Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > I Made This !

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2013
Mad Member

Default DEX210 Screw-Type Wing Mounts (+Other Parts)

I decided my DEX210 is a keeper - It is cheap and performance is decent... but there are plenty of things I would do differently on the car - so why not actually change them?

First of all, the wing mounts. Body clip systems for wings are far from ideal imo: Bad fit (often has too much play) and every now and then you see a car with a half-attached wing because a clip flew off. I've made a design that is 100% compatible with the DEX210 wing mounts:

I had some issues with the first one that arrived - one measurement was 0.5mm off (the one of the bottom mounting holes), so I couldn't get the top and bottom screws in the holes at the same time.

Now it's solved, I've got some pictures:

Good news: The wing mount fits perfectly this time! It's a nice, rigid piece too! The wing is tightly clamped on the car, it feels much better than the sloppy, wobbly unit that's in the kit. It's also supported slightly further back and over a larger area than with the stock unit, and the top cap (which is already painted black) is really convenient - it's easier to hold and harder to lose now the two sides are connected as one piece.

You may also note the small sidepod bodymounts I have made. The sidepods are just a bit low for velcro, and the body is so tight the wiring on mine lifts up the sidepods a bit... But not anymore! It can be used instead of the center rear clip, in combination with it, or just the center rear clip, in which case the body posts prevent the body from lifting up at the sides.

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy