Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > I Made This !

Old 22-11-2012

Default 1/16th Micro 2wd

The inspiration for this project was Racingbens Mad Chimp.

I'm making this car to enter atleast one of the 2wd nationals this year.

The front end of the chassis is from my now defunct X2C as is the gearbox and back end. So basically I'm makin a short size chassis, new engine mount, shock towers and butchering some wish bones on It's not a direct copy of bens but isn't far off.

Old 22-11-2012

Ah going to use the rear plate from the x2c then :-). I tinkered with the idea but went with the flat chassis and carisma hangers so I could adjust anti squat.

You need to get an associated 72t iirc spur gear and slipper pads so the chunk shell fits. You'll need to turn down the ansmann slipper disks to fit.

You going for carisma suspension or modding the x2c stuff?

www.ModelCarParties.co.uk - Radio Controlled Car Racing Events - Kids Parties, Fetes, Exhibitions etc

www.ElliottsDrivingSchool.co.uk - driving lessons, trailer training, young driving experience (14+). Areas covered include - Huntingdon, Cambridge, Peterborough, Bedford and surrounding towns / villages.
Old 22-11-2012

I believe I'm going to go with the carisma wishbones as it would be easier to swap and stronger than modified x2c ones.

The main thing which has me stumped is the driveshafts, will I have to cut and shut the x2c ones or do anothig brands fit in the cups and stay in the regs for width?
Old 22-11-2012

I'd look at Schumacher TC stuff ... 5mm axles and alloy driveshafts ... easy peasy to shorten/lengthen ...

Nice work BTW .... looking forward to seeing it run ...
Old 23-11-2012

The carisma driveshafts fit with no mods :-)

www.ModelCarParties.co.uk - Radio Controlled Car Racing Events - Kids Parties, Fetes, Exhibitions etc

www.ElliottsDrivingSchool.co.uk - driving lessons, trailer training, young driving experience (14+). Areas covered include - Huntingdon, Cambridge, Peterborough, Bedford and surrounding towns / villages.
Old 28-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingben View Post
The carisma driveshafts fit with no mods :-)
Just discovered that the drive shafts for my LRP Shark also fit with no mods, so i can just use some my spares without having to shell out for new Carisma ones , which means i can use my spare alloy hubs and other bits and pieces

Now just to figure out where i can get some second hand Carisma front wishbones (unless someone knows how to effectivly shorten 1/10th wishbones which keeps them strong enough)?

Also mocked up the electrics, and its pretty tight but with a Low Profile servo then it will all fit fine
Old 28-11-2012

To shorten some 1/10 wishbones do what you do for the phat bodies chunk. They are b4 wishbones, and you simply chop the end off and drill a hole straight through each side. Dremel it down a bit, then put a part of the chopped off end back on for strength. You might need to fill it for a good fit, but its strong. Here are pics:
http://www.uk-microrc.co.uk/forum/in...howtopic=15269

By the way, good luck - it has made me want to do a micro b4.1 conversion!
Old 28-11-2012

I'd go for the B4 wishbones mod, the Carisma wishbones are a bit bendy to say the least ... and the B4 ones are rock solid ...
Old 29-11-2012

Played around with making shorter wishbones from my x2c. worked well but I'm going to redo them again anyways to make them neater. Rears will be done shortly