Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Norfolk Buggy Club

Old 22-02-2011

Default Hi from potential new member.

Hi guys/girls,

Ive moved into the area recently and am wanting to get back into the hobby. I know there is alot of onroad stuff here in the UK (im from Oz) but im glad ive found some offroading not too far from Norwich.

Just a couple of questions;

What are your rules for 1/8 buggies? Do you run nitro or electric? or both etc?

Ive just got my hands on a 2nd hand RC8 roller and want to know whether or not i need to convert it to electric or not to able to run it at NBC.

Is the track only available to be used on race days? Or can you use it anytime? Charges to use the track? Id be happy to come and help out with any maintainence or working bees if needed.

Any other info you could provide would be great as im looking forward to hopefully joining you guys for some racing fun.

Regards

Alex
Old 22-02-2011
Mad Member

Hi Alex,

Always nice to see potential new faces at the club.

The club is all about fun and on a race day we have tenth and eighth running on two seperate tracks. There is plenty of space outside for pitting, with a limited number of benches, should the weather turn nasty there is space to pit in a large container which also serves as our rostrum.
Both the tenth and eighth tracks are a mixture of grass and dirt with a mixture of jumps and bumps.

The rules are pretty relaxed at the club to make it easy for new people to get into the hobby, and to keep it simply. On the 1/8 side of things everyone I know of races nitro, although there would be nothing to stop anyone racing an 1/8 electric should they wish to.

I've recently started a website for the club which has directions, club fee's and a calendar which due to the british weather can change so it's best to keep an eye on here to.
The link is in my signature line. If you think of anything that would make the site better let me know, it's a work in progress and not being a computer whizz any suggestions are always welcome.

I know that the next planned race meeting at NBC on Sunday 27 Feb has been cancelled due to it clashing with a tenth meeting which a number of drivers are attending. Although I am contemplating popping over for a bit of practice with my 1/10 if the weather is ok.

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!
Old 22-02-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

hi

JCB has just about covered it, we all run nitro 8th at the min, but if you wish to run alactric thats no probs

Once you have come to a club meeting so we can put a name to a face...and we have taken some ££££ from you, you are welcome to use the track when you like

We are next up there on the 13th March

Dave

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 22-02-2011

Thanks for the reply guys.

Sounds good on the general environment of the club. I spend 99% of my time being a professional golfer so im really only after a fun (okay, slighty competitive!) place to run some laps when I have some time at home. Unfortunately I do travel alot so I wont be able to attend every meet but if im home i will definitely make an effort to be up there.

Im happy you guys run nitro, who cant love the sound and smell of some nitro vapour trails!!! On that subject, does anyone know anyone who has a nitro engine for sale? I only ask as id rather buy of another member than some random on ebay etc. Do you have a size rule? eg only .21's? or anything you want? Also any servos for sale as i'll need to get them for my roller too.

Your website doesnt actually say how much for membership. It has a ?? where it has the price.

I will do my best to get up there on the 13th to meet you guys. Do you run micro's at all? I also have a RC18T.

Many thanks

Alex
Old 23-02-2011

Talking No limits

If its rc........ run it!!! Only one thing matters SPEED !!! o and turning... Only two things matter SPEED and TURNING.... maybe not crashing too O.K Only three things matter SPEED and TURNING and NOT CRASHIN!!!! other than that were pretty cool on the rest
Old 23-02-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

We run .21 in buggys. just sold an engine.But for just running at club there are quite a few very good cheep engines.

Membership, Just sorting that at the min

Oh and we are not all mad as a box of frogs, dufty just put's random post up like that now and again

Flask of tea & a rollup
Old 23-02-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by almunro View Post
Thanks for the reply guys.

Sounds good on the general environment of the club. I spend 99% of my time being a professional golfer so im really only after a fun (okay, slighty competitive!) place to run some laps when I have some time at home. Unfortunately I do travel alot so I wont be able to attend every meet but if im home i will definitely make an effort to be up there.

Im happy you guys run nitro, who cant love the sound and smell of some nitro vapour trails!!! On that subject, does anyone know anyone who has a nitro engine for sale? I only ask as id rather buy of another member than some random on ebay etc. Do you have a size rule? eg only .21's? or anything you want? Also any servos for sale as i'll need to get them for my roller too.

Your website doesnt actually say how much for membership. It has a ?? where it has the price.

I will do my best to get up there on the 13th to meet you guys. Do you run micro's at all? I also have a RC18T.

Many thanks

Alex

I think I have a KO2344 servo at home somewhere, which I used in my 1/10 4wd for a couple of seasons. PM me if you think it might be any good and to negotiate on price.

So your one of the lucky few that get to earn their pennies doing something that most would class as a hobby, although I can't imagnie Golf is that enjoyable with the weather at the minute. On a slight side note I know a good accountant should you be on the look out.

There used to be a club near Bury St Edmunds that ran micro's although I think they may have gone back to touring cars. You could give it a blast round the 1/10 track, but I reckon that could be a bit bumpy!

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!
Old 23-02-2011

Yeah i guess most would call it a hobby. When its good its great and a great lifestyle, but when its not going your way I'd definitely rather have a day job where im guaranteed a pay packet at the end of the week! Well ive just come back from 2 months at home in Sydney so compared to there (summer), yes the weather is a little trying!! And should I ever earn enough money that i need a really good accountant, i'll let you know!!

Pm'd about the servo.

I might give the RC18T a go on the 1/10th, as im in the process of putting larger 1/10 rims n tyres on it for a bit more ground clearance.

Thanks guys. Now, down to business getting that RC8 up n running.
Old 23-02-2011

Default small world

Life is funny eh, A possible new member who plays golf, and my first car was a golf....WOW thats spooky ....
Old 23-02-2011

New rule.... NO spitting on the track
Old 23-02-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

More and more random by the hour

Flask of tea & a rollup
Old 23-02-2011

sounds like someone has been spending too long next to his bottle of fuel!!
Old 25-02-2011

Hi, Im also a new potential member, just come our of touring cars, got my xray t3 up forsale, before i buy a new buggy didnt know what class was more popular at your club? 2wd or 4wd, i like the sound of the Schumacher Cougar SV - Pro CF, id prefer 2wd as they are more fun, however dont want to be the only loser with one lol

thanks

nick
Old 25-02-2011

Default LOSER

Dont worry about that its full of losers
seriously tho, either class is raced although there are more 2wd than 4wd(pussys).............but ask dave before buyin a cougar, he may have some advice.
Old 27-02-2011

what tyres do you 1/8 guys run on the track? and wheres the best place to buy fuel from in Norwich?

thanks