Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Newcastle RC Racers

Old 23-09-2014

Well another decent turn out last night for a good night racing. Good to have Christian along again running Rob's car in some races and it also seems that Pauy Young has bought himself a car to join his son James and the rest of you buggy lads from next week. Also another first time racer last night in James ????? who found us on oople and has gone and bought a buggy over the past week to come along. Hopefully see you again next Monday - when I will definitely be there now thanks to some unbeleivable incompetency at the Nuffield Hospital today!!!
Close racing last night was an understatement with the top 3 cars in the first leg TC final being separated by seven hundredths of a second between their best laps - 14.71, 14.75 & 14.78 seconds!!!!

Anyway - see you all again next Monday :-)
Old 30-09-2014

Have to say I was a bit disappointed and surprised in last nights poor turn out particularly after a couple of very busy weeks. Nevermind, still plenty there to race and have a good night.
Also a little disappointed in my own nights racing - after flying the last 2 weeks the tyres finally gave out last night and the new ones I replaced them with took a bit of getting used to - maybe because they’d been lying around in my pit box for a while - or maybe I was just driving like a girl last night, probably the latter.

Good to see James back putting in a full nights racing and another potential new racer thinking of defecting from Seaham J
Old 06-10-2014

Well im not going to b able to make it tonight

Bit gutting as i was looking forward to coming, but i was informed 2 hours before i left work that i have to cover oncall tonight (and the rest of the week), would have come along anyway but ill likely to get a call around 9 pm and again around 4am!

So best i stay at home and get as much sleep as i can as i still have to be present at work tomorrow even if i get called out
Old 21-10-2014

well another busy night last night - not quite matching the 17 racers the previous week but still a good turnout with 5-6 regulars missing!
Good to see Kristian now has his own car to race against Rob rather than as a tag team with Rob :-)
Some good close racing again in both heats, particularly the finals so hopefully we'll have the awol regulars back next week for more of the same - and maybe James joining the TC's from the dark side!
Old 22-10-2014

Well i was having a look at TC's and i accidently clicked on the buy button that was the other side of the page to the back button i was trying to click, oops

So hopefully if i get it built in time (its in kit form) i will be turning up with a turnigy TD10, which is a direct replica of the 3racing sakura zero s (built on the same line and the same factory)

cant complain for less than £45 new
Old 28-10-2014

Well its nice to see TyneMet getting busy on a regular basis again. 3 full heats last night and at least 4 regular racers missing. Couple of not so new racers joining us last night, Jamie Taylor, a Benfield lad running in the Buggy class and keeping Nev on his toes. Nev joining the “dark side” for the night!
And Sean Lancaster back with a TC after a LONG time away from the club. Hopefully see you both back next week.
James Kelner in the past week has gone the opposite way to Nev changing over to be a TC driver and last night saw Jedward running both classes, swapping from TC to Buggy after breaking a wishbone.
Good close racing over the full night with the TC heats condensed into an entertaining 10 car final to get the rounds in before kicking out time, and nice to see the buggy lads running jumps again J

Hopefully the missing regulars will put in an appearance next week and we can get back up to 4 heats!!!
Old 28-10-2014

Thanks for a good evening of racing with a fantastic clean fight against Nev, needed to nail the clean runs and pray to the gods of good fortune that they would nail Nev!

Will be back next week for more buggy action.

If you don't ask, you'll never know!
Old 31-10-2014

Pleased you enjoyed it, see you Monday :-)
Old 12-11-2014

Another good turn out last night with 2 TC and 1 Buggy heat all fitting in 4 quali and 2 leg finals.
Unfortunately a few regulars missing again and probably the least grip we’ve had on the floor in a long time - great for the lads with newish tyres but like driving on ice for myself and Trev after the cars being on rails last week!

New tyres next week I think J

No signs of James Young again???

See you all next Monday
Old 28-07-2015

Well apart from some worrying noises coming from both my TC & Junior’s buggy, last night was disappointingly quiet with only 2 mixed heats and finals.
6 rounds of racing fitted in tho along with a few diy mods to the new store cupboard to help fit/keep track in place.

Good nights racing for Nev winning every round I think tho Pikey gave him a hard time most of the night with The Boss joining in the battle for the final.

Hopefully see more of you back there next week

Hopefully less ill sounding cars too………..
Old 12-08-2015

Good to have numbers back up a bit last night, again only 2 heats but busy in both with the usual 4 Q & 2 leg finals. Good grip and good racing J

Another visit occasional from Chris “Never Ready” Clark and Rob Callender back after a few weeks missing.

Hope to see more of you back again next week which will be the last weeks racing for a couple of weeks as we miss the following 2 due to enrolment and the bank holiday.

Also since it appear that Benfield may not be racing and NEAM –Seaham definitely aren’t due to regionals, anyone from either who fancies some club racing, come along to Tynemet J
Old 12-08-2015

Benfield are definitely racing every Friday night
Old 12-08-2015
Mad Member

100% racing friday
Old 13-08-2015

Nice to know some people actually still check this post - I was beginning to think I'd been talking to myself for the past 6 months!!