Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > BRCA 1/10th OFF ROAD - 2012

Old 20-01-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I have no information but reading the club guys responses to this thread suggests;

1) camping will be available in some capacity
2) they don't quite have all the details available to give a definitive answer right now
3) they will have details by the time they need to be included in the information packs sent to successful applicants

reading other responses ...

1) some people aren't quite aware how venues are selectred for nationals and thus what requirements they have to meet (i.e. no club that was not capable of putting on a national event to the required standard would be asked to do so).
2) those people haven't checked these requirements with the BRCA

This will be fine guys. I'm in no way connected to the club (over 85 miles away) but have been to several meetings they have put on and please take my assurances that these guys know how to put on a great race meeting.
Old 20-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeTony View Post
What formula are you Thomas and have you applied for Nationals already?
I'm f3. I'm waiting to see if I can camp 1st before booking why do you ask??
Old 20-01-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Wraggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captinlip. View Post
wouldnt surprise me if its fully booked already based on previous years
Old 20-01-2012
Mad Member

Default Accomadation

Dorms: We have now sorted special price with the college of £30 per person/night (no breakfast) These are on site so no driving needed, pubs and student bar within 2 min walking distance. 60 rooms available (going fast)

Hotels: Use the following postcode NN3 7QL, you want hotels and b&b's near by. Kettering and Wellingborough are both around 10 miles from venue. Again these are being booked fast for Super bike GP.

Caravan and Camping: This is to be confirmed, there WILL be something sorted. Clubs have untill the National entries are confirmed to sort issues that may arise. We as a club will not accept any Camping bookings untill everyone who is entered receives confirmation that they are in, this is only fair to those who do not come on here.

Pitting: All pitting will be inside the venue and power will be supplied, you will need table and chairs, extension leads.

I will have some details of venue etc all printed up very soon and will get Jimmy to post at the start of this thread.
Old 20-01-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenner View Post
Dorms: We have now sorted special price with the college of £30 per night (no breakfast) These are on site so no driving needed, pubs and student bar within 2 min walking distance. 60 rooms available (going fast)

Hotels: Use the following postcode NN3 7QL, you want hotels and b&b's near by. Kettering and Wellingborough are both around 10 miles from venue. Again these are being booked fast for Super bike GP.

Caravan and Camping: This is to be confirmed, there WILL be something sorted. Clubs have untill the National entries are confirmed to sort issues that may arise. We as a club will not accept any Camping bookings untill everyone who is entered receives confirmation that they are in, this is only fair to those who do not come on here.

Pitting: All pitting will be inside the venue and power will be supplied, you will need table and chairs, extension leads.

I will have some details of venue etc all printed up very soon and will get Jimmy to post at the start of this thread.
John,

Just for clarification, your post comes across that you can book into a dorm now, and the are going fast. But you can’t book any camping until the club receives conformation who’s in. If book a room and don't get in will the club supply a refund, or it is it first come 1st served out of those people who get in?

Also is it £30 per person, per night, and can you book a dorm for just the Saturday night?
Old 20-01-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattybucks View Post
John,

Just for clarification, your post comes across that you can book into a dorm now and there going fast, but you can’t book any camping until the club receives conformation who’s in.

Just to clarify...

Dorm - Like a hotel, bed etc...

Hotel - Exactly what it is...

Camping - Caravans and tents

I understand people may read it that way but honestly, this is why it is best for people to make sure they gain entry before booking!! I can tell you that the Nationals have received more than 70 entries already... it is going to be maxed out.
Old 20-01-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Just to clarify...

Dorm - Like a hotel, bed etc...

Hotel - Exactly what it is...

Camping - Caravans and tents

I understand people may read it that way but honestly, this is why it is best for people to make sure they gain entry before booking!! I can tell you that the Nationals have received more than 70 entries already... it is going to be maxed out.

Cool, Can you book me a dorm for the Saturday them please mate. If I don't get in I'll come over to watch, put a shop on, and have a few drinks in the evening.

I'm sure it'll be aawesome.
Old 20-01-2012
Mad Member

No problem Matt...

Just so i have it in black and white and you can stick in my face if not down. Send email to tufc2003@hotmail.com rooms, nights etc.

If anyone else wants to book a room then email: tufc2003@hotmail.com
Old 20-01-2012
Mad Member

email sent, dorm booked, looking forward to it already.
Old 20-01-2012

Quote:
nationals are done in formula order and also in the amount you intend to do, so you need to do 4 out of 6, those entering less than 4 irrespective of their grade go to the end of the list, of those doing more than 3 and therefor scoring they are selected in the following order f1's (around 40), national f2's (around 25), regional f2's(no idea how many) then f3's,f4's and finally f5's, assuming all the top formula people enter half the national places have gone, leaving around 60 places for the regional people. if you assume that by the time the list gets to the f3's there is 10 places left, then those places are given to the f3 who's entry arrived first, it is highly likely if you wait to long before sending your entry you wont get in.
Old 20-01-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

There is something very unfair happening here. You can book a dorm room now but you can't book for camping, as you say it's not fair to people that don't go on here. Well what about the people that don't go on here and may want a room?
I would have thought both options, a dorm room and camping, would have to wait to see who had gained entry, here is what you said,
"We as a club will not accept any Camping bookings untill everyone who is entered receives confirmation that they are in, this is only fair to those who do not come on here. "
Like I said so what about the people that don't come on here that might have wanted a dorm room?
Old 20-01-2012

can i book a camping place i am definately in
Old 20-01-2012
Banned

as im an f2 and deffinately will be there i wish to book a camping spot also,

thanks in advance

trekkker
Old 20-01-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Wraggy

politics !! love it ..
Old 20-01-2012

Ok so I am confused as well, you can't tell me if I can camp, but I can book a dorm room now without proof of National entry?
So I wait till I get confirmation of entry, all dorm rooms are booked, hotel prices through the roof, what happens if you say there is NO camping???
Old 20-01-2012

Quote:
Ok so I am confused
Really, or just bored and got the old wooden spoon out before an official answer as usual!?!?
Old 20-01-2012
Thieving scumbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckie stella View Post
Really, or just bored and got the old wooden spoon out before an official answer as usual!?!?
to be fair right here and for once it seems a valid question from captinlip if i didnt live like 20mins away i would be asking the same
Old 20-01-2012
Mad Member

I must be missing something....

Some people have booked hotel rooms already, no one has said the is NO camping.

There are 60 rooms available on site...

Let me ask one question???

If we didn't have this forum would this discussion be taking place ?

So...

If you wish to book a dorm room then email above address, if you wish to camp/caravan you will need to wait for entry confirmations.
Old 20-01-2012
Mad Member

Whats the Nationals about anyway? Can anybody join in? Ive got a tent!?
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 20-01-2012

Quote:
I must be missing something....

Some people have booked hotel rooms already, no one has said the is NO camping.

There are 60 rooms available on site...

Let me ask one question???

If we didn't have this forum would this discussion be taking place ?

So...

If you wish to book a dorm room then email above address, if you wish to camp/caravan you will need to wait for entry confirmations.

You have also not said there is camping!!!

As I said before, I need to know if there is camping before I enter for the nationals! There is no way I can afford to put my family in a dorm or hotel, camping is the only way. Is that clear enough???