Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 23-02-2013

Default Durnago DEX210 gear diff advantages?

Hey guys. Im running a gear diff in my DEX210 and to be honest its a PITA. Every time I need to change it i have to dismantle the car its leeks a little anyway. So im racing on carpet at the moment and want to ask is the gear diff a real advantage over a well set ball diff? How much difference does it make? Ive never tried the ball diff in this car, is it worth ith? Thanks for reading
Old 23-02-2013

I have timed the ball diff to gear diff on carpet and on dirt. On carpet I'm a couple .2 faster with the gear diff.

As for dirt I'm .2 or so fast with the ball diff, easier to put the power down.

I've posted on here before about the gear diff leaking asking for help. No one said anything.

What I've found helps it not leak as much. Use a ton of clean gears on the O-rings and on the shaft the goes threw the O-ring. Then use black grease on the gasket.

Also if you use the ball diff on high bite carpet you'll have to rebuild it anyways so not like it will last longer then filling the gear diff.
Old 24-02-2013
Mad Member

Neither will make you faster, they just 'feel' different and depending on how you tune them will respond slightly differently.
Equally as good as one another really

Mendip R/C Raceway - Offroad Racing in South-West
WORM-Racing - GT12 Racing in the South-West
Old 25-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danosborne6661 View Post
Neither will make you faster, they just 'feel' different and depending on how you tune them will respond slightly differently.
Equally as good as one another really

Lets say I'm running on a really high bite carpet and there's a really big sweeper. Lets say I have 7000 diff oil in my gear diff because this what I have run before on a track like this.

Now I can carry as much speed threw that sweeper with a ball diff or lets say a gear diff with 1000 in it.

I dont agree