Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Batley Buggy Club

Old 21-08-2012

Default classes raced?

i have been away for over 15 years from rc racing and i am hoping to make a comeback.what classes of car are raced?.when i raced it was either 2wd or 4wd.are there now different classes for scale, trucks etc?.thanks
Old 21-08-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

At Batley we race 2wd and 4wd 1/10th. There is an under 13 class as well that race mostly 2wd.
On any given race day, 2wd is generally most popular, and great to start back with.

Short course trucks would be nice, but no one brings them. I guess if we all brought them, Dianne would run a race?
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 21-08-2012
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
Short course trucks would be nice, but no one brings them. I guess if we all brought them, Dianne would run a race?
God I hope not

(Actually we probably would )
Old 21-08-2012

Haha at least we wouldn't need marshals just use the SC drivers to bump the cars over
Old 21-08-2012

thanks guys,is 1/10th the biggest scale allowed?.got a losi mini8 1/14 i was hoping to race,i know it wont win but just want to enjoy myself
Old 23-08-2012

Nobody!!!!!.
Old 23-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie2 View Post
is 1/10th the biggest scale allowed?.got a losi mini8 1/14 i was hoping to race
Batley is a 1/10th buggy club, the track isnt really overly suitable for the 14th scale cars.

Thanks to Gray @ 01 and Alex @ Moss Models for being a pair of legends and supporting their local clubs!

Trader Feedback
Old 24-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC199 View Post
Batley is a 1/10th buggy club, the track isnt really overly suitable for the 14th scale cars.
Ok then.i have run the car around 1/8th and 1/5th scale tracks without any bother.granted cant keep up with 99% of them but i have fun.well i will take my money and car and race elsewhere.thanks

Last edited by charlie2; 24-08-2012 at 10:13 AM. Reason: spelling!
Old 24-08-2012
Admin

Ok, I don't recall anyone ever being turned away. We are a friendly club and I'm sure there would be no issue with running a mini8 at one of our meetings.

I do see the point though that the track is designed for 1/10th cars and you may struggle with a smaller vehicle.

Hope that helps
Old 24-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
Ok, I don't recall anyone ever being turned away. We are a friendly club and I'm sure there would be no issue with running a mini8 at one of our meetings.

I do see the point though that the track is designed for 1/10th cars and you may struggle with a smaller vehicle.

Hope that helps
hi,thanks for that oscar.yes i understand it isnt ideal against 1/10th cars but i just want to race it locally and have some fun,surely thats what this hobby is all about?.is there any videos or pics of batleys track anywere?.
Old 25-08-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Danny took his mini 8ight and practised with me round batley track, it was fine down straight and most of the astro, short grass is fine, but some of the bigger jumps were a bit too big for how it was setup (carpet racing). Altering damping and pack would have dealt with it and dialled it onto a more off-road track. It kept up though to be fair to it, but it's not ideal as any impacts from the much bigger cars, and it will come off worst or get stuck on the track markers.
You could surely have a go and come see if you liked the club, and get a taster for 1/10th. It's a shame because no one local races the 14th cars. They run really well and go like little rockets.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------