Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > I Made This !

Old 17-12-2012
Mad Member

That is fantastic - well done!!
Old 17-12-2012

Default some pics of the ramp mech fail

sorry guys just tried to upload some pics I took of the ramp mech etc for those that asked and it looks like they're all too higher res (I am a total technophobe!) will try to take some low-res ones and post again soon thanks again for all the positive comments, those alone should keep me going till 3am every night this week to get mkII finished for friday lol
Old 18-12-2012

Rich - do you have a 'Photobucket' account? Thats where I store my online pics, it seems to be able to accept my high-res images although I think it automatically re-sizes them to suit?

& with my Mini

Old 18-12-2012

Default cheers dan

thanks Dan, no dont have a photo bucket account - guess I'll have to create one, might have to get Donna to have a look as shes great at all that kind of stuff (to be honest I surprised myself at getting this thread going lol) got some low res pics of the ramp mech now so hopefully should be able to get some on (fingers crossed) for those interested Dan pics show really well how the MK1 doors worked - top left of the right hand door the band that pulls them closed is visible and on the other door you can see the tab at the bottom which holds them open till the ramp goes up. not pretty or scale but it worked well for a prototype. Mk11 doors are servo operated on a seperate channel (and there glazed like the propper coach) so should look so much better and not cause snagging on the ramp. also visible are the bands which were nessasary to help the struggling acoms servos to lift the ramp (but sadly stopped them from having enough power to drop it again).MK11 ramp has 2 x 13kg servos so should work as originally intended. thanks again for the pics Dan you can also see in Dans pic how short I was of time at the end off the build - the paint on the rear doors was still wet when I applied the weathering! thats why it looks like someone just wiped them through some mud! lol

Last edited by Compo; 18-12-2012 at 11:24 AM. Reason: adding
Old 18-12-2012

Default ramp mech shots

hopfully this works. some pics of the ramp mech in raised position and lowered position. again not pretty but it worked. the rods are old kite rods with M3 screw with the heads dremmelled off and epoxied into the end of the rods. This was by far the hardest part of the build trying to figure out the length and shape of the rods to get the amount of travel needed from standard servos to make the ramp work propperly
Attached Images
File Type: jpg detailed ramp mech 1.JPG (80.0 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg detailed ramp mech 2.JPG (79.4 KB, 28 views)
Old 18-12-2012

Default bands

the horizontal band looks like it isn't doing much work but this one comes into play when the ramp is fully raised and holds it tight agains the screw stopper on the ally roll bar to stop the ramp jiggling about when raised
Old 18-12-2012

Default doors off

"Your only supposed to blow the bl##dy doors off!!!, oh, my apoligies you have!" Mk1 doors off ready for Mk11's
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blow doors off 1.JPG (79.9 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg blowdoors off 2.JPG (77.8 KB, 25 views)
Old 18-12-2012

Love it !!!

We have been doing this at Modelworld in Brighton for the last few years using Mardave running gear in the coach and Mardave Mini's

We manage to get all 3 Minis in almost every time we run, with less than 10mm extra width.

http://youtu.be/l3fREG7Grnk
Old 18-12-2012

Default cool

thats cool . Funny enough I stumbled across another vid of this coach when we got back from JEA and I was looking through youtube to see if any spectators had uploaded footage. The vid in my link is how it all started for us, I built an artic out of an old lorry shell I had and a losi xxxs, then built a box trailor out of card and gaffer tape to run in a caravan race my club held, part way through the build I realised we may be able to get a car or two in there. another club member bought the cd along and the next thing you know I'm building a coach to do it propper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thxMdtffltM

Last edited by Col; 18-12-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Old 18-12-2012

Default MKII launch posponed lol

well just delayed the 1st run of the MKII coach as I just have to much on with family to spend the time and do it properly. However this does give me time to include the details which would not have been possible in the time avaliable no matter how much coffee I drank or sleep I lost (sleep depravation and scalples dont really mix well anyway lol) new stuff includes...
Fully detailed interior with strip lighting, blind behind driver and sunvisor(bought the paint and the vinyl covered diary to hack up for the drivers seat today, £8.66 added to the total cost lol)
Animated driver and steering wheel.(still a question mark on this one - dont want to but too many amps through my rx, as that'll make it 9 servo in all, but might run 2 rx's and share the load)
New chrome hubcaps.
Full lighting kit including leds in the rear doors.
The bloke hanging out the back guiding the minis in when the doors are open.
All the scale details I left off the Mk1 prototype - skylights, signwriting, GB etc on rear doors, mirrors, drivers door and passenger door....
...and a partidge in a pear tree lol. for now heres the low res pics of the ramp etc for those that are interested. thanks again and will have pics of the MKII doors tomorrow
Attached Images
File Type: jpg door mech 1.JPG (83.2 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg door mech 2.JPG (82.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg ramp mech.JPG (96.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg ramp mech 2.JPG (81.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg ramp mech rear view.JPG (79.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg ramp mech up.JPG (80.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg ramp mech up better.JPG (82.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg ramp open view.JPG (80.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg ramp open view down.JPG (79.2 KB, 14 views)
Old 21-12-2012

Default The "Equestrian" Job lol

Took a break from the coach last night to make this for my daughter to enter in tonights caravan race at our local club. The ramp does lower, so if only I could make the horses rc we could re-enact some sort of "equetrian job" lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg the equestrian job.JPG (91.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg the equestrian job (1).JPG (83.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg the equestrian job (2).JPG (95.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg the equestrian job (3).JPG (84.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg the equestrian job (4).JPG (83.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg the equestrian job (5).JPG (92.5 KB, 6 views)