Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > International fOrums > Ireland

Old 11-04-2011

Send a message via MSN to colmo Send a message via Skype™ to colmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreargrip View Post
I'd like to thank badmcc for giving 1/10 the opportunity it needs in the north..surface was fantastic..reminds me of running on polished wood..car was constantly on the move..really enjoyed the day..didnt want to go home...we had a decent turnout..11 people I think..sorry for a few of the southern drivers that couldn't make it..they missed a great day..so Sunday 17th is the first championship round..all support will be greatly appreciated..
I'd say polished wood is much easier - I'll likely be taking the B4 out on it this Thursday, and I'll bet it won't be uselessly doing donuts every time I think of touching the throttle!

I presume it'll just be an open 1/10th class? I really enjoyed taking my truck round that track, and I'll bet I can get it to handle better if I actually fix the shocks...

Stephen and I were active with our cameras - he's much better at this than I am, I'm more used to subjects that stay put...

Photos:
Oople Invernational 2010 - Sodden Sunday
Muchmore N. Irish GP 2010 (Touring cars)
BADMCC 1/8th Nitro buggies

Current cars:
X6^2 | JC BJ4WE | TM E4 & E4JS | HPI E-Firestorm | Losi Crawler | + many F1s, super crawlers, scalers, drifters in the works...
Old 11-04-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreargrip View Post
I'd like to thank badmcc for giving 1/10 the opportunity it needs in the north..surface was fantastic..reminds me of running on polished wood..car was constantly on the move..really enjoyed the day..didnt want to go home...we had a decent turnout..11 people I think..sorry for a few of the southern drivers that couldn't make it..they missed a great day..so Sunday 17th is the first championship round..all support will be greatly appreciated..
Great to hear it went well. The 17th is the dmcc first championship round also so I wont be able to get up again unfortunately.
Old 11-04-2011

yeah Colin will be open for now till we c whos doing what..will be separated sooner or later to 2wd and ..

Hi Ian..I'll have to check the dates..badmcc is every 2 weeks..I hope they all won't clash..that would be a shame..
Old 15-04-2011

Don't forget the first round of the BADMCC club championship is on Sunday - running for 1/10th electric on a US style dirt track with astro jumps. Fingers crossed for the weather, and see you all then.
Old 15-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modeltune View Post
Don't forget the first round of the BADMCC club championship is on Sunday - running for 1/10th electric on a US style dirt track with astro jumps. Fingers crossed for the weather, and see you all then.
Digits duly crossed. I might have another root through your box of tyres if those X-2000s don't work out. I drove the B4 last night in Fivemiletown on polished wood on new tyres, and it handled just the same :S - worn minispikes were driveable, but still bad - off the the Associated Setups thread I go...

Photos:

Current cars:
X6^2 | JC BJ4WE | TM E4 & E4JS | HPI E-Firestorm | Losi Crawler | + many F1s, super crawlers, scalers, drifters in the works...
Old 15-04-2011

Colmo if u are stuck for dirt tires i can bring some up to bangor tomorrow. Got loads left after the euros this year.
Old 15-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugenextreme View Post
Colmo if u are stuck for dirt tires i can bring some up to bangor tomorrow. Got loads left after the euros this year.
I'll not be racing at Bangor tomorrow, but I'll drop by at some time, I'll gladly take dirt tyres off your hands. Also want a word about the Oople.

Photos:

Current cars:
Old 18-04-2011

Another good day at BADMCC - alas, only 4 electric runners this time, but we all gave it our best.

Mark Penney once again showed us a clean pair of wheels in possibly his last drive with a B4.1 before he completes his defection to Losi, Andy Rennick broke his Losi XXX every round except the last final, Jack Nelson got better and better with his XXX4, whilst I struggled with the jumps in my B4.

My thanks to C. Whelan for the Bowties and front ribs, much improved performance there. The track lost traction as it dried throughout the day, and ate tyres faster and faster! It looks like a one-set-per-day track - fresh rubber for the finals, leave them on for qualifying the following meet, and repeat. I've asked Andy for a set of Fastrax H-pattern (Bowtie copy) spoked premounts - ideal for the Losi 22 drivers as they have a 12mm hex fitment. I have XXX-S hex adapters to convert my B4 to 12mm.

We need a bulk order of earplugs - marshalling those nitros is bad for the ears :S

Photos:

Current cars:
Old 28-04-2011

hi all electric racers..badmcc on Sunday 1st..come on people there was only 4 cars there 2 weeks ago..any support will be greatly appreciated..although not financially..lol...
Old 28-04-2011

Going to be tough this weekend to get lads up to bandbridge mark as the first round of the 4wd Nationals are taking place on sunday.
Old 28-04-2011

i know man...just throwing it out there...good luck at the national...looks like a great weekend weather wise....shit it will probably rain now...lol
Old 29-04-2011

Send a message via Skype™ to Cardnim
Unhappy wont be there

Sorry guys, us lot from Carrick wont be there on Sunday.

Im gutted about missing it, but Sunday's (and Wed!) are just really busy for me and its hard to get an entire day to myself.

I'll hopefully be there next time though! Hope its a great day.

P.S. it sucks that the only two 1/10th electric off road tracks I know of in N.Ireland run on a Wed (Craigavon) and Sunday (BADMCC).
Does anyone know of any others that perhaps run on Saturday?

Cheers.
Andrew.
Old 29-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardnim View Post
P.S. it sucks that the only two 1/10th electric off road tracks I know of in N.Ireland run on a Wed (Craigavon) and Sunday (BADMCC).
Does anyone know of any others that perhaps run on Saturday?
There's Clogher Valley MCC in Fivemiletown on Thursdays. After that, there's DMCC in Lucan, near Dublin (they run on Sundays too). There'll be a track in Longford too, once that project reaches fruition.

Photos:

Current cars:
Old 10-05-2011

Cheers for the heads up mate.

I'm definately going to be at BADMCC for this Sunday's Round 3.
The CAT is getting well and truly overhauled for it - cant wait.

You going yourself?
Old 11-05-2011

Err, is anyone going this Sunday?
It is still on, right?
Old 11-05-2011

Quote:
Err, is anyone going this Sunday?
It is still on, right?
Yes, and yes (afaik).

My E Firestorm loves that track - it's a lap quicker than my poor B4.

Photos:

Current cars:
Old 11-05-2011

Brilliant mate, really looking forward to it.
Was there anymore guys there at the last round?
Old 11-05-2011

Quote:
Brilliant mate, really looking forward to it.
Was there anymore guys there at the last round?
Just the 4, but low turnout is normal for holiday weekends. One person couldn't make it due to bereavement. We may well see a contingent from Dublin as they are not running a home championship round this weekend.

Photos:

Current cars:
Old 11-05-2011

Well, there is at least 2 coming from Carrick!
Trying to get smoe new tyres sorted for the surface - I read that it is a bit slippy and tricky to get grip so Im hoping the new Proline Calibers are going to do the job for me.
They seem to have got pretty good reviews so far - esp in 1/8th nitro on American clay tracks.

You've raced the BADMCC track before - how would you describe the track? Do you think I should set up for big jumps, high grip, low grip, etc?
Old 11-05-2011

Quote:
Well, there is at least 2 coming from Carrick!
Trying to get smoe new tyres sorted for the surface - I read that it is a bit slippy and tricky to get grip so Im hoping the new Proline Calibers are going to do the job for me.
They seem to have got pretty good reviews so far - esp in 1/8th nitro on American clay tracks.

You've raced the BADMCC track before - how would you describe the track? Do you think I should set up for big jumps, high grip, low grip, etc?
It's a hard abrasive surface with a fair amount of loose debris on it (you'll see me flicking stones off it throughout my marshalling stints).

As we go over many of the jumps the wrong way (we may try reversing direction on Sunday!), you can't really take them hard (crashing on jumps eats far more time than taking them easy - I learned this the hard way), so setup would be for a bumpy, dusty, low grip dirt track.

'Clay' and 'Blue-groove' setups would be for higher grip surfaces. Don't go too soft on your suspension, that just seems to make the car handle worse. There are no hairpin corners, so you setup for stability rather than steering.

Photos:

Current cars: