Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > I Made This !

Closed Thread

Old 18-09-2006
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to BenG Send a message via MSN to BenG

yeah transmission is from a TA05, so its bullet proof
Old 20-09-2006

thats good then!
Old 21-09-2006
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to BenG Send a message via MSN to BenG

I havr made some new drawings, I will post em up tonight
Old 01-06-2007
Spends too long on oOple ...

Default bj4 with pred shcoks

interesting idea, but the cost of doing this shouldnt cost more than fifty quid at the max, as the steering mechanisms are already on the market and the repo of the shocks isnt too hard either.

But i have to agree why change a design that is already a great design to a design that will probably make this car worse.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 05-06-2007

mmm shaft and belt dont mix as kyosho tried it and the car couldnt handle power, gears on the rear and belt at the front.

Ben here is an idea for you to do and it isnt to hard either. Buy either a losi or associated B4 2wd, and convert to a 4wd, like MIP did fifteen years or so ago. Now ive dabbled with this idea for a while and it isnt difficult. Worth a try dont you think and the cost is minimal as all you need is the car, the belt system and when installed corrct castor blocks and ujs. game on
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 05-06-2007
Amateur Member

Mmmm. So in summary:
You've designed and priced up a car basd on the BJ4 design, at $200-$400, without actualy building it.
After a few harsh words from the nay-sayers, you beieved in your design enough to cave in instantly and move on to an Acadamy based car.
Then when that was poo-poo'd you loved the re-thought out plan so much you switched to a Corrolly layout.
All this brainstorming is fine, but why say you have a product, priced and ready, then change it numerous times because of comments on a forum. Surely if you have designd the 'sweet car' you are claiming, you should carry it through no mater what people say?
Unless it's all bovine excreta.
Old 05-06-2007

hey look guys, I know Ben has been a little.... erm... eager with his posts, but coem on, lay off now, not much fun keeping reading this
Old 05-06-2007
Mad Member

Oh I don't know, I'm still finding it quite amusing!

BenG was setting himself up for a MASSIVE fall with all his posts. Yes, he was enthusiastic, but also he didn't have a clue.

Unfortunatley for BenG this isn't the Modelsport UK forum, the people on oOple actually know a thing or two about RC, and could see through his blather from day one.

So let's enjoy this victory for common sense!

Does that make me a nasty person?
Old 05-06-2007
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

The on-goings with various members and BenG are really going to have to stop.
At first people were trying to put Ben in his correct place.. but now i'm seeing it as people looking for a reason to do so.. and it is turning in to a form of bullying. An example is bringing this thread back when the last post was on 21/9/2006 just to have a dig at one of Bens past creations.

Leave the guy to it.. if he enjoys doing it then let him do so. I'm not picking sides, but i'm actually sick of seeing this on a family forum now.

Any future posts of blatant digs towards BenG for no reason will be removed by my self, if it continues then warnings will be issued.

I dislike having to take these types of actions as I enjoy to have fun and banter on this forum just as much as anyone.. but this is going on far too long.
Old 05-06-2007
Administrator

Welshy brought it back to comment on the car - I agree Ben did come out with stuff that set him up for some 'feedback' lets say, but I don't like to see anyone ripped too much no matter what.
I think Ben has gone to contemplate, and also because this forum is 'sucky', so let's agree to love his memory.
Old 05-06-2007

Thanks, I know he set himself up, against better advice of keeping stum, but there is a fine line between constructive criticism and victimisation, and as I read it felt more the latter of late on this thread and another. Which isn't nice careless of who it is.

Live and love guys.
Old 05-06-2007
Amateur Member

Anyone who attempts to build a car from scratch is OK by me. I had enough trouble building a kit with instructions. My comments were aimed primarily at those who belittled Ben's ideas with biased opinions of their own. For example just because th BJ4 is a great car in many views doesn't necessarily mean it couldn't be improved in some small way.

I did have a small critism of Ben in that he was swayed from his ideas too quickly by others. But he isn't the first and won't be the last teenager to be in that position.

As for victimisation and bullying? Those are strong terms, especially when directed at one who has shown interest in Ben's efforts in earlier posts and looked forward to seeing the results at his local track, Batley.

Maybe I should sign up for the Modelsport forum and leave those 'who know a thing or two about RC' too it.

Ben, good luck, keep going and prove us all wrong.
Old 06-06-2007
LeeOtard

HOLD ON!

i need to say one thing...you seem to be designer 2 cars at the same time...2 and 4wd....

pick one and work on that!

not both!
Old 06-06-2007
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly View Post
As for victimisation and bullying? Those are strong terms, especially when directed at one who has shown interest in Ben's efforts in earlier posts and looked forward to seeing the results at his local track, Batley.
i'm not pointing fingers at yourself, or no one else. my post was a general statement to all as im tired of seeing the digs dragging out.

lets just leave it and get back to the funness of the forum!
Closed Thread