Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 24-08-2013

Default DEX408 DNX408 Servo saver

Just trying to get a new build of a dex408 done and i'm having trouble with the servo saver post thread. First one that came with the kit wouldn't even attempt to do up and was obvious the nut was too larger diameter for the saver threaded shaft. Called Durango and very helpful and replacement came through the door less than 24hours later. Problem is even though this new one is doing up its got the feel like its going to let go as soon as i hit something and isn't going to last, so is there any common mods to do to this or alternative parts people are using?
Old 24-08-2013

Hi mate,

Just follow the manual for building the servo saver

There isn't any mods that I know off and the one on my car is fine.

I have added a picture so you can get an idea of what it looks like built and a ruff position of the adjuster nut.

image.jpg

Old 24-08-2013

Cheers but Its not really that I'm not sure on building it, its the part that is at fault. The original kit item i can slide the thumb ring onto the threaded post without even turning it.

I know there are lots and lots out there with perfectly fine savers but its the others that have had issues and solved it would be nice to hear from. There has been an issue with them that even Durango are aware of as i was told they had a few kits with this problem.

Maybe i've just been unlucky twice on this occasion and the new one has done up but it just feels slack for such a fine pitched thread and a bad landing or something will probably pop it.
Old 24-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason A View Post
BTW that looks like its done up a bit more than the recommended 29.5mm which i've got no chance of getting beyond. Wondering if the spring is a bit oversized?
Old 24-08-2013

I've heard some people have had issues with the servo saver, never experienced it myself, here's a link to a fix some people have used http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ex408-171.html

Team Durango Australia
www.team-durango.com

Proline Australia

A list of option parts and other information for Durango vehicles. www.durangofansite.com
Old 25-08-2013

Thats great thanks and has inspired me to do some bodging. Found an ansmann X8 thumb collar that fits onto the Durango part perfect and seems a much snugger fit. Will have to wait a see if it holds out.