Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team C Racing

Old 31-08-2014

Default Honest opinion..

Looking to get a new wheeler and I run Ae B5m/B5 today. Those cars have amazing quality and durability. Been looking at both HB D413 and TM4 cuz both have center diffs (optional on tm4). The b44.3 was a disappointment for me and Hb has not the parts support I want. Xray cars may be nice and all but the are boring.

Have never seen one (TM4) in real life so my questions are. Hows the quality of the plastic and do it hold up well? I would be happy to now from people who have owed different brands and can compare.

Tell me like it is please

Thanks in advance.
Alex
Old 31-08-2014

Can't give an opinion as I don't own a TM4 but wonder where on earth you live if you have never seen a TM!!!!?
Old 31-08-2014
Mad Member

The TM4 is a very good,strong car.

It goes very well around the track and takes the bumps etc., with ease. My son, James, reckons its very much like driving a Durango 410, only much more forgiving - it certainly looks good going around the track.

Now the car has the updated machined gears in it, the drivetrain is pretty much bombproof, perhaps the only issue is the centre rear driveshaft which can wear prematurely, but I am told a steel version is now available that fixes any of those issues, making the drivetrain bombproof.
Old 31-08-2014

Default TM4

I've owned an Kyosho ZX5 and an Xray XB4 and now have a TM4. The Kyosho was getting tired and I didn't want to wait for the Zx6 and now it's out don't like the fact Gear diffs add £100 to the price of the kit. The Xray was a great car which I liked but it made me a little bit lazy as a driver.
The TM4 is by far the best car I've owned to date. I admit when I got it the plastics looked like they would break easily but they really don't. I have had some big crashes (one today into a stationary car who crashed on the straight and didn't warn anyone, I hit it full bore and didn't even scratch any plastic but the other car exploded into lots of pieces).
I find the TM4 quite easy to drive and really makes me drive more aggressively.
I would recommend you give it a go as you don't see many people selling them so they must like them.
Old 31-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Loynes View Post
Can't give an opinion as I don't own a TM4 but wonder where on earth you live if you have never seen a TM!!!!?
Ha ha, have not been to the big races this year and Xray/schumacher rule where I live. Some Ae and K.

That is good to hear Burgie. Thsnks for your input. Swedish importer are awaiting a delivery so I guess it will be from the updated batch.