Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Mardave

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch!3f View Post
arnt you contradicting yourself?read what you have just said!
How is it contradictory? because ive looked at the net to see what shell Daz was running?

Daz, if its all in the thumbs mate, then stop worrying your head about my shiny bits lol

In all seriousness, i can see both sides to this situation with regards to Mr mardave v gixxer. Maybe its best left for them both to decide how to tackle the situation.

schumacher procat x Two, one bosscat, one rc10 gold pan, two optima mids, one cougar/club10
Old 02-03-2011

If Mr Mardave brings out an alloy version, does that mean Mr Gixxer could counter sue

Mardavealloydiffpartgate could drag on for Ever
Old 02-03-2011

this should answer all the questions.....

http://www.jisclegal.ac.uk/Portals/1...sentials_2.pdf

I love google, what ever did we do before google, there's loads of info out there on this topic so before discussing it get genned up this pdf should give it a clearer outline.
Old 02-03-2011

Quote:
i know hes making copies of his parts and it doenst matter how old the designs are if they have copyright or what ever it is he will be able to prosecute him for it,it doent matter if they are slightly difference in appearance everything else is the same.
I’m not jumping into this (really, I’m not!) but I only asked about how long the parts have been in production because I have been on the other end of this in the past, and it turned out that due to designs only being protected for five years (unless patented) that I couldn’t do a thing about my product being copied. Moreover, if that item happens to be a spare part then the UK law actively prohibits me as an innovator and manufacturer (who has sunk a LOT more money up front into R&D!) from preventing another company from making a “compatible” item! The law is an ass, and never as straightforward as one would assume. Or maybe I just couldn’t afford the decent lawyers...
Old 02-03-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bald eagle View Post
How is it contradictory? because ive looked at the net to see what shell Daz was running?

Daz, if its all in the thumbs mate, then stop worrying your head about my shiny bits lol

In all seriousness, i can see both sides to this situation with regards to Mr mardave v gixxer. Maybe its best left for them both to decide how to tackle the situation.
thought id clicked the quote button was ment to quote gazza on bout the battery trays
Old 02-03-2011
Mardaveuk

Hi All
Lets get back to the real reason for all this .
Mr Gixxer could have contacted me and all this would have been avoided but as people have said copy's or no copy's its called Passing Off in legal terms. So i can'r say much more as this is now over to our sollicitors.
But Gixxer we still need a chat.
Chris
Old 02-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyghost View Post
this should answer all the questions.....

http://www.jisclegal.ac.uk/Portals/1...sentials_2.pdf

I love google, what ever did we do before google, there's loads of info out there on this topic so before discussing it get genned up this pdf should give it a clearer outline.
That document relates mostly to IP matters like music, television programmes, movies and litterature.

What's relevant here is design rights : http://www.copyrightservice.co.uk/pr..._design_rights

http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg...type=RESOURCES

It's a very muddy area and very hard to prove an original design, especially when there are similar items out there allready. For example there are other rc cars out there already with triangular shaped wishbones, so nothing new there. Also the diff hub has been around since Cecil Schumacher's days and plenty older cars used them like the rc10L so it's not an original design. Also making parts that are compatible with other manufacturers designs is perfectly acceptable, even if components have to be exact copies. See : http://www.ipo.gov.uk/types/design/d...ht-qualify.htm

Quote :

Quote:
Are there any exceptions to design right?

Yes. Design features enabling one product to be functionally fitted or aesthetically matched to another get no protection. These so-called 'must-fit’ and 'must-match’ exceptions are there so that competing designs for spare parts cannot be kept out of the market.
Competitors cannot be stopped from copying any features of a protected design that enables their own design to be connected to or matched with existing equipment designed by someone else. However, competitors will infringe design right if they copy features of a protected design where there is no need to do so.
I'm not saying Chris doesn't have a point and shouldn't be a bit miffed about other people making parts for his cars, that's understandable, but getting heavy is pointless and besides for sanctioned events and most club events, everybody has to use Mardave parts, so i doubt a few alloy parts are going to damage business much.
Old 02-03-2011

In addition to my previous comment, I would also add that if people just got on the phone and spoke to each other then there would be far fewer lawyers overtaking me in their Porsches on the M40... Just sayin’
Old 02-03-2011

The main point here is that you can make your own version of anything for your own personal use,without stepping on anyones toes. Where you run into copyright problems,is when you then produce more of the same for sale to others.The only time that you can get away with that though is if you are producing the parts under licence from the copyright holder.
Old 02-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjjordan View Post
maybe make the base where it meets the chassis flare out a little so larger diameter then it would have more chance of sitting square or not being pulled into the thin alloy where the screws been countersunk.
Matt, hello hows stuff?, Lee Bishop makes a rear pin with a flange on the bottom
Old 02-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardaveuk View Post
Hi All
Lets get back to the real reason for all this .
Mr Gixxer could have contacted me and all this would have been avoided but as people have said copy's or no copy's its called Passing Off in legal terms. So i can'r say much more as this is now over to our sollicitors.
But Gixxer we still need a chat.
Chris

Says it all realy. . . . Gixxer call the guy problem solved
Old 02-03-2011
Mardaveuk

Asked a number of times still no reply.

Chris
Old 03-03-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardaveuk View Post
Asked a number of times still no reply.

Chris
prob because hes crapping his pants as he knows hes guna get f**ked!
Old 03-03-2011

My god this has got a bit heavy!! Mr mardave has been contacted and can ring me all this over a couple lumps of metal!! Oh yeah and as said earlier on in these posts the chap sellin rear pods and arms better be gettin the same treatment as me!

Happy shit this rc racing think ill pack it in before I start again, oh yeah I even had the cheak to buy a mardave!
Old 03-03-2011

Quote:
prob because hes crapping his pants as he knows hes guna get f**ked!
yeah i am nob head!!
Old 03-03-2011

ive noticed alot of you have an opinion then pm me wanting to buy the parts in question???????????? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 03-03-2011

Send a message via ICQ to truggy lover

lol gixxer post up a list lol would be interesting
Old 03-03-2011
Mardaveuk

gixxer
i have tried many times but without a number its impossible
As for all this shit all i have asked from you is to call me to discuss
i await reply
Old 03-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer View Post
Happy shit this rc racing think ill pack it in before I start again, oh yeah I even had the cheak to buy a mardave!
Works on the same princable of Video / DVD pirate also remember the BBC and people not havein a TV Licence. . .
Its called stealing

What if some one copied stuff where you work and sold them and put you out of work you possable would not like that would you

as for " Happy shit this racing " it is happy its you thats in the wrong why cant you see your a

VIDEO PIRATE
Old 03-03-2011

So it seems the squeeky clean mardave man is upto things that arnt to different buying parts in and baggin em up as ur own to flog on?? Did ya get permission for that?? I don't think so oh yeah what's it like being perfect gazza? Get a life!
Closed Thread