Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > I Made This !

Old 22-01-2009

Send a message via AIM to annie_himself

That picture is a little dark. I can't see it.
lol

You should send me a PM so I can see it before they can.
Old 26-01-2009

Send a message via AIM to EDS Send a message via MSN to EDS Send a message via Yahoo to EDS

Well since you are the owner of the company.. I guess I am intitled too send you pics before anybody else haha.

I'm looking to have this finished by the end of the week I just am waiting on few things and I have some small stuff to finish up.
Oh thought I might share the new Team Kassanova Logo as well..

Ethan
Team Kassanova
Old 13-02-2009

Send a message via AIM to EDS Send a message via MSN to EDS Send a message via Yahoo to EDS

I apologize for not giving you guys an update though much progress has been made on the buggy. I successfully had the buggy in running condition by the biggest race in the state. I raced the buggy in it and my goal was just to finish one race. Unfortunately, I was not able to achieve this goal becuase of minor issues such as Cvds popping out, motor mount moving, motor getting too hot , etc. I ended up taking the rear end completely apart 3 times during the race. I have been working to resolve these problems and I think they will be taken care of after a few small tweaks here and there along with a few aluminum parts that will be coming soon. Any way though its about 98% done I just have a few small touch ups and setting up to do along with extensive testing. Here are some pictures of it 98%. When its a 100% I will be having even better pictures taken by a friend of mine. Along with a video of a racer friend of mine driving it. The future for this machine is unsure but it got aton of weird stares and alot of attention at the race. After I get the aluminum motor mount and custom modified Cva's and get some extra parts this is going to be shipped down to Florida for a photo shoot and testing and then up to Michigan for more testing and a video. Enough of me talking and on to the pictures. I would like to thank my friend Kyle for painting me up the body

Ethan
Team Kassanova

Old 14-02-2009

Looks awesome EDS. If you want to send one to me in Australia for testing i would be more than happy to test it for you...
Old 14-02-2009

Thanks. Wow Australia is a long way from here.. Shipping would be crazyy and I'm afraid my one of a kind car would get lost on the way. Thanks though!
Old 14-02-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Garry Driffill

I like it! - Any video of it on track?
Old 15-02-2009

thanks! No videos of it yet. I will be getting a video soon though when I send it to a friend of mine who is a great racer.
Old 16-02-2009

oh my god.....awesome!!!
Old 18-02-2009

Holy damn Ethan. You should get it sent to me first, before (Joe?) Florida! My XSi would kill that. Oh my!
Old 19-02-2009

Lukass: Thanks. Glad you like it

Annie: Haha mmmhm like I would trust you with it. Not sending it with any electronics so it wouldn't do you much good anyway. I'm actually sending it to this guy named Jeff in Florida for pics and testing. Then to Chewie for more testing. That way it will get the Team Kassanova name out there and show off my work around the country Ultimately my goal is to get in a magazine. I'm thinking about sending you a "Team Kassanova" shirt though when I get more made? Like the new logo? Thats what is on the shirts

Ethan
Team Kassanova
Old 19-02-2009

Lookin' good Ethan!

3OTB
WebRoaming
Radio Control Tech
Old 20-02-2009

I just want to admire it. LOL
Text me how I can get in contact with Jeff. And, yea I'd love a shirt.
Old 03-04-2009

Bigwrenn: Thanks

Annie: Once I finish Version 2 and get everything running I might consider letting you admire it lol

Since my last update I have been busy with School,work,running track,and ofcourse spending time with my girlfriend. I haven't had much time to work on r/c's but I'm on spring break right now so I have gotten a chance to catch up with this project along with others.Last couple of days I have started to plan out how to fix the problems that I was having at the track a couple months ago. I finally got this thing torn down to inspect for where my problems where coming from. After tearing it down I have realized that major changes need to be made and my current design can not offer these solutions.. thus I have started to plan Version 2.

