Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North East

Closed Thread

Old 16-07-2008
Lee-Mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracer View Post
i might move to kampenhout they sell beer trackside .
Wow, adults with beer, but who would look after us and make sure nobody got into trouble. Maybe clubs should breathalise racers too

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 16-07-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to josh_smaxx

Looks like i have missed a fair bit in the couple of hours i have been away building my AX-10.

It does state in this thread that i shot 2 people, according to claims i actually shot 3 people, now with numbers this low i doubt even a British-ly educated 16 year old can get mixed up between 2 and 3, i shot 2 people who i will not name names, one of them complained, the other one did not, one other person complained about being shot when i did no such thing.

As with the comment 'firing BB pellets all around the pitting area where they are children'. Im trying not to condone my actions myself but on of the young children; Robs own son kept coming over to me to look at the toy gun (which i obviously didnt use while he was there, that would have been silly), his son asked me for a go which i obviously did not permit him and the only thing i shot at in the pits was a polystyrene chip tray. In the track area i was invited to shoot at ONE persons car, which i did and missed and i shot at Alex a few times (he doesnt count as a person to shoot at because it was part of a joke and he wasnt bothered). When Rob did ask me to stop, i believe i did stop at that moment, although Rob didnt make an attempt to stop me, or tell anyone on the commitee/chairman ect so i do think that claim is a little invalid.

So there, thats all i have to say and if you think the punishment i got dealt was adequate and acceptable then thats your own opinion and because of the nature of the forum and all the free-speech stuff means i have no problem in you expressing that. I obviously think i was dealt with harshly but i would and strangely enough i am slightly biased about the situation.

I appreciate all the words spoken for me and slightly surprised by some of the people who have spoken against me, i just hope it never happens to you because in all honesty, having this happen to you is absolutely heart wrenching; knowing that you can not race anywhere at all for a year. Painful shit.
Old 16-07-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge View Post
OK, I won't.

I've tried to give some support to a club that is trying to create a pleasant environment for everyone to race in.

Instead I have come up against a bunch of people whose main interest is having a go at that club instead.

No wonder clubs are in crisis.
I think the main issue of this thread is the severity of the punishment handed out.
No-one is having a go at the club but the reaction to this thread surely shows that the club officials made a mistake.
By all means punish him, but not to this degree.
Old 16-07-2008
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracer View Post
i think TRCC have shot themselves in the foot with this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
I went with my brother Bilo to Teesside, he has retardation, he fit right in

High five
HAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by racdeaf View Post
come on lads
he (josh smaxx) was shootin bb gun in the pit area where there is 4 children age between 6 to 13 year old plus 20 adults or more but josh have shot 2 people which they complained as i was there at the time .
At the time my son 6 year old was around but if my 6 year old boy walk into line of bb into his eyes this is serious situation! which i told josh twice that it not allow but he still doing it as i am not a committee of trcc as i myself a member of trcc which i felt ban him is fair !
accident can happen in serious way !

At the end of the night there was more than 8 bb balls was fired into pit area and couple more in the racing track
this is unacceptable !

but again josh stand up for him self and admitted his stupid.
well done
Your son could of stood at the bottom of the straight and a car loose control and hit him at full speed. I could go out side now and get run over by a bus. He could of been standing next to someone who is soldering and got burnt by a soldering iron get over it i hate over protective parents.

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 16-07-2008
Mad Member

Your son could of stood at the bottom of the straight and a car loose control and hit him at full speed. I could go out side now and get run over by a bus. He could of been standing next to someone who is soldering and got burnt by a soldering iron get over it i hate over protective parents.

A[/quote]

er dude, i think you've gone off on one again . I'd rather have overprotective parents than ones who don't give a shit at all!!
Old 16-07-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyb4 View Post
I could go out side now and get run over by a bus.

A
Erm.....

Sorry Ash but that post wasnt really thought about was it? Rob takes all precations in the racing environment, his son plays with the other kids there and Rob keeps and eye on him, obviously his son doesnt run around the track while racing is underway and getting hit by the car is covered in your BRCA 3rd party insurance i think.
Old 16-07-2008

Sign here if you believe he was harshly treated.

http://www.petitiononline.com/JOSH1234/petition.html

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you
Old 16-07-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLARKSON View Post
Sign here if you believe he was harshly treated.

http://www.petitiononline.com/JOSH1234/petition.html
Old 16-07-2008

What im trying to say is he should of been in control of his son he is 6 for crist sake. And sh*t happens if he doesnt want his son to be hurt he needs to keep him with him or leave him with a relative. Stop blaming josh i think its just stupid ive been in a similar situation to josh. We spend alot of money on our kit and we put alot back into this sport i for one have put alot back into the sport and i bet josh does to i was there all national weekend i was the one who was up at 5.45 to let jackie into the portacabin at oswestry i helped build the track with other members and i built our regionals track aswell and i bet josh also used to help at trcc alot to and then we are told off when ever we do anything sligtly wrong and then there are adults who do alot worse thigns and dont even gets slap on the wrist.

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 16-07-2008

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_smaxx View Post
Looks like i have missed a fair bit in the couple of hours i have been away building my AX-10.

