edit your post to remove the text & link etc
CFR RCTV Channel
Glenn Atterton

BRCA 2005 1/10th Off-Road Veterans Champion
LMP12 National Champion 2003/2004 / F3 class
Old 10-05-2012

2012 SOUTHWEST MARDAVE RACING SERIES CONSTRUCTION RULES

CHASSIS AND COMPONENTS
• Cars to be standard 1/12th scale Mardave V12 or Caterham series chassis and suspension. All parts must be mardave made. The car chassis plate may be drilled to improve weight distribution providing no sharp edges are left. Composite Mardave chassis allowed.
• Ball races allowed on rear axle. Rear axle and spur gear must mardave. Diffs are allowed.
• Car suspension and wheel carriers must be mardave.
• The use of countersink screws on the underside of the chassis is recommended but not mandatory.
• Chassis top mounting may be changed, altered or removed.
• The motor may be fitted to either side of the chassis, providing that there is no modification or alteration to the chassis or mounting blocks.
• No external bumpers are permitted, although internal foam bumpers are recommended on the front.

BODYSHELL
• Any commercially available Mardave or Kamtec, ABS or Lexan body shells may be used. The shell must remain securely fixed to the car throughout the race. Windows may be cut out on ABS shells. NO PAN CAR SHEELS ALLOWED.
• No supplementary aerofoil or fins shall be fitted to the body with the exception of a rear wing if desirable. This wing must be non metallic, commercially available and securely fixed.
• The body shell can be decorated to suit the individuals taste providing all coatings are of a permanent nature.

ELECTRICS
• Any make of servo, servo saver or track rod ends may be used on the cars steering system.

BRUSHLESS 13.5 / 1s Lipo Only forward & reverse Brushless ESC’s with NO TURBO or BOOST or ‘on the fly’ timing advance unless from the following list :-ESC’s with BLINKY mode activated will be allowed (we will also be checking these fully on the day) Full list on BRCA website.
Fusion: - Exceed (Sport, Race, Pro)
Castle Creations: - Mamba Max Pro.LRP :- A.I Brushless Reverse, Ai Brushless Pro Reverse, SPX Brushless Reverse, SPX Brushless Bullet Reverse.
Nosram : - Evil Reverse, Evil Power Reverse, Matrix Brushless Reverse, Matrix Power
Brushless Reverse Novak : - GTB (GTB 4 Cell, GTB, GTB Spectrum) GTB2, Havoc 1 Cell,
Havoc Sport Tekin :- R1(sensor less)
Other suitable ESC’s may be added from time to time.
NOTE: - Please make your own checks on compatibility with regards 1s lipo use. A voltage booster may be required in most cases.
Cars to use 1s Lipo 3.7 volt batteries or 3cell Nimh 3.6 volt
Brushless motors to have a minimum of 13.5 turns and a maximum UK r.r.p. of £65.00. Below is a list of approved motors. Others may be added as they become available. Full list on BRCA website.
Fusion Exceed £64.99
LRP Eraser £42.99
LRP Vector K4 £56.99 (New Range)
Losi Xcelorin £59.99 (One large mail order shop is not stocking as discontinued)
Hpi Flux Pro £64.98
Hobbywing £54.95
Team Powers Superlite £34.99
Team Powers plutonium £54.99
Hacker E40 £64.99
Speed Passion Sportsman 2.0 £44.99
Team Powers plutonium £54.99
STANDARD BRUSHED
Any type, make and capacity of speed controller may be used providing it includes reverse. (MAX UK r.r.p. £69.99)
Cars to use four cells only, cells to be sub-C sized cells only, with a nominal voltage of 1.2 volts per cell, cells to be NiCadand Nimh only. Battery mountings may be changed from the original.
Brushed Motors will be the Mardave G2 (2010) unit and the Saturn 20T. No other motors are allowed.
Under no circumstances are fan motors, re-buildable motors, fitting of external bearings or skimming of motor
commutators allowed.

TYRES
• The tyres may be changed from the original kit tyres Mardave or contact to be used.
• Tyres to be Min 20mm, Max 26mm width and have a Max 60mm diameter. No minimum diameter for tyres, but Minimum car ride height will be no lower than 3mm, (1mm at the spur gear) and the tyre must cover the wheel.

