Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > I Made This !

Old 07-02-2008

Send a message via AIM to annie_himself

I would have been ok in a small box, but something that could flex so much wasn't the best idea.
The first idea sounds the best right now.
Old 11-02-2008

Send a message via AIM to EDS Send a message via MSN to EDS Send a message via Yahoo to EDS

I think what I am leaning towards is getting a new sheet of g10.Go to a middle motor set up like b44 and bj4 that can use both t4 suspension set up and a-arms AND my hinge pinless system so you can use either and on top of that you can turn it into a regular rear motor layout with a reg side by side pack like a tc3.All on one chassis.
Old 23-02-2008

Send a message via AIM to EDS Send a message via MSN to EDS Send a message via Yahoo to EDS

I'm still waiting for my broken chassis to be sent so that I can design the new one but in the mean time I found out that a friend of mine will be giving me a vxl esc and mamba 5700 for free.So that will go in this.
Old 24-02-2008

thats a nice frend yo got there.
Keep us posted.
Old 25-02-2008

OH yea he is nice. He is getting out of the hobby so on top of that he gave me hoped up stampede, mint factory B4, Factory t3, and a rc10, mrc 989,mx3 radio, tons of tires ,parts, tools, magazines, etc etc
Old 26-02-2008

Oh and EDS is going to give me the B4 because I deserve it. Right?
Old 01-03-2008
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Tom3012

anymore news or pics?? i have just started the prototype for my new project... your car just made me wana go make another

Atomic Carbon S2, S44, Vega B4.1

Trader feedback: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19374
Old 01-03-2008

Unfortunatly I don't have much news or updates. The broken chassis still hasn't come So i can't make any progress until it comes. In the mean time I am working on a few other projects...
Old 24-03-2008

Its been awhile since I have updated you guys. Lately I haven't been able to make a new chassis but I have been doing alot of thinking,brainstorming, and designing.I have actually been thinking about making a new thread for this project becuase its almost 20 pages long now and not many people want to read all that. Also everything that I have done for Version 2 has to be redesigned and re-cut.I Took one step forward and it sent me 10 back with the last chassis getting broken.. It sort of frustrates me but at the same time it forced me to look at the TR3 in a new way and come up with solutions to the problems and it is helping me to design and build a even better and more innovative truck.

Just thought I would mention that after much thought I have decided to cut a new chassis. This chassis will let me have the option of having a mid motor set up like a B44,BJ4WE,D4,etc or I can switch to a regular set up like a tc3 or BJ4 with a sidexside down one side and the motor and electronics on the other. I won't have to switch the chassis or upper deck if I want to switch back and forth.I will also be able to use the same slipper clutch for both layouts. Also with this chassis I can use either my hingepinless design or it is capadible with a suspension type like a T4. Using T4 a-arms and regular hubs Using T4 a-arms and regular hubs that can be bought off the shelf. SO there will be alot of options built into the chassis.I'm going to order the G10 tomarrow for the Chassis Be looking for updates soon.
Old 03-04-2008

I'd rather have a b44/bj4we lay-out... if these type of 1/10 truggys hit the shops.

seem like a better idea IMO.
might be wurth gettin' a second hand b44 or bj4we to do it with.
and you should deff use the t4 amrs/wheels & tyres.
& I'd loose the Revo type suspentions keep it simple for now.

Can't wait to see your progress.
Old 04-04-2008

I'd rather have the BJ4WE layout too. But some people don't want to mess with saddle packs so thats why I am making the chassis adaptable with both.

It has t4 wheels. I also am making it so that I can use T4 a-arms and rear hubs with some type of front hub. But it will also be able to use my suspension a-arms and ntc3 hubs which I will be using.

As far as the laydown suspension. I already have all the parts...I already have most of the parts made. The version 1 was simple.
Old 10-05-2008

Ofcourse..I haven't ordered the G10 yet.. :/ I don't have enough money for shipping lol and everybody keeps backing out of my deals. But I thought I would stop buy and show you a drawing that I did and also the touring car shocks that I picked up. Alot of people have been recommending touring car shocks to me.Also I have included a picture of the rear hub set up (notice the Proline Step Pins also, no more huge mashers). With the rear hubs I made slight modification to the pivot ball holes so that they would allow for more travel. I also filed down the top of the hubs where the turnbuckle screws in to make it flat instead of having it be slanted down. I won't be using traditional ball cup turnbuckle ends but instead screw in types. I just hate having to pop on and off the ball cups. I also hate when they pop off in the middle of a bash session or a race.

Old 22-06-2008

. I still don't have a new sheet of G10 for the new chassis but I am getting close to ordering it. In the mean time I have been working on finishing up the hubs and started work on the a-arm mounts. The original plan was to send drawings to my friend in California for him to make me mounts out of aluminum. After looking at the plans I figued that they would be accurate enough for him to build them and for them to fit with out me modifiying them. Also the alumium would make the mounts very heavy and perhaps too strong. So after many hours of ideas , designing and modifying I came up with these:

They fit under the differentials like this...

These actually took quiet awhile to make and still need to be perfected. The pivot ball housings are cut off of NTC3 hub carriers. I had to drill holes in the them for two long screws to go through the whole thing on each end of each housing. The screws clamp together all the compartments to hold the pivot balls in place. In order to make sure the caps did not get over tightened which would prevent the pivot balls to move freely I put spacers under the caps. I even had to grind the spacers down so they would fit. Overall I am very pleased with this set-up and I am excited to hook it up to a-arms.

The other parts I have been working on are the hub carriers. For the front and rear I had to figue out the spaceing with the cvds. In the front I used a 4mm brushing on the inside of the carrier and a small washer and Cone washer on the outside creating just enough room for the pin to go through the axle. With the rear hubs I made slight modification to the pivot ball holes so that they would allow for more travel. I also filed down the top of the hubs where the turnbuckle screws in to make it flat instead of having it be slanted down. I won't be using traditional ball cup turnbuckle ends but instead screw in types. I just hate having to pop on and off the ball cups. I also hate when they pop off in the middle of a bash session or a race. For the spacing I had to file down the 4mm brushings to be more like 2mm. What a pain. Then I put Associated aluminum axle spacer on the outside.

Front Hubs:

Rear Hubs:

The rear a-arm mounts, Hubs,and Differential posing:

Peace,
Ethan
Team Kassanova
Old 23-06-2008
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Tom3012

great work! i cant wait to see it when the build is more advanced

Atomic Carbon S2, S44, Vega B4.1

Trader feedback: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19374
Old 27-06-2008

Thanks! and the build shall advance soon....

I also have a small update but a very exciting one never the less. I have been browsing ebay lately. I decided to look up some carbon fiber just to see if they had any good deals. I came apon aton of listings from a artist that bought alot of cutoff's and was selling for cheap after getting out bid on 2 sheets I finally email him and we work out a sweet deal on a 24"x24" 2.7mm thick piece of carbon fiber. Its 2x2 twill weave and best part it is black and blue. He says its a "scrap" piece and has marks on it (see pics) but I think it should still look very nice on my projects.Oh and a price on this great sheet $45 shipped.Forget the G10!

When I get the sheet I will start on the upper and lower chassis's. I will also be trying to order a piece of 3/8" lexan for the a-arms soon.

Peace,
Ethan
Team Kassanova
Old 30-06-2008

Thought I would share some pics of the drawings/designs I have been working on. The objective is to create a design that’s light, strong ,flows nicely, and fits together like a puzzle.
Lower and Upper Chassis

Top: The design for the rear.
On the left:Front Shock mount, Rear rocker mount/turnbuckle mount
On the right: Front Rocker mount/ upper a-arm mount
Old 09-07-2008

cool what type of wheels do you use 2.2s
Old 13-07-2008

Yes, I think he's tried wheeler tires too.
Old 13-07-2008

Yea I am using 2.2 tires and wheels just like a regular stadium truck.

The carbon came a couple of days ago. It was pretty sweet it came on my birthday. Unfortunatly its only glossy on one side. Which is disappointing so I will put the non-glossy side on the bottom. I started cutting the main chassis the day before yesterday and finished it for the most part yesterday. I also started the upper chassis yesterday. I will post pics when I finished the upper and lower.

I was looking over the designs to finalize them and I was sorta playing with the slipper clutch. I put the slipper clutch in the diff case and then for some reason I flipped it backwards. I got a quick idea and after a couple shims I found that if I where to flip the slipper backwards that the spacing works perfectly and that it pushes the spur gear forward about 1/2". This allows for more material to be in between the rear of the chassis (where it gets narrow) and the spur hole. Greatly strengthening the rear of the chassis which is where I was having problems with my earlier chassis design with the Tc3 type of layout (motor in the rear and battery on opposite side) So then I was faced with a decision... to stick with a saddle pack/mid motor layout or go back to the side-by-side pack/rear motor layout. I couldn't decide so I figured I would just design the lower chassis to be able to accommodate both layouts.
Old 14-07-2008

I deff. need to see this.