Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 04-11-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbon666 View Post
As Si said, they aren't common in 10th.

But you are right, they are common sense. But common sense doesn't always prevail.

It's usually after an accident that the safety measures get implemented.
That's what I was getting at prevention is better than a cure let's sort the safety issuses now rather than later I'm not moaning or trying to get any class banned but safety must come first above all else."constructive critisiam"

what would you prefair to be hit in the leg with my lazer or 1/8 buggy ? Exactly lazer everytime

buds

http://budsballs.co.uk
Old 04-11-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Your Lazer. It would disintegrate entirely whilst doing no damage to my leg at all.......

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 04-11-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Coe View Post
Your Lazer. It would disintegrate entirely whilst doing no damage to my leg at all.......
And your d4 hitting my leg would be just like being attacked by a blue peter project do I have to mention the tape and glitter again

buds

Old 04-11-2009
Mad Member

Default high visibility vests???

Quote:
The only things I can think of to increase marshal safety are...

1/ Give advice in the drivers briefing, especially for new drivers, as to what to be aware of when marshalling. Also advise drivers regarding slowing down when a marshal is in certain areas of the track.

2/ High visibility vests for marshals.

3/ Moving the marshalling points to make some areas easier to marshal. I think that having the larger gap suggested by someone earlier between the rostrum and track would make the tabletop easier to marshall.

Maybe these would help. These are just things I've thought of quickly, so criticism is welcome.
high visibility vests for marshals???you dont work for the council by any chance do you lol??? what about us all getting a hard hat and steel toe cap boots to LMAO!!!!! and what about getting roger a big whistle one with a string so can hang it round his neck
Old 04-11-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob m View Post
wow hold on,it cant be all my fault! i was only following orders from other people who i presumed new what they were doing,so next time il speak up,people should put pen to paper for track ideas to speed up building on the saturday aswell.
Rob, I blame you too dude, not sure why, just cos I feel like.
Old 04-11-2009
Mad Member

Ill secon that mat hi vis are a wate of time for marshalls - nothn to do with them not being seen - if their hit it would be a mistake

To be honest I dint see the prob with 1/8th

I'd let 1/5th in myslef

budfish just keep facing "up-traffic" surely you have enough cushioning up front?
Old 04-11-2009
Mad Member

Default 1/5th

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanks View Post
Ill secon that mat hi vis are a wate of time for marshalls - nothn to do with them not being seen - if their hit it would be a mistake

To be honest I dint see the prob with 1/8th

I'd let 1/5th in myslef

budfish just keep facing "up-traffic" surely you have enough cushioning up front?
yes i agree shanks mate i was thinking of getting a 1/5th 25cc petrol baja it would be mega on that track i was thinking the spectators could get some shin pads and youd just need to open the door to let the fumes out!!
Old 04-11-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb View Post
yes i agree shanks mate i was thinking of getting a 1/5th 25cc petrol baja it would be mega on that track i was thinking the spectators could get some shin pads and youd just need to open the door to let the fumes out!!
Ive (not) just bought a Metro, can I race that?
Old 04-11-2009
Mad Member

Default metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislong View Post
no problem chris lmao
Old 04-11-2009
Mad Member

125cc motocross would be nice

Old 04-11-2009
Mad Member

How about a Segway race, that would be awesome!

Clown
Old 04-11-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislong View Post
Be carefull not to flash the lights on that metro shanks might get the wrong idea lmfao

buds

Old 04-11-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I'm fairly sure you really could drive my car round that track. Not sure it could do the jump though!

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 04-11-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Coe View Post
I'm fairly sure you really could drive my car round that track. Not sure it could do the jump though!
But we'll have fun trying!!! Game on!!
Old 04-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb View Post
high visibility vests for marshals???you dont work for the council by any chance do you lol??? what about us all getting a hard hat and steel toe cap boots to LMAO!!!!! and what about getting roger a big whistle one with a string so can hang it round his neck
It's something they use at some outdoor venues (for 1/5th scale IIRC). It is sometimes to do with marshalls not being seen - lots of drivers don't look ahead and a flash of bright colour makes you aware there's something there.

