercup??
Old 11-02-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Woody, don't think you clash with indoor finals, aren't they on the 4th/5th? Yours is Easter Sunday the week after?

Things have ended up congested this year but sadly that's life, there are more clubs than weekends! This winter my racing has been in any given month: first Sunday Broxtowe, second Saturday/Sunday West Bridgford or one off's, third Sunday Bury, last Sunday Worksop! There's no more Sundays!

Maybe this is a chance to spend the summer working out plans to help as many clubs as possible next winter, or even outdoors in summer, with planning of how championships run. As a random example, you could have a championship where some dates clash with Batley, but some don't and as well as individual champions you could have a "champion of champions" (sorry, spent the day with marketing people!!), who would have combined points from his "home clubs" clashing meetings AND then none clashing meets at the other club, like an interclub thing!? This could be done with other clubs instead of course!

As long as the clubs cover their costs, I'm fine with Bury having 50 people and not 90, with the other 40 at Batley or similar! Don't give up though, Bury is one of the best tracks!
Old 12-02-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woOdy View Post
I dont know, but I think this is going to be the last meeting? I have to really think about it but as other clubs just decide to put meetings on our dates that we have been organised for months. As this is our first year in indoors I dont want to take away drivers from other clubs. I would love to hold a meeting for you all every week a sI love seeing you all having fun! The next meeting is I think the Batley super cup and then the next is End of year finals. There are also alot of other meetings around the weekends so that why we chose them dates.
Please let me know your thoughts?
I had already thought of changing the march date to the 8th of march in this instance... simply so it doesnt clash with the Supercup? Then round 6 was rescheduled to the 12th April..?? Most people have been happy with that..

With all the good feed back we've been getting about this venue/meet its ridiculous to suggest there will be no more...

Worksop for example is a ritual... people will do that meeting and wait for the dates to be published, then plan there calender around that, this is why we made our dates NOT clash with Worksop... As i said with the comments people have made, Bury could become another ritual... in which case other clubs will plan around our dates... at the end of the day its up to the racer where they race... but i think Bury Indoors has a good future.. If other clubs choose to hold a meet on an already long published date thats up to them.. nowt we can do about it... This is why i have published dates for the 2009/2010 calender just so other clubs can see and hopefully make meets for another weekend?

Cheers

Nick
Old 12-02-2009

Im definately there but not sure if this 1/8th is going ahead hence my not booking in as I dont know what im running.

It looks like a chap who is not booked in as yet will run my 1/8th if there are no problems with that and I will run in 2wd..
Old 12-02-2009
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

change of date is no problem,but don't just give up,that would be scandalous
Old 12-02-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred5765 View Post
change of date is no problem,but don't just give up,that would be scandalous
I for one wont be giving up!!
Old 12-02-2009
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

not a dig at anyone, just sounded like woody has thrown in the towel,
Old 12-02-2009
Mad Member

i have to echo Chris's thoughts. I'd much rather go to Bury than the indoor finals!!
Old 12-02-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopite View Post
i have to echo Chris's thoughts. I'd much rather go to Bury than the indoor finals!!
Still confused, I thought they didn't clash anyway!?
Old 12-02-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG28 View Post
Still confused, I thought they didn't clash anyway!?
They don't!! Thats why we moved the date to the 12th April!
Old 12-02-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Keep it, defo, even if it clash's with Batley. The NE regionals haven't been supported as religiously by the mass's, especially the far NE meets, and then Batley haven't had a single winter meeting yet this season and my personal opinion is that im suprised they're holding it and there indoor venue and event is not half as good as what Bury hold - and even if it didn't clash with Bury personally (no dig intended toward Batley) ive grown to dislike Batley indoors and it'll just be a weekend off.

Let it clash with Batley, take the risk, lets see what it brings. What do others think.

Stu/Nick, how about starting booking in for that event now - perhaps take paypal deposits of £1 so you know those that do are serious.
Old 12-02-2009

I'm personally looking forward to Batley, will be nice to race on something different as both Worksop and Bury are pretty similar.

I also don't agree with clashes with clubs so local, especially not on Regional dates. I know it's not a BRCA series this time, but it does kind of set a precedent that you don't want a regional series, so why should the organiser's bother in future? I would be a massive shame to lose the Regional series.
Old 12-02-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockerill View Post
I'm personally looking forward to Batley, will be nice to race on something different as both Worksop and Bury are pretty similar.

I also don't agree with clashes with clubs so local, especially not on Regional dates. I know it's not a BRCA series this time, but it does kind of set a precedent that you don't want a regional series, so why should the organiser's bother in future? I would be a massive shame to lose the Regional series.
For indoor or outdoor mate?

With the uncertainty still of the Goshen outdoor track its been difficult.. hopefully Roger can answer this one?? As there was talk of Bury joining a few different regions for the summer period to get a good selection of tracks..

As this is our first year with the indoor venue and it has taken us all by supprise as to how popular its been and would hope it will go from strength to strength.. why dont we organise some sort of interclub winter series for 2009/2010?!? Bury, Batley, York?!? and maybe others if they are interested. The dates which we published for the 2009/2010 calender were done so people can work round us as we are proving popular so dates dont clash, but as its early days im sure dates can be fine tuned?! as long as we dont clash with worksop im sure it could work?

Cheers

Nick
Old 12-02-2009

the 8th march is a regional which I think tom is what Tom is saying
Old 12-02-2009

I was implying about the regional on 8th March at Batley.

You mention having an interclub series, is that not a like the Regional series? The same Regional series that you are going to clash with, indicating your not bothered about it?
Old 12-02-2009
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by njc11 View Post
why dont we organise some sort of interclub winter series for 2009/2010?!? Bury, Batley, York?!? and maybe others if they are interested.
Isn't that kind of like a regional series? We already have one of those in the NE.

Nick, you're a nice guy, but please can you ease off with the spamming 'book in for bury' all over oOple please? It's like spam, especially when it's in your pm box.

Ramming Bury down out throats is actually putting me off coming, and another two people have said the same to me today. Advertise it by all means, if people want to come they will.

The above is my opinion, and hope it doesn't piss you off.

Now with my NE reg rep hat on.....

The 8th of March is Batley NE regional.

G
Old 12-02-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislong View Post
Keep it, defo, even if it clash's with Batley. The NE regionals haven't been supported as religiously by the mass's, especially the far NE meets, and then Batley haven't had a single winter meeting yet this season and my personal opinion is that im suprised they're holding it and there indoor venue and event is not half as good as what Bury hold - and even if it didn't clash with Bury personally (no dig intended toward Batley) ive grown to dislike Batley indoors and it'll just be a weekend off.

Let it clash with Batley, take the risk, lets see what it brings. What do others think.

Stu/Nick, how about starting booking in for that event now - perhaps take paypal deposits of £1 so you know those that do are serious.

Guys, ultimately Chris is right, noone can demand other clubs don't clash, there are more clubs than weekends. IF 2 meetings can be sustained (?) let them clash and let people choose. Remember, it's not really fair to ask people from the North East to have to come all the way to Manc if they want a race, and vice versa, let's keep local stuff where poss!!

Personally, I'll do the Supercup and cancel my March Bury entry, other people won't, but there's no way of separating them all so let's not moan at Batley arranging a clashing meeting, and the same if Bury do it! Try to avoid clashes but don't cancel events because of it!

I think arranging interclub is good, by all means do it as regionals if Northy etc want to, it may mean I can't as I'm in another region or maybe have heats for "outsiders" too, but seriously, it's in everyones interest to work together to make the hobby stronger yes?