Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > I Made This !

Old 16-12-2012

Default 1/12 Italian Job Coach scratch build for fun

Hi Guys this is my 1st post so I hope it works and doesn't annoye anyone? I do race 1/10 tourers but I also enjoy scratch building too... so heres a little something I knocked up for a demo my local club put on, hope you like it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yRe32tZY7Eput

Last edited by Col; 16-12-2012 at 09:04 PM.
Old 16-12-2012
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Old 16-12-2012

cool, when you collect all cars... RUUUN dude
df-03
Old 16-12-2012

Nice one rich ,are you bringing it next friday??
Old 16-12-2012

thats super cool. can you show some pics of how you get the ramp and doors to work please?
(> <)
This is harold. Help Harold spread happyness by posting him to your sig.
Old 16-12-2012
Super Moderator

Needs some gold in the back to get the rear end to slide in the corners like the film
Old 16-12-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

That's brilliant

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Autocare, unit 5 candleby Court, Cotgrave NG123RT.
Old 16-12-2012

Default cheers guys

thanks for the comments guys, I didn't leave many details before as this was my first ever post and thread on a forum and I wasn't sure if it would work or if I done it correctly lol, @ Tain, yep the MkII coach should be at kmcc on fri (new doors, ramp, scale details and lights) but I still have loads to do so lots of coffee and 3am finishes ahead - just like the run up to JAE then really! lol) for those that want better detailed shots I'll post some this week along with all the new stuff thats happening to it. because of a very tight budget the ramp only went up and closed the doors and was lowered manually before each run as I only had 2 worn out standard acoms servos and couldn't make it come down aswell with the torque avaliable. the whole coach is build from scraps I had lying around the only new part was a 55t crawler motor as the jonson 540 didn't like hauling a coach that weighed 10k with 3 minis onboard around and bought the project to a standstill - literally! more details about ramp etc to follow...cheers again guys
Old 16-12-2012

current running gear...
Gearbox and rear axle - rear end of TL-01 with front half removed just ahead of motor
Front axles - widend TL-01 wishbones hubs etc with driveshafts removed
Motor and esc - ansmann 55t + viper rv11 esc
Chassis - mostly offcuts of ally I had lying around - theres even a door thresthold in there somewhere lol
Car deck - the ply from the back of my daughters chest of drawers!
Cab - some offcuts foam I asked the builders down the road for
Rear section of body - some old 6mm depron from an old aero project
Windows and Windscreen - cokebottles
Wheels n tyres - old tourer wheels with 80mm foam plane tyres with the centres cut out so they'd fit on the tc wheels
Paint - dulux testers I had around mixed to the right colour
4 old standard servos for steering and ramp
Sorry I lied- looking back on that list it wasn't just the motor I purchased, I also bought the tyres (£15 all in) and a pot of red paint for the roof (£4) some silver card for the details (79p) and 2 torches from poundland for the lights... still a pretty tight budget tho
The ramp holds the doors open when its down (they're on rubber bands which pull them closed) so when the ramp is raised on the 3rd channel the doors close behind it.
Old 17-12-2012

Love that, awesome job and seem to drive real well
Old 17-12-2012

Send a message via MSN to metalmickey0

That is awesome. Will it 3 Minis in it thought? as only seen two tc around
Old 17-12-2012

hold on lads i've got an idea

so cool
Old 17-12-2012

Default will it take 3? handling

Yep it handles really nicely (which was a shock) and when it had a pt in it actually posted some very repectable lap times lol (for a bus), thinking about putting a 13.5t spare novak ss in it for a laugh and racing it at the next fun night at our club!. Yeah Its been designed to take 3 tamiya minis in short wheelbase and still has room for 2 swb and 1 lwb mini if needs be (one of our club members runs lwb with a civic shell) sadly we only had 2 at that event as a member from another club couldn't make it and one of the two broke early on so thats why theres only one in the vid hopefully should have three for this fridays fun meet. It was also designed to take 2 tc's (so my kids could have a go as we dont own any minis) with room to spare (for the pallet of gold maybe lol) but the ramp is only 205mm wide so its tricky thats why theres a few mistakes in the vid as that was our first go at getting tc's in and with only 5mm room for error each side it was hard work especially standing side on 10 yards away with onlookers adding to the pressure! so the tc drivers did amazingly well all considered (and the orange one was on drift tyres lol)
Old 17-12-2012

I really does need to be seen to be believed, an incredible bit of kit which as Rich says he created for next to no cost (financial cost anyway, the hours of labour involved is another matter). It cruised round our make shift track effortlessly and was brilliant fun attempting to load the cars in the back. *shameless plug time* here's the link to the event write up in which the coach featured which has a few more pictures included in the slideshow http://www.ketteringmcc.co.uk/jae_2012.html I also have some video from onboard one of the cars being loaded into the coach, i'll get it clipped and uploaded.
Old 17-12-2012

This really is a cool creation! Glad you've decided to share it with the guys n' gals on Oople Rich

So I'd better make sure my Mini is operational for Friday's meeting then?!
Old 17-12-2012

Default thanks again guys

hello Adam and Dan (adam = driver of orange drift car in vid and DerbyDan = driver of orange mini in vid) in all honesty I dont want to kiss too much a##e but none of the construction would have meant anything without a team of superb drivers to pilot the cars going in the back throughout the display the only one that stuggled a bit was me when I had a go and Rob drove the bus (I was driving the 90's Laguna replica that stuttered alot lol) the coach is currently on the kitchen table having the old doors "blown off" to fit propper glazed items so for those that are interested once I've sussed how to add a few pics I'll post them with details of how it all works for anyone whos interested or wants to replicate it. theres also an articulated lorry with cars being loaded in which I modded to run with a losi xxxs for power which kinda started all this a year ago which I'll try n post a vid or pics of
Old 17-12-2012

Here you go, a very quick edit of the onboard camera footage from the chase car driving into the back of the coach http://youtu.be/ZxJ8-ybBwHU
Old 17-12-2012

Love it
Old 17-12-2012

Default @Adam B

nice one Adam. P.s those horrible lacky bands to help the poor old acoms servos raise the ramp which kept snagging the wheel arches wont be there on the mkII yey!
Old 17-12-2012

Fav rc car of 2012!