Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 31-12-2015

Default bz-222 esc help

Stock esc programming box or help
I need some help, we run a small private track, indoors in a donated building. As the track grows, so do the people, we've had 5 kids show up every week to watch, none of their parents can afford the hobby so we decided to look for decent cars at low prices as a group. So with that being said we purchased 5 bz222 buggies, at 49 dollars, threw in spare radios we had and provided them with the cars and each a used lipo, we keep our stuff in good condition and let them go. Our issue is, we managed to lock out reverse so we could teach them proper racing, and marshaling, all good stuff. My concern is not all programmable functions listed in the manual are accessible through the set up button, like setting the cutoff from 3.2v to 3.4v for safety purposes, brake bias, the mode to stop the cars at voltage cutoff instead of reducing power and dropping voltage lower. I've contacted HK numerous times in the last few days and yeah I didn't expect a super answer but something solid would have been cool. Bottom line is can someone post clear better direction on accessing all the functions on the 60a included esc, or better yet, give me a link to a program card that works on the esc for sure because their answer was here are 2 that MIGHT work... and I get it but we're on a budget too and we bought the buggies, and enough spare parts for them to run well into the summer at the least, so any help to make these cars right would be very much appreciated.

Thanks a lot
Darrin
Old 31-12-2015
Mad Member

pm sent

where are you based Darrin
regards dave
Old 31-12-2015

Michigan sir, I sent you a pm back. I have the same question posted on as many forums as I can, as I stated to you, not a fan of Chinese rc stuff, but we did the necessary chassis fixes and other things posted out there and other than a broken a arm or two, they've working out well and it's really great to take 5 kids who couldn't afford the hobby and watch the interaction, it's been great. Just need SOMEONE who has found a program box or card that works with the stock electronics so we can tweak things, they can all drive but are at all different skill levels, and the lipo cutoff absolutely needs to be at 3.4v not 3.2v for safety and instead of lowering power at low voltage, I would like the cars to stop, see of them realize it, see keep driving, we don't need a lipo fire or puffing packs for sure.
Old 02-01-2016

Also looking for answers to this - we got two of the BZ222 for the boys at Xmas - and one has managed to mess the settings up.

Looking at Hobbyking, they sell what looks like the same esc:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arch=60a%20esc

and list a compatible program card:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=7187

When our Bz's arrived I tried our Hobbywing program cards/box's on it without success (as the esc looks like a ezrun60a), so i'm suspicious that the one in the top link is actually a different esc.

I'm unable to program any esc manually, though i'm sure someone who is used to doing so could sit with it and work out what settings the red button actually lets you access, through painstaking trial and error.