Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Old 04-11-2009

Default ZX-5 balance

Having been reading this board for a few month now, I'm noticing that people are talking about how balanced their cars are.

How do people balance out their cars when the batteries are on one side?(not lipo). The battery side of my car weights considerably more than the other side.

I know I'm asking loads of questions lately.
Old 04-11-2009
Mad Member

The easiest way would be to place a lead sheet under your electronics.
Old 04-11-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I never really had an issue with my SP, I'd say ignor it! Out of interest what cells are you using, it's only really an issue with the uber high capacity cells with are about 8g a cell more than something like a GP3700 with you'll find in the more basic packs.

If your interested you'll need to add about 75g in total to balance the car
Old 04-11-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

i think when people talk about a balanced car they are more referring to the balance of grip front to rear and the general handling, as opposed to the fact the chassis weight is balanced left to right etc (although that obviously helps with good handling!)

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 04-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
I never really had an issue with my SP, I'd say ignor it! Out of interest what cells are you using, it's only really an issue with the uber high capacity cells with are about 8g a cell more than something like a GP3700 with you'll find in the more basic packs.

If your interested you'll need to add about 75g in total to balance the car
The cells I'm using are 5100's

I have a pack of 4500's well. Out of interest I've just weighed them both and the 5100's weigh over 10g more than the 4500's....I'd never really thought about the weight of batteries before.
Old 04-11-2009

Your average Lipo pack is 250g-300g range and most NiMh batts are about 450g ish. My SP had about 100g lead strip under the lipo and a square of lead on top of the servo about 25g, both cut from roofing lead. This i did to get the car to jump half sensibly as without the weight it would flop over to one side in the air too easily. My own personal opinion also is that there is too much weight in the back of the SP chassis layout and that is the reason for the lead on the servo. HTH
Kyosho RB 6.7
MB MODELS www.rccarshop.co.uk
www.ghostrc.co.uk
Old 04-11-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlened View Post
The cells I'm using are 5100's

I have a pack of 4500's well. Out of interest I've just weighed them both and the 5100's weigh over 10g more than the 4500's....I'd never really thought about the weight of batteries before.
This is why, when racing, it is best to use the same type of packs throughout the meeting.

Partly for consistency of balance, performance and handling - and partly because if you stick a different pack in, you might find yourself underweight and disqualified! Unlikely in buggy racing right now, easy to do in on-road.