Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 29-05-2015

Default lets all do this

I sent the following email to durango this morning lets all bombard durango with emails showing our displeasure at the current distributor of there parts and maybe we can get this sorted or get some sort of response
I will post the response I get if I get one

Seems we are struggling to get parts in the United Kingdom due to the poor service and poor knowledge of the industry from the distributor that has been assigned the sole rights to distribute durango parts. Our model shops are now pulling from supporting durango parts due to the poor service they receiving there is a big market for durango in uk but without the ability to buy parts this brand will be come an outcast and leave many of us angry and annoyed at the poor service we receive when we need parts. We know that the parts stock in germany is at 95% but getting the parts through our model shops is becoming impossible.
In the last 24 hours 2 major shops that supply durango parts have now let it be known they will no longer be supplying parts for this brand unless something can be sorted
as a durango customer who has just returned to the sport I now feel that as a company you have let down someone who decided to return to the sport using your brand as it was the best value and option for someone returning to the sport.
Old 29-05-2015

The Team Durango website is now showing stock availability at the European warehouse, look for the green boxes in the top right hand corner of each parts picture. Here is the parts listing for the DEX410v4 for example:-

http://www.team-durango.com/parts.ph...02030&type=STD

Wheelspin Models and Hobbies are listing all of the Team Durango parts here:-

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/c/1166/

If the part is showing as 'Shadow Stock' at Wheelspin, they should be able to have it delivered to them in two to three working days.
Old 29-05-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Awesome.... should get parts in - in 2 to 3 'working' days - brilliant.

So i'm at a race weekend - I break something, the shops at the meeting have no spares and I have to order from Europe and wait...

Who are these jokers - someone here has their head up their arse - support the shops that support the racers - it's not rocket science....

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk
Old 29-05-2015

Send a message via AIM to Adam Skelding Send a message via MSN to Adam Skelding Send a message via Yahoo to Adam Skelding Send a message via Skype™ to Adam Skelding

Andy,
The tool is there to show you that the part is in stock at the EU warehouse. So any model shop with an account should be able to get it on a 48 hour order if they don't already carry the part. So unless you are racing twice or more a week (which some people do) then you should be racing again the following weekend.

If the shops don't have it at the meeting. Nothing the shop or distributor can do will help you there.
You'd then have to ask around and with the people who participate in our hobby that's normally good enough to get you sorted out. No-one will normally see someone go home from racing if they can help out.

Powered by OptiPower

Do, or do not, there is no try!
Old 29-05-2015

According to the shops this is not how things have been working with Revell though.
Old 29-05-2015

Default durango

the point is the distributor is the problem if you read the posts from the owners of the shops that stock the parts dealing with revell for them is the problem as they do not understand the sport and the needs of the shops
Old 29-05-2015
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Skelding View Post
Andy,
The tool is there to show you that the part is in stock at the EU warehouse. So any model shop with an account should be able to get it on a 48 hour order if they don't already carry the part. So unless you are racing twice or more a week (which some people do) then you should be racing again the following weekend.

If the shops don't have it at the meeting. Nothing the shop or distributor can do will help you there.
You'd then have to ask around and with the people who participate in our hobby that's normally good enough to get you sorted out. No-one will normally see someone go home from racing if they can help out.
So Adam, why have i never had a order arrive within 48 hours of placing it, we know Revell have stock there website says so, my last order was chased on at least 5 occasions, until i cancelled it last night as I had got fed up with chasing and waiting?

MB
Old 29-05-2015

Send a message via AIM to Adam Skelding Send a message via MSN to Adam Skelding Send a message via Yahoo to Adam Skelding Send a message via Skype™ to Adam Skelding

I can't speak for individual cases. I don't work at Revell, they are our distributor.

I've had my orders in 48 hours if I've ordered them in the morning. (They are direct from Revell). Only when items are out of stock have orders not been received in the 48 hours and if the order can be sent without (out of stock) parts then they have.

Yes it was different when the stock was in the UK (the stock was just down the road).
----------
We have tried to help the end customer by showing what is / isn't in stock at the EU warehouse so they know if they are looking for a part that is out of stock.

Powered by OptiPower

Do, or do not, there is no try!
Old 29-05-2015
oOple Advertiser

They are going to deliver orders to Team Durango in the UK within 48 hours they wouldn't want to look like muppets would they!
Old 29-05-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Cheers for reply Adam.

I don't think I made myself clear - when I suggested that the shop (either locally or at a race) doesn't have spares - I was suggesting a scenario where they no longer carry Durango parts - hence they have nothing - ever...

I'm running two Durango cars for my twin boys this year - if they stick with the hobby and local shops stop carrying stock it will be far from ideal. People want access to spares etc quickly - that's why we have shops, that we can go to and buy things, or get them delivered next day.

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk
Old 29-05-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesy View Post

Wheelspin Models and Hobbies are listing all of the Team Durango parts here:-

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/c/1166/

If the part is showing as 'Shadow Stock' at Wheelspin, they should be able to have it delivered to them in two to three working days.

Good luck with Shadow stock. I placed an order with wheelspin and the items were down as "shadow stock" and they turned up this morning. Only taking 2 weeks from shadow stock so I would deffo not trust that.

Toby

http://www.torchracing.co.uk/
Old 29-05-2015

Default UK stock

There will be a long delay if the UK shops won't stock durago, and there is no uk stock!
What a shambles, but maybe durango to can't make a profit having a UK distributor. If that is the case they shouldn't bother with the UK market or be honest about how long parts will take!
Old 30-05-2015

Default parts

the parts are there so why are they not being shipped when they are ordered by a shop. I was talking with mb this afternoon to try find out the problems and when they tell you they have had an order in for 5 weeks and had a revell representative in the shop promising there order would be there within 72 hours not the 48 that some are saying and it still does not turn up makes you wonder do durango want to support shops that helped them get a foot hold in the Uk and support club members or just the factory drivers. Check the stock of there so called shops in the uk from there own site list I did at 3am this morning and out of all the shops they list as stockists I found 2 with parts and mainly for the 410 do durango not think that there are 210 owners out there and 210 v2 owners sourcing parts for a 210v2 is like finding a needle in a hay stack. If revell cannot do the distribution of the parts from europe to the uk then surely durango need to act or it will simply be left with only a factory team to supply which when it boils down to it will soon come to an end when the idea behind a factory backed team is to promote the brand to the end customers who will no longer buy the cars due to the lack/poor support of the regular club member hence leaving factory backed drivers looking for new companies to drive for. or failing that we should be able to order parts direct from the distrubutor but then again would they be able to handle small orders if they cannot handle shop orders.

Last edited by claymoreman; 30-05-2015 at 02:42 PM.
Old 30-05-2015

Hey guys

We carry a healthy range of spares for both 210's and 410's, the website hasn't been updated since the 210v2 came out but there is a good chance we may have it. Any you guys struggling drop me a line with a part number or numbers and will do our best to accommodate

Coincedently, I've had a look on the TD stockist locator and we don't appear to be on

Number5RC is now LIVE! http://number5rc.co.uk

Stockists of Schumacher - Team Durango - Xray - XfactoryUK brands - Answer RC - LMR + More to be announced

Follow us on Facebook for live updates and news
Old 30-05-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoreman View Post
the parts are there so why are they not being shipped when they are ordered by a shop. I was talking with mb this afternoon to try find out the problems and when they tell you they have had an order in for 5 weeks and had a revell representative in the shop promising there order would be there within 72 hours not the 48 that some are saying and it still does not turn up makes you wonder do durango want to support shops that helped them get a foot hold in the Uk and support club members or just the factory drivers. Check the stock of there so called shops in the uk from there own site list I did at 3am this morning and out of all the shops they list as stockists I found 2 with parts and mainly for the 410 do durango not think that there are 210 owners out there and 210 v2 owners sourcing parts for a 210v2 is like finding a needle in a hay stack. If revell cannot do the distribution of the parts from europe to the uk then surely durango need to act or it will simply be left with only a factory team to supply which when it boils down to it will soon come to an end when the idea behind a factory backed team is to promote the brand to the end customers who will no longer buy the cars due to the lack/poor support of the regular club member hence leaving factory backed drivers looking for new companies to drive for. or failing that we should be able to order parts direct from the distrubutor but then again would they be able to handle small orders if they cannot handle shop orders.
I don't think there are any factory drivers anymore either, Jorn, Ryan Lutz, Elliot Harper etc all left months ago.
Old 30-05-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by bally View Post
So Adam, why have i never had a order arrive within 48 hours of placing it, we know Revell have stock there website says so, my last order was chased on at least 5 occasions, until i cancelled it last night as I had got fed up with chasing and waiting?

MB
Can Mr Skelding ask the distributor (revell) what's going on then. It's plainly obvious that mb models and inside line racing have had enough issues with poor service to make them drop the durango brand and just remember what a bad advertisement for the durango brand this discussion is. Whatever you say means nothing when mb models come on here and tell everyone exactly what the service they have been getting is like (and remember how trusted mb models are). Please speak to revell if you can and find out what's going on if you can then hopefully durango customers can buy in confidence.
Old 30-05-2015

there are spares out there but with no team drivers in the UK at the moment the brand is not popular, the cars are competitive and I am not sure Revell are that keen to prompt the brand

Last edited by xtreme-rc; 30-05-2015 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Change of thoughts
Old 30-05-2015
Mad Member

It's not up to Adam, or myself for that matter, to call Revell and talk about distribution.

MB have their own reasons for their decision, it just means that other shops will become the main carriers for Team Durango.
Old 30-05-2015

Default revell

then if revell as distributor is not keen to promote the brand why are they the distributor ??
lets get someone willing to promote the brand so we can get stock to the shops that order then have to wait and wait till revell decide they going to send. If they not or dont want to promote the brand in the uk then just image how they would feel if we all decided to not support the brand in the UK as a whole and im sure with the word of mouth on how they treat customers be they shops or club racers and it gets posted on many forums around the world how it could affect there business the fact of the matter is there are a lot of durango owners in the uk who have supported the brand for them now to not deal with a problem which sounds like has not improved in a long while if they do not want the profits from the uk then they should post to that end so we can all spend our money on a brand that is supported by a good and healthy flow of parts. Think on how people coming in to the sport who have purchased this brand as it is a good car to begin with only to find when they break something they wont be able to race until they source a part because half the stock is sat in a warehouse in germany due to the inability of the european distributor to forfill its contract in essence .
Old 30-05-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabs View Post
it just means that other shops will become the main carriers for Team Durango.
If they bother at all. I don't see any others queuing up.
Revell want to sell direct to user and take dealer margins for themselves. Any serious racer will soon get tired of not having their local shop able to supply them, and so switch brands, if they haven't done so already.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------