GENERAL SETUP
• Tyre additive may be used providing it is non toxic, odourless and any excess is removed from the surface of the tyres and tyres to be ‘Touch Dry’ prior to the start of the race.
• Varying types of springs and methods of limiting suspension travel may be used.
Minimum car weight is 850g Including transponder, if using 1 cell lipo weights must be added to bring the car up to weight of 850g.

●SCHUMACHER The same as above i.e. motors, esc, body shells, build and tyres.
Old 10-05-2012
Mad Member

Good work, Jason!

Just a note... We believe that the Fusion Exceed speedo does not have a blinky mode, has an adjustable static boost and is set at 10 degrees static boost from the factory. You might want to confirm what Logic RC have told us, and then make your own minds up. Logic RC and Fusion are keen to make a non-boost, NTOTF speedo that can go on the BRCA list, and we are going to help them with that. For the time being we will not be allowing it at BRCA Nationals. Hope that information is useful to you.

I hope the club enjoy the class, and maybe some of them will think about entering a National when the venues are announced. We usually visit Plymouth so perhaps the guys and girls would keep an eye on our BRCA page for details. BRCA weight limit is 950g, but apart from that (and the Fusion speedo!) their cars are good to go!
Old 10-05-2012

thanx for your info i just saw on another website that it was 850g but ill change it cheers again

jase
Old 11-05-2012

Default Fusion

Hi Jason
The Fusion Exceed is a really good combo and although is no longer legal for the GT12 series it has no performance advantage over the "legal" ones so is fine for other championships and club racing. IMHO
Old 27-06-2012
Mad Member

Ladies and Gents, please see Mark's post here on GT12 Rules. Thanks.

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...105#post669105
Old 29-06-2012

I may be being stupid (I often am) but is 2s/21.5 allowed? If yes are they running with the 1s/13.5? Also what is the preferred combo? I don't want to go and buy a speedo and motor to find out its not going to be the right one. Cheers Aaron
Old 29-06-2012
Mad Member

It depends on what you mean by "allowed".

If you are racing in the national series that supports the 1/12th scale nationals, then that is 1S 13.5 only.

If you are racing in any other race series, it is up to the organisers to decide whether they have a 2S class or not.

If you want to run 2S 21.5 at your local club, that is down to your local club and racers to decide if it is allowed.

The BRCA rules include an appendix with a rule for 21.5T motors, so the option is there for those who want to run a 2S class at their local club, but it isn't part of the national championship.
Old 29-06-2012

Yes sorry I meant for brca 12th meetings. Also to run brca does it have to have reverse? Cheers.
Old 29-06-2012
Mad Member

Thanks Terry for the simple explanation - my post would have been a bit longer!

Aaron, you may run reverse or not as you see fit. At a National meeting, if you reverse out into the traffic then expect a referee to show you the area marked 'Stop/Go penalty'!!

The perennial problem with running 1S and 2S in the same 'race' is that there is no equivalence between the two... at all. The lists Terry refers to are those motors we know have zero timing so likely to be more equal when all raced together in a 2S heat only. HTH
Old 08-09-2012

Can someone point me in the direction of the gt12 motor list? I thought there was a price limit? can anyone confirm the thunder power 13.5 is legal?
Old 08-09-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

is only the brca list no price limit other than the brca eb

http://www.brca.org/index.php?q=cont...-updates/14218
Old 08-09-2012
Mad Member

The price limit on Spec brushless motors for use in BRCA competition is £90 - EB Rule 2.1. To race in the GT12 Nationals you must have a motor that is on the EB homologation list - link in Mark's post above - for 13.5, or a G2 brushed motor that is marked as such.
The Thunder Power Z3R-S Part # TPM-540A135 is on the list, but no other model of Thunder Power motor. HTH
Old 10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chequered Flag Racing View Post
you'll find this user has been reported and banned/blocked

edit your post to remove the text & link etc

I did not post that ( nor would I consider posting comments like that )think some one is messing with my oople account sorry to all time for a password change me thinks
JQ THE E CAR (on order)
futaba 3vcs