It does state in this thread that i shot 2 people, according to claims i actually shot 3 people, now with numbers this low i doubt even a British-ly educated 16 year old can get mixed up between 2 and 3, i shot 2 people who i will not name names, one of them complained, the other one did not, one other person complained about being shot when i did no such thing.

As with the comment 'firing BB pellets all around the pitting area where they are children'. Im trying not to condone my actions myself but on of the young children; Robs own son kept coming over to me to look at the toy gun (which i obviously didnt use while he was there, that would have been silly), his son asked me for a go which i obviously did not permit him and the only thing i shot at in the pits was a polystyrene chip tray. In the track area i was invited to shoot at ONE persons car, which i did and missed and i shot at Alex a few times (he doesnt count as a person to shoot at because it was part of a joke and he wasnt bothered). When Rob did ask me to stop, i believe i did stop at that moment, although Rob didnt make an attempt to stop me, or tell anyone on the commitee/chairman ect so i do think that claim is a little invalid.

So there, thats all i have to say and if you think the punishment i got dealt was adequate and acceptable then thats your own opinion and because of the nature of the forum and all the free-speech stuff means i have no problem in you expressing that. I obviously think i was dealt with harshly but i would and strangely enough i am slightly biased about the situation.

I appreciate all the words spoken for me and slightly surprised by some of the people who have spoken against me, i just hope it never happens to you because in all honesty, having this happen to you is absolutely heart wrenching; knowing that you can not race anywhere at all for a year. Painful shit.
dont mean to sh1t on you but if the brca withdraw your licence that means every class even crawlers!

have you actually been told by the BRCA chiarman your licence is withdrawn
Old 16-07-2008

Josh have you actually recieved a letter from Paul worsley or any BRCA official to say your license has been revoked.

A

Old 16-07-2008
Mad Member

Ash, you are going off on a tangent and if I were a parent and somebody was fumbling with a bb gun close to my kid I'd do something about it. If the actions were not stopped I'd probably go apeshit...

Do I understand correctly that BRCA membership is mandatory to race anything in Britain due to insurance? In that case Josh you could take out a private liability insurance with model racing covered. It wouldn't cost you an arm and a leg and you could race anywhere else you pleased as long as it wasn't a BRCA sanctioned event...

Can anybody say how it works if someone from outside the UK wants to come and race? Would I need insurance or am I covered by the club in question?
Old 16-07-2008
Lee-Mag

For a club race, most clubs will cover you as a new member for 3 meetings, so you would be covered by their insurance. This is what i am led to believe anyway. Im not sure if an efra license would cover you, i am not sure if they are only accepted at efra events or if they act as a pass to be able to race anywhere in europe.

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 16-07-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyb4 View Post
What im trying to say is he should of been in control of his son he is 6 for crist sake. And sh*t happens if he doesnt want his son to be hurt he needs to keep him with him or leave him with a relative. Stop blaming josh i think its just stupid ive been in a similar situation to josh. We spend alot of money on our kit and we put alot back into this sport i for one have put alot back into the sport and i bet josh does to i was there all national weekend i was the one who was up at 5.45 to let jackie into the portacabin at oswestry i helped build the track with other members and i built our regionals track aswell and i bet josh also used to help at trcc alot to and then we are told off when ever we do anything sligtly wrong and then there are adults who do alot worse thigns and dont even gets slap on the wrist.

A

when you have a kid that age, and you see someone waving a bb gun around nearby, let's see how you respond! The stuff in bold is irrelevant to this situation mate
Old 16-07-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow.2 View Post
Can anybody say how it works if someone from outside the UK wants to come and race? Would I need insurance or am I covered by the club in question?
You're covered for 3 meetings I think it is as a 'guest' of the club, think it works differently for the larger meetings like euros/worlds as theres a different governing body you need a license for obviously.
Old 16-07-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
For a club race, most clubs will cover you as a new member for 3 meetings, so you would be covered by their insurance. This is what i am led to believe anyway. Im not sure if an efra license would cover you, i am not sure if they are only accepted at efra events or if they act as a pass to be able to race anywhere in europe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK999 View Post
You're covered for 3 meetings I think it is as a 'guest' of the club, think it works differently for the larger meetings like euros/worlds as theres a different governing body you need a license for obviously.
Thanks guys
Old 16-07-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopite View Post
when you have a kid that age, and you see someone waving a bb gun around nearby, let's see how you respond! The stuff in bold is irrelevant to this situation mate
Still an over reaction IMO mate. But meh what can be done.
A

Old 16-07-2008
Administrator

Not all clubs are BRCA affiliated, just thought I'd throw that one into the mix.

As for Josh, I think he comes across really well - if the club chooses to ban him that's up to them, I'm sure they also ban people charging at 6amps or swearing or deliberately wrecking their own cars. Saying they are wrong isn't really appropriate since it's already done and won't help Josh at all.

I'm not sure if Josh is actually banned from the BRCA but that sounds well-OTT to me - but that's MY opinion and since I'm closing the thread now no one can argue with me
Closed Thread