Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 08-02-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Never tried it with modern 2.4ghz stuff but Springfield used to have a track next to some tennis courts with that sort of fencing used to generate massive interference on 27 and 40mhz systems. OK, stuffs moved on since the early '90s but I'd still avoid.
Personally I'd rather make it so they don't find it worth climbing the fence.

Father in laws a builder, specifically a site foreman so can advise us on suitable drainage etc if need be. Got feelers out for some new (used) astro but getting it to the track would be an issue as it needs a big lorry and a lot of manpower to shift. Can probably 'acquire' most tools courtesy of Wigan council though clearly only for as long as they won't be missed. This does include a mini-digger but we haven't worked out how to sneak that one out yet.....

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 08-02-2010

Look up faraday cages, thats the theory anyway. Any signal can be stopped if you get the gaps in the mesh the right height of the frequency.

Dunno if it reflects back into the track or just stops though.
Old 08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Doggers seem to be the issue at RHR.....
yeah sorry about that!
Old 08-02-2010
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Doggers seem to be the issue at RHR.....
But it makes us laugh when they have to start the car up to let us into the field!
Old 08-02-2010
Gypsy Member

Default big air

excellent news. i like the current set up but some new additions and change around is sounding good . like rob says the track can be set up a variety of ways . so sticking with current theme seems a good idea . with regards to rostrum a change so sun /weather is not in face as much is a great idea. and as for wheelchair access how about a portable mini rostron or cip together podium which could be kept in cabins and brought out when needed. i no youths are trouble but if it was not for the open access i might never have got into racing (i no fence it immediatly) and many other non racing rc users still enjoy the track ( sunday was fun mixed scale and fuel racing mayhem ) but either way glad the track has some life in it. paint brush ready for action rog.............

ps how about a mega jump . big air/fire pit with it being outdoor ..........
Old 08-02-2010

Good news about the new track, a large blank astro area would be good with sections like the old bury track, I still love the small grass bits on the old track. And a slightly lower rostrum would be better.

The number one thing will be to design it so that its both fun to race on each and every week and almost vandal proof due to the location large town/city. Also will you make sure you have a Loo for racers.

Support for your new track from a Southport member, because its will be better for the Northwest region and the hobby...
Old 09-02-2010

Send a message via MSN to birdy

Make it big enough for 1/8th Scale :0

www.bmrcc.co.uk
Old 09-02-2010
Mad Member

Default Ideas

Some good ideas and some not so good. I love the height of the rostrum and think it's a good use of the dead space on top of the container that we use for storage.as for wheel chair access I must say that even with a ramp it would have to be huge to get the angle to somthing we can push a wheel chair up it's just not feesable. Do we have a member of the club who is in a wheelchair? I've seen a bloke at chadderton who is in a wheel chair. Is he a member?

I'm sure we could rig something up for him or who ever is In a wheel chair but we could do with knowing if any people in a wheel chair want to attend our summer season.

Obviously any changes or decissions to be made to the track should be either the topic off a meeting for the bury club members or a ballet. As it is all about the members and what we want. Again I refer to last summer when some meetings was only attended by 6 racers.

Buds

http://budsballs.co.uk
Old 09-02-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdy View Post
+1 for that idea.

But yeh, move rostrum so sun is behind is great idea. otherwise more of the same; flowing, astro, low maintenance, nothing that can't be done by newbies and plenty of good drainage!
Old 09-02-2010

Send a message via MSN to T4miy4 Guy Send a message via Skype™ to T4miy4 Guy
Default I think i`ve been misunderstood

I think the free access isn`t really the way forward because Bury as a club needs members, thats what we all want when you think about it (someone to race with/against). yes/no?

If the track is accessible to everyone whenever they like ,are these people coming on race days and becoming members? yes /no?
Or to put it another way if no members couldn`t use the track whenever they liked ,would they possibly turn up on race day instead? yes/no?

How do other clubs run the track are they free at all times for anyone?

I`m not against people turning up to practice , just thinking of ways to get more members and keep the track in good condition, which would attract more racers to the venue & move Bury forward.

