Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 04-03-2019
Mad Member

Default Absima cr3p wheel spring

Hey guys, I have an issue. The nipper has got the aforementioned radio, and after Qualifying yesterday, it turns out the spring on the steerwheel actually broke, so he had no centre and couldnt do his Finals.

Anyway, is there soneone else here who has had the same issue?

If so, what did you use to fix/ modify and secondly, the casing is a pig to get apart as the wheel is on a dropdown, so how did you get that apart without mullering the casing with screwdriver dents??

Thanks in advance.
SWorkz S12-2

Instagram: crazylthirteen
Blogger: http://the-croucher.blogspot.co.uk/
Old 06-03-2019
Mad Member

Clearly not, must be the only one ever then.
SWorkz S12-2

Old 06-03-2019

Not had one of these, but not seen a spring broken before either, it's normally the locating pin that snaps if it's plastic.

Getting the actual wheel off is key to most wheel radio strips, and again unsure if yours just pulls off (interference fit) or if it has a locating screw or such. Once that's off even with a dropdown it should open with all screws released?
Old 09-03-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy L View Post
Hey guys, I have an issue. The nipper has got the aforementioned radio, and after Qualifying yesterday, it turns out the spring on the steerwheel actually broke, so he had no centre and couldnt do his Finals.

Anyway, is there soneone else here who has had the same issue?

If so, what did you use to fix/ modify and secondly, the casing is a pig to get apart as the wheel is on a dropdown, so how did you get that apart without mullering the casing with screwdriver dents??

Thanks in advance.
I had the spring go in a flysky transmitter that looks vaguely similar, the actual spring had snapped so I took the bigger remaining half of it and bent one of the coils as 90 degrees so it I could refit it over the retainer post. Bit of a bodge bit it rescued a days racing.
If your having trouble disassembling it you are probably missing a screw somewhere maybe hidden under something ?.

EDIT: that radio looks very much like a rebranded flysky GT3 series in which its probably firmware upgradable with the open source code https://github.com/semerad/gt3b

Last edited by bassman7755; 09-03-2019 at 12:59 PM.
Old 13-03-2019
Mad Member

Thanks Bassman

I have looked and double looked for another screw, but to no avail. It is clipped somehow on the inside but it's finding how it unclips that seems to be causing issue. It's one of those "you'll come apart now you ######### thing, making me sit here for hours, grrrr". !SNAP! scenarios now, lol.

I'll take another look soon.
SWorkz S12-2

Old 19-03-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy L View Post
Thanks Bassman

I have looked and double looked for another screw, but to no avail. It is clipped somehow on the inside but it's finding how it unclips that seems to be causing issue. It's one of those "you'll come apart now you ######### thing, making me sit here for hours, grrrr". !SNAP! scenarios now, lol.

I'll take another look soon.
Good luck. BTW since the receiver looks like a rebranded flysky it should work with flysky tx's (which may or may not be handy in the future).