Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North East

Closed Thread

Old 15-07-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to josh_smaxx
Default My temporary departure from racing

Hey people of oOple,

This is just for me to say that im having a 'forced' temporary departure from racing. Basically following an incident at a TRCC club night where i was in possesion of a toy gun the club deemed it nessecary to remove me for a year, same goes for the BRCA up until the end of this year pending discussion at the executive meeting in September (to decide weather or not im allowed to renew my liecence next year).

Needless to say im absolutely gutted, almost heartbroken at the decision but they seems nothing i can do. I would also like to ask that anyone posting in this topic, please dont tell me how stupid i was to have a toy gun in my possesion or how i deserved it, im already down enough and dont need telling again how i made a huge, life changing mistake. Also it was quite hard for me to tell you all as i find it incredably embarrasing and im wondering how many peoples opinion of me will change for the worst.

If anyone has checked the crawler thread in the new truck section of the forum then you will know that im moving to crawling for a bit just to keep me occupied in the hobby till i can race again, i am looking forward to it as i have always wanted a crawler but im still coming back to racing i think.

Anyway, its out in the open and the few other people that know dont have to keep it a secret now.

Thanks for reading,

Josh
Old 15-07-2008

my opinion off you was really bad any way lol o.j

Old 15-07-2008

Well I'll give you credit for 2 things;

1. You started a thread that'll be more interesting to read than many.

2. You're man enough (figure of speech - no idea how old you are ) to admit you made a mistake and be open about what you did.
Old 15-07-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfonzo View Post
Well I'll give you credit for 2 things;

1. You started a thread that'll be more interesting to read than many.

2. You're man enough (figure of speech - no idea how old you are ) to admit you made a mistake and be open about what you did.
Thanks, im 16 BTW

Walla, i new you'd come up with something like that
Old 15-07-2008

i do feel sorry for you because you where better a driving than you are at playing basketball tell me when you get your ax10 running so i can come n have a look

Old 15-07-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by walla View Post
i do feel sorry for you because you where better a driving than you are at playing basketball tell me when you get your ax10 running so i can come n have a look
You can some tomorrow while im building it and get that 10.5 you wanted + 64dp pinion.

Taking a break from bball, riding my bike now if i can fix it reliably.
Old 15-07-2008

Hi,
Could have been worst, a friend of mine almost got shot by policemen playing with a toy gun in the street here in France...
Some say that a lesson lived is a lesson learned.

You're 16...you have time to become Rc world champion !!!

Crawler seems to be pretty cool !!

Xray xb4
Old 15-07-2008
Mad Member

Am I missing the point here somehow? Why the crap did you get banned for posession of a toy gun you are probably even entitled to play with if you are 16.
Was it an air rifle of some sort?

I find the ban a little harsh or were you being a tit with it?
Old 15-07-2008
Mad Member

Josh, I hope this helps. A man I held in the highest regard when I was just a bit older than you told me "Learn from other people's mistakes, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself." I'm sure there won't be a next time for this one, but taking that extra bit of time to think, or ask, or take advice from your seniors, is the best thing I ever did, and still do. They've made the mistakes...

Keep smiling...
Old 15-07-2008

Nothing to say but that really sucks mate.

I hope you get some enjoyment out of crawling. Failing that, buy a Havoc or something and go bashing. Much more fun than crawling.
Old 15-07-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Unless you were holding the club treasurer up at gunpoint i hardly see how a ban is justified ! ?

Surely " give me that and you can have it at close. Make sure that you don't bring that to the club again or else " would of sufficed.

There are 16 year olds going round knifing each other on a daily basis for Christs sakes.

One lad makes a stupid mistake, holds his hands in the air and then gets a years ban ! ?

Come on people, wake up and get yourself out of the cotton wool that you must walk around in and read the newspapers.

We all had toy guns as kids ( well maybe not 16 What were you doing with it anyway ? )

If the story is as you tell it and its just because you were carrying it then im pissed off for you Josh

Good luck mate

See My Feedback

Old 16-07-2008
oOple Contributor

Send a message via MSN to rcracer

they know you at your local club josh so why the hell ban you surely a spanking would have done only kidding dude it seems a bit OTT though.
Old 16-07-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Thanks for the support guys, it all does make sense.

It was one of those clear plastic toy ones from whitby that fires the plastic balls, me and a friend thought we would buy them for no apparent reason havent quite got round to how this as escelated from a cock about on the beach to this.
Old 16-07-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowOne View Post
Josh, I hope this helps. A man I held in the highest regard when I was just a bit older than you told me "Learn from other people's mistakes, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself." I'm sure there won't be a next time for this one, but taking that extra bit of time to think, or ask, or take advice from your seniors, is the best thing I ever did, and still do. They've made the mistakes...

Keep smiling...
Hi,

That is a very good point and extremely good advice but in this situation i cannot take a huge amount of advice from my seniors because they havent made this particular mistake. The way any form of object that resembles a gun, no matter how toy looking, what colour what ever; it always regarded as a gun in modern society. Now this happens to me with a toy one and the BRCA wanted to get the police involved yet 30 years ago (when my parents were my age or there abouts) it wasnt unacceptable for them to carry air rifles, which you muct agree are a fair bit more lethal than a toy plastic handgun.
Old 16-07-2008

sounds to me like your going to a club full of strict old men..... I think they should let you keep your licence, at the end of the day, clubs always moaning they need more members.... so why ban someone for a little silly mistake! a warning would have been fine.

Do you mind me asking, who ban you from the club and put you up to BRCA?
Old 16-07-2008
Mad Member

Unless you stood on your pit table screaming how you were going to kill every last motherf***er with your seethrough plastic gun I still don't get the point.

What did you do with it or was it just lying about???

What the hell is the UK coming to??? I for one still open doors for women, carry a large pocket knife, urinate in public and smoke pretty much wherever I please and enjoy having the liberty to do this.

Sorry for the rant but this is a royal case of people going nuts about stuff that would have been regarded healthy male behaviour not 20 years ago.

Go pinch someones bottom now, they might put you on TV...
Old 16-07-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy truman View Post
Do you mind me asking, who ban you from the club and put you up to BRCA?
All i know is it went through a vote at a comittee meeting, apparently a year ban was good as most of them voted for lifetime
Old 16-07-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow.2 View Post
What did you do with it or was it just lying about???
As i say i was just messing on with it, i only shot 2 people who were my friends in a non-malicious way, still one of them complained about me when id gone which kicked this off. The other person who complained i hadnt even pointed it at him during the night, i think he just felt like a bit of shit stiring TBH. Obviously i made a mistake using it there but obviously if i had thought anything at all would come of it, even someone just having a word with me i would have left it wrapped up in my coat all night.
Old 16-07-2008
Mad Member

So you acted like an idiot and got carried away... You're 16 for god's sake. You're meant to be annoying.

Enjoy the crawlers and you can still race at non-sanctioned races and I'd be staying away from your ex-club from now on anyway. What a bunch of gits!
Old 16-07-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Crazy, sounds harsh. Remind me not to bother with TRCC, id be affraid of farting, there are other clubs in the country who'd appreciate additional members.

This country sucks.