Its all just my opinon lads so don`t jump on this if you don`t agree!

post your ideas / opinon

Andy
Old 09-02-2010

the track is good as it is,just lacking some maintenance,so if we could build one in the same way but with the added drainage/new bigger lengths of astro etc,plus spend an hour or two before racing on a sunday every now and again to keep it up to scratch. i think we would be onto a good venue again,how do the southport guys keep ther track so well and keep the chavs from trashing it?
Old 09-02-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by budfish View Post
Some good ideas and some not so good. I love the height of the rostrum and think it's a good use of the dead space on top of the container that we use for storage.as for wheel chair access I must say that even with a ramp it would have to be huge to get the angle to somthing we can push a wheel chair up it's just not feesable. Do we have a member of the club who is in a wheelchair? I've seen a bloke at chadderton who is in a wheel chair. Is he a member?

I'm sure we could rig something up for him or who ever is In a wheel chair but we could do with knowing if any people in a wheel chair want to attend our summer season.

Obviously any changes or decissions to be made to the track should be either the topic off a meeting for the bury club members or a ballet. As it is all about the members and what we want. Again I refer to last summer when some meetings was only attended by 6 racers.

Buds
It`s good news you old track is being renewed and all that, but at Southport we have one member who is in a chair and we have made a sizeable effort for him to race and built him a rostrum/ramp/platform. i do know he asked last year if any of the other north west clubs if there was facilities for him to race but none had, including southport.
He didn`t do the north west regional series in full cos of this and his own wooden platform (18" high) is very bulky to move.
I`m sure he would like to do the regionals this year.
It would also look good to the council that you catering for everyone who races if you where to ask for this facility to be included in the plans.

Hope, and don`t mean to offend anyone by posting on your thread, but just adding input to help the north west clubs.
Si.

It was once said to me, if you light the blue touch paper you need to stand well back[/CENTER]
Old 09-02-2010
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdy View Post
VERY difficult to build a track for both IMHO.

G
Old 09-02-2010

Send a message via MSN to birdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northy View Post
VERY difficult to build a track for both IMHO.

G

Only Joking really, I know the 1/8th scale frighten most of you 1/10 lads

www.bmrcc.co.uk
Old 09-02-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4miy4 Guy View Post
I think the free access isn`t really the way forward because Bury as a club needs members, thats what we all want when you think about it (someone to race with/against). yes/no?

If the track is accessible to everyone whenever they like ,are these people coming on race days and becoming members? yes /no?
Or to put it another way if no members couldn`t use the track whenever they liked ,would they possibly turn up on race day instead? yes/no?

How do other clubs run the track are they free at all times for anyone?

I`m not against people turning up to practice , just thinking of ways to get more members and keep the track in good condition, which would attract more racers to the venue & move Bury forward.

Its all just my opinon lads so don`t jump on this if you don`t agree!

post your ideas / opinon

Andy
The track shouldn't be a free-for-all, it should be as it is currently. The way I understand it now, is members can (check with roger for permission) go down for a shakedown. But ultimately we all like to race, so we attend on mass to race each other and this is why the track & club exists.

I do think it needs to be harder to get in with bikes etc. But the bratts can be determined - it may cause more vandalism if we make it harder for them to climb over..

As for disabled access, im all for it, the council may be too. Perhaps a ramp zigzagging up the back or whatever, if the council are for it - they ought to be.

A hard standing for pitting by the track. No mud!

Im glad the council are doing something, just hope its plenty, it could be great for the club and continue the attendance which indoors is getting.
Old 09-02-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Obviously any changes or decissions to be made to the track should be either the topic off a meeting for the bury club members or a ballet.

Buds
You mean Ballot. Or are you going to perform a moving piece of interpretive dance about how you what the new rostrum to be designed? That could be amusing to watch!

Yz4 - Yz2
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Old 09-02-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Coe View Post
You mean Ballot. Or are you going to perform a moving piece of interpretive dance about how you what the new rostrum to be designed? That could be amusing to watch!
Kiss it four eyes we wasn't all university educated!!!

http://budsballs.co.uk
Old 09-02-2010

Send a message via MSN to T4miy4 Guy Send a message via Skype™ to T4miy4 Guy

Quote:
Thanks for that Si ! i now have an extremely funny image in my minds eye...

Andy
Old 09-02-2010
Mad Member

Quote:

PMSL - nice one hahahahahah

He probably does mean ballet though---come on buds fess up
Old 09-02-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Kiss it four eyes we wasn't all university educated!!!
Or in your case it seems trained in classical dance

Yz4 - Yz2
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC