Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > BRCA 1/10th OFF ROAD - 2011

Old 25-01-2011

Default BRCA Basics

Hi Guys n Girls
Right I’m thinking of entering myself into the BRCA this year but I have never done one before, so can you guys put together for all us newbie’s a small guide of how the meeting will pan out and what we should be looking out for, from how practice is run all the way to the grading.

I think this will be a valued guide for everyone not just me,

Many thansk
Old 25-01-2011
oOple Advertiser

I've done years of BRCA touring nationals, 12th scale nationals, even a couple of 1/8th nats over the years but i'm going down the regionals route this year to get my formula built up a bit (hopefully!) I've been told it can be hard to even get an entry to a national without any previous "experience"
then next year may go for the nationals......
Old 25-01-2011

Thats very true, i also have done a number of national with the TC, i also did a BRCA one off with a 8th in 2008.. but if you dont send off the entry how do you know?
Old 25-01-2011

I did Nationals for the first time last year, and loved it
I was on the reserve list for all rounds but i managed to get into them all.
Priority does go to people who enter 4 rounds or more of the series and you will need to pay the entry fees up front in full. I started the year as an F5 and now im an F3 and it was my first year doing off road let alone Nationals lol

As for the actual layout of the day, it is a lot more tightly run than i imagined but it works. First thing in the morning starts with a drivers briefing, things to expect through the day, rules, time that you can start generators (if close to housing estates) etc...
First thing in the morning you will have 2 timed practice's in heat order (i think it's 2 anyway), then straight into round 1. It's your best 2 rounds of qualifying that determine your final and position.

That's the basics really, anything else that you need to know regarding the general rules and more in-depth info can all be found on the BRCA website

Don't know if this is any help lol

shaun.

Old 25-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun 'TheSheep' Atkinson View Post
I did Nationals for the first time last year, and loved it
I was on the reserve list for all rounds but i managed to get into them all.
Priority does go to people who enter 4 rounds or more of the series and you will need to pay the entry fees up front in full. I started the year as an F5 and now im an F3 and it was my first year doing off road let alone Nationals lol

As for the actual layout of the day, it is a lot more tightly run than i imagined but it works. First thing in the morning starts with a drivers briefing, things to expect through the day, rules, time that you can start generators (if close to housing estates) etc...
First thing in the morning you will have 2 timed practice's in heat order (i think it's 2 anyway), then straight into round 1. It's your best 2 rounds of qualifying that determine your final and position.

That's the basics really, anything else that you need to know regarding the general rules and more in-depth info can all be found on the BRCA website

Don't know if this is any help lol

shaun.

Many thanks for that, I will be sending of the entry form for 5 round this weekend, i will also be booking into all round of the BRCA Mid-East, but my 1st test is going to be the off-road wars.. should be a very intresting year.
Old 26-01-2011
oOple Advertiser

We'll have to compare our "old timers" results at the regionals then mate, just waiting for the entry form to come on line. Was told the other day they are not usually over subscribed so should be no problem getting in

Hope you get in to the nationals ok
Old 26-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by john333 View Post
We'll have to compare our "old timers" results at the regionals then mate, just waiting for the entry form to come on line. Was told the other day they are not usually over subscribed so should be no problem getting in

Hope you get in to the nationals ok
rememeber my old time, i find it hard to remember what i had for T yesterday, lol,

so are you also doing the Mid-East regionals?? and have you found a local club or still on the hunt? my lipos arrived yeaterday so i need to hit the track now,
Old 26-01-2011

Send a message via MSN to Nick Send a message via Skype™ to Nick

living in lincoln you should try doing some of the worksop indoor meetings! there is one on this Sunday
Old 26-01-2011

i have PM Mussy but with now joy regarding this sunday so dont know if ther is room for one more,
Old 26-01-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

You could turn up with your stuff and hope that not everyone turns up. From experience, you'd be unlucky if you didn't get an entry but of course it's not guaranteed!

Nick - Crack on and get some work done

See My Feedback

Old 26-01-2011

Send a message via MSN to Nick Send a message via Skype™ to Nick

This is working lol
Old 26-01-2011
oOple Advertiser

Mansfield is starting up again early march on wednesday nights, so that will be my club racing sorted.
yeah I'm doing the regionals with the possible exception of Holbeach....all the rest are within 20 miles of my house.