Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 10-01-2010

Default problem with axle

does anyone has seen this before on the Durango.
Old 10-01-2010
Mad Member

I have, send it back and get a replacement
Old 10-01-2010

thanks
Old 06-02-2010

i have get for free:

2 axles and 2 outdrives. Durango thanks
Old 13-02-2010

this is mine. Outdrive & the plastic ring that slips over the outdrive are damaged in the process. Emailed TD last sunday & Adam 2-3 days ago and have yet to receive a reply. Anyone help?
Old 13-02-2010

Send a message via AIM to Adam Skelding Send a message via MSN to Adam Skelding Send a message via Yahoo to Adam Skelding Send a message via Skype™ to Adam Skelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEINsports View Post

this is mine. Outdrive & the plastic ring that slips over the outdrive are damaged in the process. Emailed TD last sunday & Adam 2-3 days ago and have yet to receive a reply. Anyone help?
Teinsports
You only pm'd me yesterday afternoon not 2-3 days ago!
Best thing to do is send your parts back to your distributor. They should replace your parts free of charge.
If not get back in touch with me on oople.

Powered by OptiPower

Do, or do not, there is no try!
Old 13-02-2010

im really dissapointed with the quality of durango.

I can understand if I paid at b44 $320 prices, but not at $650us, I expect a kit that will be better than the rest in terms of quality.

to date I have only finished 50% of my heats/races. I have not had a 4wd that breaks down as much as this. Now when im driving, im actually expecting something to fall apart and not finish.

if its not bad enough spending $650us on a kit, you need some aftermarket parts to make it durable right from the off.
solid drive pins, ball cups & AE/HB ball studs to suit. These are issues durango need to sort out in their new kits.
Old 13-02-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Mike Hudson

To be fair every car will have it's draw backs & there will always be something common to fail on it stock out the box.
Especially when it's not been out on the market very long, it's abit unfair to slate the companys on public forums.
If theres a problem you should go through the proper channels & be patient for their reply as there will probably always be alot of work going on.

If it's built properly & well maintained every few meetings you shouldn't have so many problems.

Most of the failures I see are due to prolonged wear & tear or previously damaged/worn parts that havn't been replaced or attended well enough to.
Old 13-02-2010
Mad Member

I've had the same problem with drive shafts mike, in fact most of the problems with the car are not down to poor builds or maintenance and have been experienced by most owners, including team drivers.
Old 13-02-2010

please also remember that most of the extra cost in this buggy is from the long development process and the prototyping for the last ten years. If it was a car that came to be within the last year, the design would not have been so clever. Then, since less money would be spent on R&D, they could put it into higher quality materials in the small places like bearings, drive pins, ball cups. But we wouldn't have a great layout and trick handling that we have with this car. They had to save some money somewhere to keep the cost down.

Quite frankly, I would like to see molded side pods instead of the (really nice) machined aluminum pieces. They could save a small bit of weight and put that cost savings into other areas that need it.

And as far as the good parts going bad (axles for instance) most of the time this comes from the manufacturing company the parts are being outsourced from. It only takes one dyslexic person to read a spec wrong to ruin a whole batch of parts. People make mistakes.
Old 14-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastinfastout View Post

I can understand if I paid at b44 $320 prices, but not at $650us, I expect a kit that will be better than the rest in terms of quality.

to date I have only finished 50% of my heats/races. I have not had a 4wd that breaks down as much as this. Now when im driving, im actually expecting something to fall apart and not finish.

if its not bad enough spending $650us on a kit, you need some aftermarket parts to make it durable right from the off.
solid drive pins, ball cups & AE/HB ball studs to suit. These are issues durango need to sort out in their new kits.
i have to agree to a certain extent. The ball cups, bearings, axles, front uprights, driveshaft pins have proven to suffer from premature failure, something i would not expect from a car of this standard. There are a total of 3 running kits at my track in Singapore and these premature failures had somewhat made others allude to the fact that its a 'Made in Taiwan' car. Till now, i have only broke 1 x front arm, 1 x front upright, bent 2 hingepins but most of the other pit stops are attributed by the smaller breakages/failures which just makes you feel so helpless, esp during a heat/race. Anyway, im quite sure the guys at TD would get these sorted.
Old 14-02-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

everyone will have there own opinion,and i think people have the right to voice there opinion,as long as its not offensive but constructive,Adam has always been more than helpfull and unlike most they dont just sell it then forget about you,i have to agree that its not just a case of poor maintenance,i love the car and its realy nice to work on(apart from replacing the rear wing mount)but its the little things like the pins,bearings,iv had no issue with the rear since i use the middle of a bearing instead of the crush washerjust need somthing to replace the front one now,i can think on another car that falls to bits as soon as it turns a wheel and its not just a £3 washer or pin.

