Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 15-03-2013

Default Dex210 slipper issues

Heys guys. Im having a lot of trouble with the slipper clutch on my 210. On the track last nigt I was getting a huge amount of slip. The diff is good, ive taken that out, put two drivers in the outdrives and couldn't slip the diff gear. So should be an easy fix right? Just tighten the slipper and off I go. But the slipper spring is already at full lock and I can turn the spur with one finger. What can I do? Is it the sring thats the problem? Dont know what else it could be. Thanks for reading
Old 15-03-2013

Sounds like your slipper spacer may have worn, add a nitro clutch shim or replace the spacer with the updated part #TD310243. http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...perSpacerWear/

Team Durango Australia
www.team-durango.com

Proline Australia

A list of option parts and other information for Durango vehicles. www.durangofansite.com
Old 15-03-2013

Check the above, but also check your pads for glazing too. I would also check the 'load bearing' bearing on the spring side of the slipper assembly as this may have blown also.

Currently utilising (abusing) Durango DEX210 / KO Propo Espritt III / Tekin / LRP / SpeedPassion / Savox
Old 15-03-2013

Defo a worn spacer if you cant get it to tighten.
Old 15-03-2013

Thanks guys. Good to have an explanation at last So is this a common problem with Durnago's without the upgrade part then? Seems a bit silly ive only had it 2 months
Old 15-03-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny the elfman View Post
Heys guys. Im having a lot of trouble with the slipper clutch on my 210. On the track last nigt I was getting a huge amount of slip. The diff is good, ive taken that out, put two drivers in the outdrives and could slip the diff gear. So should be an easy fix right? Just tighten the slipper and off I go. But the slipper spring is already at full lock and I can turn the spur with one finger. What can I do? Is it the sring thats the problem? Dont know what else it could be. Thanks for reading

I think you got it wrong.

If you COULD slip the diff gear then our diff is too loose.

Effectively even with glazed slipper pads, if your slipper is as tight as it can be then there's not going to be any slipping, and it's your diff that is the issue.

I'd tighten your diff up and try again...
Old 15-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabs View Post
I think you got it wrong.

If you COULD slip the diff gear then our diff is too loose.

Effectively even with glazed slipper pads, if your slipper is as tight as it can be then there's not going to be any slipping, and it's your diff that is the issue.

I'd tighten your diff up and try again...
Whoops Thats a typo meant to say couldnt. Very thorough reading of the post though. 10 points to you sir
Old 15-03-2013

Quote:
Thanks guys. Good to have an explanation at last So is this a common problem with Durnago's without the upgrade part then? Seems a bit silly ive only had it 2 months
Yeh, it is a weak point, but the upgrade part is bang on, think its about £4 but for that I think you wont ever be replacing it again

Currently utilising (abusing) Durango DEX210 / KO Propo Espritt III / Tekin / LRP / SpeedPassion / Savox
Old 15-03-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Whoops Thats a typo meant to say couldnt. Very thorough reading of the post though. 10 points to you sir
Fair enough then... I did wonder if that was a typo...

I'd vouch for the spacer but I don't have enough experience with the car yet...
Old 15-03-2013

Just opened it up and its all of those things. Pads glazed, replaced with ae gear. Tube had crushed fixed, with shim. Bearing exploded, cant fix and cant find a spare in the uk. What going on with Durango guys? Ive had this car for mere weeks and its falling apart on me. Only car ive ever had so much trouble with.
Old 15-03-2013

you dont have to use a Durango bearing. if you go online many good bearing suppliers have the same size in stock, and sometimes cheaper. i actually bought about 10 of them for £3 off one supplier and so far its the only one thats been in the gearbox

Old 15-03-2013

I have modified my gearbox with one more 2,5*5*8 bearing. After i done this, the gearbox has been bulletproof...
Ultima SC-R and DESC 410R

BOMBK
Norway
Old 15-03-2013
Mad Member

Thing is, once the shaft spacer collapses/wears, you change all the loads, slip the clutch, tighten it up again, pop the bearing and so on.

The only real weak link is the spacer. It just causes other bits to fail once it wears.
Old 16-03-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hloland View Post
I have modified my gearbox with one more 2,5*5*8 bearing. After i done this, the gearbox has been bulletproof...
How/where did you do that?
Got any pics or a description?

"Babe thats NOT the price its the serial number!!"
Old 16-03-2013

I have mounted one more 2,5*5*8 bearing inside the gearboxs, at the opposite side off the 310242 gear. And changing the 310243 spaser white two TD 714001 CRUNCH SPACERS. (Maybe a 0,1 shim also to make also)
I also opened the the gearbox with an 8mm drill, for the new ballbearing. The gearbox hase been maintenesfree for a very long time, and with no gearbox nois. I can make some picts later.
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108680
Ultima SC-R and DESC 410R

BOMBK
Norway
Old 17-03-2013

I have not bought the hardened spacer what I have done is similar to the above post but works a treat for me. No extra parts needed either.

Both halves of the gearbox casing there is a recess for a bearing, one is used one is not, the empty side is for changing from mm to rear motor, 3 or 4 gear etc. what I have done is put a bearing in both sides of the gear box case, which means the lay shaft gear now runs up against a bearing rather than the spacer, and then cut down the spacer to suit the gap between the 2 bearings.

I didn't have calipers at the time to measure the size of the spacer I ended up with but there is now no wear on the spacer as it runs on 2 bearings and the layshaft also now runs on a bearing instead on up against the spacers causing friction and causing the spacer to wear.

The spacer needs to be cut exact otherwise when everything is tightened up the bearings may push out of the case slightly.

I have had trouble with with the slipper since the day I got the car (one of he first batch) and only since doing this have I got a slipper I can tighten and adjust properly and now is fantastic, run it for 6 months now with same AE pads and no slpping

Dex410 v3

RiponJetSkiClub.com