Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 31-12-2010

Default Advice please

Hi

I'm thinking of getting back into racing again and I'm kinder lost. I used to race electric back in the day at Atherton and sometimes Chroley. I still have ( I hope) A Bosscat and my trusty Rad2!! that got hammered for a good few years on top of that I have all my Nitro stuff which I used up to about 18 months ago when I fell out of love with the Nitro clubs in the north west (Preston/Pendle!!).

I'm being pushed willingly back into racing as my son is now 5 and is desperate to come, also my wife wants me to stop playing football as I'm rubish and getting to meny knocks

So if you guys and gals could answer a few questions that would be much appreciated!!

1. The website says that Bury metro buggy club do Nitro is this still true? as I cant see much about it on the website.

2. Has anyone used a Nitro to electric conversion kit if so how do they compare to a rtr electric kit (I ask this as I'm thinking of getting a Mugen MBX-6 and a conversion kit should I wish to race Nitro again at a later date)

3. I'm kinder new to all the lipo cells and brushless motors etc if I was to use a 4wd buggy what would be the best option to suit that in terms of ratio's windings/ cell sizes.

Thanks in advance

Chris

P.S Sorry for the wall of text
Old 31-12-2010

As far as I know we don't race nitro anymore as everybody uses electric.

Motor wise you should be looking at a 6.5 turn or a 5.5 turn if you are really crazy!

Cells wise you will be fine with anything over 4000mah as I only use about 1400mah in a 5 minute race.

In progress: Team Durango DEX410 V1-V4 hybrid ~ DESC410V2 ~ DEX210
Old 31-12-2010

Thanks

I have just realised that Mugen MBX-6 are 1/8th scale and you guys are 1/10th scale(should learn to read!!)

So I think I may get myself a new cat instead but I will wait until I've seen what people are running on Sunday. So much has changed since I last raced electric!!!
Old 31-12-2010
Banned

i was in the same boat 8 months ago wanting a 1/8th nitro

8 months later im chuffed to bits racing a 4wd electric 1/10th

90% of racing now on here is 1/10th electric
Old 31-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

We really run tenth, but if the track is large enough we allow eighth too, but no nitros.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)