Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Tamiya

Old 09-03-2010
LeeOtard

Default New additions to TRF UK!

Hi all,

Just to let you all know that we have added some things to TRFRacing.co.uk...

We have now had our Logo created and you can see it in all its glory! expect some nice Decals and clothing very soon!!!!

Also we have completed a review on the Ghost Rc Ceramic diff balls, which can be found here:

http://www.trfracing.co.uk/page_1267195310314.html

TRF Racing is also delighted to confirm that you can purchase Xenon part boxes straight from us direct! and can be seen and purchased here:

http://www.trfracing.co.uk/page_1264087070159.html

Also available trackside!

Thanks all

Lee
TRF Racing
Old 09-03-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

nice balls mate!!
i've found the xenon boxes really handy too, first time ever in rc i have got organised
Old 09-03-2010

I personally would prefer a slightly smaller font on the tips, reviews and such articles... would make them a lot more readable. And also shorter rows of text so that the page wouldn't always span all the way across the browser...

Otherwise than that a great source for information that will hopefully grow even more
Old 09-03-2010
LeeOtard

The site template i use is strange....it fits my screen perfecto. but i think it changes with other screens...so its difficult for me to be able to tell how 'big' everything is.....

sorry
Old 09-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge View Post
The site template i use is strange....it fits my screen perfecto. but i think it changes with other screens...so its difficult for me to be able to tell how 'big' everything is.....

sorry
I think similar font size as for example this forum has would be a bit more readable (see attachment for comparison).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg font.jpg (21.7 KB, 48 views)
Old 09-03-2010

A nice bit of CSS will sort it out nicely

Those diff balls look good, might have to see if they do a set for the cr diff, dont think they'll go to well in the durango
Old 09-03-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Hi all,

Just to let you all know that we have added some things to TRFRacing.co.uk...
When you adding info on a new 2WD to the website Lee.
Old 09-03-2010

You guys seriously reviewed some diff balls? Pretty silly...
Old 09-03-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via Skype™ to simoncrabb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94eg! View Post
Silly!? Decent diff balls are kinda essential...
Old 09-03-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
How do you work that out?

Someone else takes there time and money to try something on their car to give you the info you require for you're vehicle!!!!!!!!!!.

shit hot in my opinion, keep up the good work.
Old 09-03-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

maybe he runs a spool front and back lol

my diffs are well overdue a rebuild so I'll give them a try. mainly cos they're actually cheaper than the AE std ones lol
Old 09-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePimlott View Post
How do you work that out?

Someone else takes there time and money to try something on their car to give you the info you require for you're vehicle!!!!!!!!!!.

shit hot in my opinion, keep up the good work.
Yes... Definitely a "shit hot" load of essential information in that review that's required to make the next parts purchase. lol! Even more amusing when you consider Tamiya/TRF actually sells ceramic diff balls. You would think they would be more interested in reviewing those...

And since nobody paid anything in this situation, and they were asked to do the review, that makes it a commercial. Especially considering it's lacking a counter point.

[sarcasm] But keep up the good work!!! [/sarcasm] Whatev'...
Old 10-03-2010

Do you ever have anything positive to say?

It doesnt need to have a counter point by way of comparison to another brand of diff ball, its a review, not a diff ball shoot out or comparison, its made clear by the writer that the balls were sent to him free of charge, so theres no lack of disclosure regarding that and he simply stated that the balls gave the diff a smooth feel and the diff did not require much adjustment over a days worth of racing, which is helpful to know as far as settling in periods go, for me after reading it, it meant that when i come to replace my diff balls, i know that those ones are ok to use, i'd assume the tamiya ones are also good, but if theres a major disparity in price, it would mean i can buy the Ghost rc ones without fear of doing my dosh, if prices are close, i would probably still go tamiya
Old 10-03-2010

Sorry to sound like a jerk. To make my point in a nicer way, I'll say this:

It's the steel diff ring that wears in and not ceramic balls. Ceramic is so much harder than steel that there is no chance for them to wear in. I've been using the same set of 9 ceramic balls in my parking lot racer 415 (exposed diffs) for over 2 years (no idea how long they were used before that). Every time I rebuild the diffs (replace and/or sand the rings), the diffs are as smooth as can be.

Other than being the correct size (which there is no way to confirm), and the correct tolerance (which there is no way to confirm), there is really nothing more to say about a ceramic ball. The writeup simply boils down to one fact: Ghost RC sells Ceramic diff balls.

BTW: There are cons to everything. In case of ceramic balls, it's usually the price point. They are not always for everyone.
Old 10-03-2010

One thing is for sure thoug. Anyone driving a Tamiya 511 has got bigger balls than other drivers. A good thing (3mm)

Like the Logo!!!
Old 10-03-2010

Quote:
Sorry to sound like a jerk. To make my point in a nicer way, I'll say this:

It's the steel diff ring that wears in and not ceramic balls. Ceramic is so much harder than steel that there is no chance for them to wear in. I've been using the same set of 9 ceramic balls in my parking lot racer 415 (exposed diffs) for over 2 years (no idea how long they were used before that). Every time I rebuild the diffs (replace and/or sand the rings), the diffs are as smooth as can be.

Other than being the correct size (which there is no way to confirm), and the correct tolerance (which there is no way to confirm), there is really nothing more to say about a ceramic ball. The writeup simply boils down to one fact: Ghost RC sells Ceramic diff balls.

BTW: There are cons to everything. In case of ceramic balls, it's usually the price point. They are not always for everyone.

Would you be happier, if the review did NOT state what manufacturers balls they were, if it only said "Ceramic Diff Ball Review"? Or would you be happier, if they did not review the effect of ceramic diff balls at all?
Old 10-03-2010
LeeOtard

EG94.........

Im doing reviews to give people an idea of what can be bought to upgrade their standard Tamiya cars. Its a helping hand as peopel have to part with cash and i want to reassure them that they are worth them spending their hard earned cash on. If the product was rubbish i would also say so.

Ghost Rc were kind enough to provide the Balls for a review and this has to be a praise to them as they are willing to push the Tamiya car this year in the UK and try to make things commercially available, without having to go to HK websites to order parts.

i personally think this is great for everyone here that wants to use the 511 car this year. Im also here to help people with set ups and tips i find along the way. If you choose to use this information or not, im sure some people will and the proof of performance is in the pudding. The cars winning!

For someone that seems like a Tamiya guy, you seem to try to put a downer on everything. Why is this? are you jealous that other people are now using tamiya cars and you dont feel special anymore?

I personally have no idea, but people like you piss me off.

done.
Old 10-03-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Don't forget, Martin, those diffs are the same as on the current crop of Tamiya on-road belt drive cars, so they can also be used there.

What would be great to see, is a list of Shims and part numbers, as they are a total mare to find a part number for, let alone buy.

Otherwise, good to finally see the Tamiya brand being taken seriously... might even snap some shots of my Tamiya cars..
Old 10-03-2010

Quote:
EG94.........

...are you jealous that other people are now using tamiya cars and you dont feel special anymore?
I AM still special!

BTW: Tamiya has been using 3mm diff balls since the days of the Rothmans 959 and Avante. What's all this talk about bigger balls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
What would be great to see, is a list of Shims and part numbers, as they are a total mare to find a part number for, let alone buy...
What shims are you looking for? Type "Tamiya shim" into ebay and you'll get all their assorted packs of shims in various inner diameters. Each set includes 10 pieces each of 3 thicknesses.
Old 10-03-2010

Send a message via AIM to AaronR

Can't wait to see the balls at Cactus... uh oh.