Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 31-05-2013

Default Vampire esc lipo cut off

Hi all
My vampire esc is running my lipo down to 2% before it cuts off , is this ok ?
2nd question when I charge my turnigy nano tech to full it takes 5940 ish to fully charge but its only a 5800mah is my esc running it too low ?
Old 31-05-2013
Mad Member

2%?
It's usually measured as a voltage. 2.8, 3.0, 3.2 or something.

yes, it sounds like you are hammering the battery, I typically put about half that into a battery of similar capacity.
Old 31-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattr View Post
2%?
It's usually measured as a voltage. 2.8, 3.0, 3.2 or something.

yes, it sounds like you are hammering the battery, I typically put about half that into a battery of similar capacity.
I run it until the car stops and won't go any more , this is at home practicing not racing , do you think I'm running my battery's too low ?
Old 31-05-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bells View Post
I run it until the car stops and won't go any more , this is at home practicing not racing , do you think I'm running my battery's too low ?
Sounds to me like you have it on NIMH setting, make sure you havent, or you could do damage to your packs, in LIPO mode they will trip much higher than that and simply cut out the car...

When you entered the set up Menu, step 1 is the Battery type (indicated by one flash of the menu LED, count how many times the set LED flashed (1 is 2S LIPO, 2 is 1S LIPO, 3, is LIFE 2S and 4 is NIMH/NICAD)
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Boyle View Post
Sounds to me like you have it on NIMH setting, make sure you havent, or you could do damage to your packs, in LIPO mode they will trip much higher than that and simply cut out the car...

When you entered the set up Menu, step 1 is the Battery type (indicated by one flash of the menu LED, count how many times the set LED flashed (1 is 2S LIPO, 2 is 1S LIPO, 3, is LIFE 2S and 4 is NIMH/NICAD)
I'm pretty certain it's in 2s mode , I will ask James to have a double check for me if he is racing at batley
Old 02-06-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bells View Post
I'm pretty certain it's in 2s mode , I will ask James to have a double check for me if he is racing at batley
He's in Bury tomorrow.
I can sort it for you Ian.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------