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 14-02-2010

well i ame very happy with my free new axles and outdrives, i have mailed them send a picture with it. they mailed me back about the part numbers.
2 weeks later i have them for free no shipping charges.
Great servise! and don't forget they are a new rc car brand that's why the durango dex 410 is expensive, if they are making rc cars for a longer time they will get cheaper in price like associated.
Old 14-02-2010

be fair people, the DEX410 is a 6 month old car, if even, and durango is obviously working at fixing the problems. . . . . . . associated's parts quality and finish has only continued to deteriorate over time, so durango has them beat . . . . .give them time - - - - it seems to be isolated events, not mass product
Old 14-02-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastinfastout View Post

i can agree with this for $650us you would expect things to stay together not break or fall a part there has been a couple dx410 running at our club so far one cought fire cos the rear propshaft pin came out and piersed a lipo not good and the other has finished about three races in one piece im not saying the car isn't a good car before you lot have pop what im saying is when you spend 650 on somthing you would expect it to stay in one piece.

stu
Old 15-02-2010

Thumbs up

The cost doesn't prevent it from breaking, or decrease preventative maintenance in any way. I've been racing from the age of 10, and have had $7000 front suspensions (motocross) fall apart, even with extreme pre-race preparation and knowledge of the suspension. Parts break. Some more than others. The owner of a DEX410 must learn it's weak points, same as all the other cars.
If you think it's gonna be better because it's more expensive, you're very inexperienced, and should start with a lesser car, more to your skill level. 4wd might not be for you.
I found most of the 410's ailments in the first 2 times I tested the car. Not from driving alone, but from driving and then INSPECTING for loose screws, bent parts, cracks, scrapes, binding, etc. If you're not prepared to learn your car, and do a little work in the pits, you'll never enjoy a cutting edge 4wd RC.
Learn your car, know what to expect from it, and the rest is pure fun!
Old 15-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadrc View Post
well i ame very happy with my free new axles and outdrives, i have mailed them send a picture with it. they mailed me back about the part numbers.
2 weeks later i have them for free no shipping charges.
Great servise! and don't forget they are a new rc car brand that's why the durango dex 410 is expensive, if they are making rc cars for a longer time they will get cheaper in price like associated.
Thats nice to hear. Im still waiting for Adam to get things sorted. Apparently, the China/Hong Kong distributor categorized this as a wear & tear failure and sent me a list of Tresrey option parts instead.
Old 15-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperFX View Post
The cost doesn't prevent it from breaking, or decrease preventative maintenance in any way. I've been racing from the age of 10, and have had $7000 front suspensions (motocross) fall apart, even with extreme pre-race preparation and knowledge of the suspension. Parts break. Some more than others. The owner of a DEX410 must learn it's weak points, same as all the other cars.
If you think it's gonna be better because it's more expensive, you're very inexperienced, and should start with a lesser car, more to your skill level. 4wd might not be for you.
I found most of the 410's ailments in the first 2 times I tested the car. Not from driving alone, but from driving and then INSPECTING for loose screws, bent parts, cracks, scrapes, binding, etc. If you're not prepared to learn your car, and do a little work in the pits, you'll never enjoy a cutting edge 4wd RC.
Learn your car, know what to expect from it, and the rest is pure fun!
Very nicely put

www.wbmcc.com
Old 15-02-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

The problem is many people jump on the pre -order list when new cars come out so they can be amongst the first to own one.
These cars have been tested by team drivers who,s skill level is way above the average drivers therefore imo they dont really get the sort of abuse joe public throws at them.
The true test of reliability comes once the racing public have had their hands on them for a few months, they will crash heavier ,land heavier and generally give the car much more abuse than team drivers. This is when you really find out what a car has in the way of strength and weakness.
It will be interesting to find out how the cougar sv fares when released to the public.
Old 15-02-2010
Super Moderator

I'm not sure what all these major problems are that you are having with the car, mine is box stock apart from:

£1 worth of drive pins
Option springs
Drilled pistons

And I have found it to be a very strong and reliable car.

Perhaps some of you guys need to learn how to build a car for the abuse we give them these days on the track with the power we have. There is more than one way to build to the manual No matter how much you spend on a kit, if it is thrown together it will not be reliable

G