Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Gloucester Electric Racing Car Club

Old 01-12-2012

Thumbs up From Small acorns grow great oak trees..

We are now underway building our new website to promote the Gloucester Electric Car Club so take a look and let us know what you would like to see,
http://www.gloucesterercc.co.uk/”
Old 03-12-2012

Good stuff Shane. Well done.

Couple of points-

- I think you should just link to the forum here rather than host a separate one.

- Obviously, results uploaded to the site would be good.

- Maybe some external links to manufacturers sites would be good for newbies.

Also, a while ago I used to video the finals from the end of the hall where I could just about fit in the entire track on a static frame. I'd be happy to do these regularly if people want them, a couple of people have mentioned them recently, we could embed/link these into the site too.
Old 03-12-2012

Nice work!

Couple of points
-Final videos would be awesome
-Has the club thought about a prebooking facility? (some other clubs do it)
-from my noobie prospective i found the full option website handy (link would be a good idea i think)
-Track layout information/schedule would be helpful.

Mike
Old 03-12-2012

I would fully support any links to http://www.fulloption.co.uk.
Also I agree that linking to this forum is the best bet. Our previous isolated forums all failed, but this site has a much wider user base and will do more for bringing in new members, if nothing else. Don't forget the Facebook page too.
Old 03-12-2012

Responses below...
Quote:
Originally Posted by grayslick View Post
Good stuff Shane. Well done.

Couple of points-

- I think you should just link to the forum here rather than host a separate one.

Happy to Just stick to the one... it was just an option available to us...

- Obviously, results uploaded to the site would be good.

Yep this is on the list... Nicholas spoke with Steve Friday and they are going to work on the best way to get this togeather... If we are lucky we may be able to have race results uploaded too

- Maybe some external links to manufacturers sites would be good for newbies.

Again Yep i have passed a list of Sites which may be helpfull to Racers and Sites of people who have supported the club.

Also, a while ago I used to video the finals from the end of the hall where I could just about fit in the entire track on a static frame. I'd be happy to do these regularly if people want them, a couple of people have mentioned them recently, we could embed/link these into the site too.

That sounds like a good idea... Nicholas has looked at the Gallery and we should be able to upload Vids so this may be easily sorted
Old 03-12-2012

Responses Below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Snelling View Post
Nice work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Snelling View Post

Couple of points
-Final videos would be awesome

I think this may be a good idea however we need to look at the logistics of this.. Nicholas has looked at the Gallery and we should be able to upload Vids so this may be easily sorted

-Has the club thought about a prebooking facility? (some other clubs do it)

Not sure if this will be possible... we do not have an internet connection at the club at the mo and we would need that in order to link to whatever we book in on.. I will add this to the Wish list

-from my noobie prospective i found the full option website handy (link would be a good idea i think)

Yep I have passed a list of Sites which may be helpful to racers and sites of people who have supported the club onto Nicholas. I will Add full option to the list

-Track layout information/schedule would be helpful.

We will have a Calendar uploaded so we will know what’s on when.. especially to cover special meetings..

Ashley has done quite a few track layouts so I should be able to sort this..

Mike