Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 25-05-2006
Mad Member

I'm just crazy busy now so it's been a while since I had time to check back here.

We've told all the Team we'll ship them their test cars about June 5 - 6. We'll use fastest shipping, and hope Chris & Dan have The New Math June 8 or 9. They'll have all prototype molded parts, however one mold will not be done until late in June.

That mold makes the servo mount and battery hold-down. We've torqued the machine shop around so they can do all the other molds and make a very short production run, we hope, by June 2nd. Then they'll start on the last mold. All the others are now in various stages of completion.

So the Boys will use Losi servo mounts & xx-4 battery posts. We'll secure the batteries with strapping tape, or something.

We even expect to have the first cut of a J Concepts-designed and -produced body with the Boys' paint schemes on them. The first art work has come through from Jason, and it's major.

So they'll have full prototype cars, even including the Lunsford Ti hinge pins (We received the short run yesterday) and our own threaded inserts (Short run should be done tomorrow.). Chassis, nose piece, shock tower, trans case, rear control arms, wing mounts, bottom covers, toe-in bars, motor plate, everything.
Old 25-05-2006

Well,

As Chazz knows, I just bought a used x5 and have been cleaning it up. It so outperforms my xxx4 that I am selling the xxx4.

Also, Chazz' personal attention has been a major boon to getting the car up and running.

If the x-6 is also that much better than its 2wd counterparts, I think you will see a lot of xxx bk's on ebay lol.