You could run no safety if you want - I'm just coming up with suggestions to resolve the issue mentioned so that the 1/8th guys can keep running with us. As I said before, I wouldn't want to see any class excluded for any reason. The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned.
Stockists of Associated, Hot Bodies, Schumacher, FTX, HPI, Hobao, Exceed, XRay, Nosram, Alturn, RPM, Thunder Tiger, Venom, Pro-Line, Fastrax, Novak, Losi, RPM, RW Racing, Blue Bird, Savox, Spektrum, Byron and way,way more.
--------------------
Daves Cars...
Just a lonely mini E-Revo right now
Old 04-11-2009

Default jackets

Quote:
It's something they use at some outdoor venues (for 1/5th scale IIRC). It is sometimes to do with marshalls not being seen - lots of drivers don't look ahead and a flash of bright colour makes you aware there's something there.

You could run no safety if you want - I'm just coming up with suggestions to resolve the issue mentioned so that the 1/8th guys can keep running with us. As I said before, I wouldn't want to see any class excluded for any reason. The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned.
I dont think jackets would be the answer i mean wat next next will we have to fill in a health and safety log books just in case were hit by a 1/8th the worlds going mad..... maybe we should cover all are cars in bubble wrap and then there wouldn't be a issue here, me personally loved seeing the trucks,1/8 on track it has actually made me seriously think about buying one for future races.
We need just to have more of a team think when building the track and maybe not put the table top in front of the rostrum!!!!!......
i blame rob.......lol
Old 04-11-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via Yahoo to matdodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by budfish View Post
Neil I'm not saying your not very capable driver because I know you are . What about the young lad racing one he took my car out before the race even started . He does not have the control you have and my mates just bought one I wouldn't like to see one in his hands he struggled keeping his lazer on the track so what's he going to be like?

buds

To be fair to the young lad it was his first race meeting & the first time he had used the car so probably shouldn't of been in your heat there alot harder to slow down than a 10th car!
When he put some non kit tyres on he did ok infact looking at the results he beat people who have raced much longer than him finishing 4th!

I do agree we should keep people waiting away from the big jump though some people seamed to just launch it and crash there lap after lap!

In general though I think the Woody & the guys did a good job on the track an I'm sure it will be even better next time
Old 05-11-2009

so is it just 8th buggies allowed or can truggies play too??

can you see where im going here??

I know what i said before but i have since found out that the indoor track is massive and retract what i said. But i still stand by the safety ideas, prevention is better than a cure and if it means standing in a hi vis vest fer 5 mins then so be it. After all i do it at outdoor meetings so why not indoors?
Old 05-11-2009
Mad Member

Default Good ideas

There has been some good ideas and a lot of input from drivers of all skill levels(me being the worst apart from shanks)

so the upshoot is when building the track I think we will be aware of the danger points and also the 1/8 buggys . No waiting in the area where the heat sheets and transponders are and maybe leave a space of about a metre in front of the rostrum to aid visability of all the track. I will be there helping rog, woody and the lads the Saturday before the race so hopefully we should be able to accomadate some of the ideas. Not sure of the hi vis though

we've all got to remember we won't get a second chance if we damage the floor covering we are out no second chances. Then what do we do for rest of winter??????

Regards

Bud

Old 05-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by budfish View Post
so the upshoot is when building the track I think we will be aware of the danger points and also the 1/8 buggys . No waiting in the area where the heat sheets and transponders are and maybe leave a space of about a metre in front of the rostrum to aid visability of all the track.
That sounds like a good solution from the ideas thrown in and seems to be what pretty much what everyone agrees on.
Stockists of Associated, Hot Bodies, Schumacher, FTX, HPI, Hobao, Exceed, XRay, Nosram, Alturn, RPM, Thunder Tiger, Venom, Pro-Line, Fastrax, Novak, Losi, RPM, RW Racing, Blue Bird, Savox, Spektrum, Byron and way,way more.
--------------------
Daves Cars...
Just a lonely mini E-Revo right now