If you prefer to not read all the boring details please scroll down and read the bolded section to find the main points and changes that will be made.

The problems that I experienced wile testing for the first time included:
-Motor getting so hot the wires came unsoldered
This later was fixed by installing a larger spur gear and smaller pinion. I will continue to research a desired FDR but a brushless esc and motor should help with this problem.

-Cvd's popping out of the outdrives
The angle of the cvd going down from the outdrive to the hub carrier was too great when the a-arms are parellel to the ground causing a large amount of "plunge" in the outdrive during down travel and up-travel. At full down travel this causes the Cvd to come out of the outdrive while the full up travel cannot be achieved becuase the end of the cvd hits the end of the outdrive.

-Un-realiable gear mesh
-weak rear chassis plate
These two problems go hand and hand. Both have to do with the weakness of the rear chassis plate and how it was mounted. I made a seperate carbon fiber rear chassis plate so if the rear of the chassis broke this is the only part that would need to be replaced instead of the entire chassis. Unfortunatly the way I mounted the piece to the main chassis caused alot of flex and movement. When landing from jumps the gear-mesh was up-set. Partly this may be becuase of the motor mount but it might also because of the movement and flexibility in this area.

-Bump-steer
Caused by a difference of angles and heights between the servo saver and the steering blocks.

-bottoming out front end
Even with my stiffest touring car springs up front the front kept bottoming out even when dropped from a foot or so. There is too much leverage in the rockers.

Though these problems maybe small ones they kept me from being able to run the car and are caused by major design flaws. My plan of action to eliminate thoughs problems are quiet exstinsive and will require a re-design of most of the car. This is a major set back but I am finding it is part of making custom cars.

Plans for the Team Kassanova K2 V2 are as follows:
-Laydown Suspension
-Entire new chassis/components
-Team Associated Gt2 front chassis plate and bulkhead along with all the steering components.
-B44 Slipper clutch
-Custom made body
-B44 Rear end
-Electronic/motor layout similar to the B44 but more specifically the Bj2se which is seen in this forum and also seen in this picture:

The Gt2 front end,New layout, and B44 rear end will require a completely new upper and lower chassis along with many other associated parts like rocker mounts. Yes, I the new version will have laydown shocks in the front and rear.

The Gt2 front end will add durability and eliminate most of the bump steer because the servo saver/steering is at an angle. This also eliminates the modifications that I had to do to the b4 a-arms to fit the T3 bulkhead.

The B44 Slipper clutch will fix the problems I was having with the motor mount and will spin more free than the Tc3”0” slipper clutch and it will also be more adjustable.

The new electronic layout and b44 rear end are my solutions to the Weak rear chassis plate, inconsistent gear mesh, and cvd plunge. All these problems go hand and hand along with the solutions. The b44 rear chassis plate will be much stronger than my carbon rear plate and is much easier replaced. This will also solve any other gear mesh problems I was having caused by the flex in my rear plate and how it was mounted . This requires a B44 differential case that would lower the clutch too lower and cause the spur gear to stick out of the bottom of the car if I used the same motor and clutch location as my last design. Thus I have to move the motor forward on the chassis so that the spur can be at the right height. The B44 diff case and will lower the differential and decrease the angle that the Cvd’s are at thus decreasing the Cvd plunge.

After trying to bolt too bodies together (b4 and xxx-4) I have decided to make my own body. The body shown in my pictures worked well but it turned out to be very hard to paint and I feel making my own body will be a nice challenge and will help make this project more professional.

To conclude this giant mess of words I’m redesigning most of this project. And I have found that this is a part of engineering and making your own cars. There is a lot of trial and error that must take place. In the end though I believe these major changes should give me an over all better car that will handle better, be more durable, and be more reliable. I will be inputting more factory made parts and this should help with the problems I have been having and make part replacement much easier.

Ethan
Team Kassanova.
Old 12-05-2009

I'm so proud. This car will be the shit. God I wish I could build again..