Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 12-12-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default The Ultimate Charger: ELAN R X2

Yesterday I picked up a new charger from MB Models, the Elangears ELAN R X2. It's an independent dual channel (2 in 1) charger, with built in power supply, so runs off 100-240V AC and 11-16vDC. I believe it's the most powerful AC powered dual charger available. The first channel (charger) is 10A/120W and the second channel is 15A/180W output. It has a 10A/12v DC power output to run external chargers/soldering iron/tyre warmers/tyre truers/pit lights, etc, and USB 5Vdc 1.5A output for mobile charging/mp3/ipad and pit lights.
It supports all major battery types: lipo, li-ion, life, nimh, nicad, pb and can also discharge at 7A.
The charger software features various charge, discharge storage programs, along with battery management and smart charge modes. It's not just a clone of the common 4 button chargers, far more advanced.
Really happy with is as all the other high spec dual charges I've looked at required external PSU and a huge clutter of wires and stuff on the pit table. This is super clean and tidy in a self contained unit.
More info and specs here: http://www.elangears.com/?page_id=78...preview_id=789

I took some photos:

Single channel and DC only units are also available, along with a nice range of accessories and leads: http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php...t/?q=Elangears
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 12-12-2013

Great chager! It's in my 2014 wish list since teh first time i saw it.
Please keep us updated on how it perform.
Bye.
WWD
Old 12-12-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Thanks I will. Just tested it last night with one pack to charge and then storage discharge it.
I'll use it in anger at the weekend.

The higher power output will also be good for my 3S and 4S packs for my quadcopters. My previous 50W charger is a bit lacking when doing the higher capacity packs.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 12-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwillydriver View Post
Great chager! It's in my 2014 wish list since teh first time i saw it.
Please keep us updated on how it perform.
Bye.
WWD
im in the same boat would like to know how it performes and it is also on my 2014 wish list

i only need a chager and some spare parts for my 4wd 1/10 and im all ready to go

BTW. Neallewis Are you gonna run your BMAX4 III this weekend?
Old 12-12-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dMITIj View Post
im in the same boat would like to know how it performes and it is also on my 2014 wish list

i only need a chager and some spare parts for my 4wd 1/10 and im all ready to go

BTW. Neallewis Are you gonna run your BMAX4 III this weekend?
I'm running the XB4 at York. Bmax 4iii is on my desk nearly built. Need to get my body over to my painter AndyS, who has just done my new colours. I could really do with a new ESC if I want to run the XB4 and BMAX 4 side by side and keep my bmax 2 running as well.
Old 12-12-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Ohhhhhh.

Neal - I was looking at this charger - but it was out of stock at MB, or rather awaiting stock.

Might get myself sorted for Xmas

Andy

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk
Old 12-12-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys View Post
Ohhhhhh.

Neal - I was looking at this charger - but it was out of stock at MB, or rather awaiting stock.

Might get myself sorted for Xmas

Andy
It's in stock now Andy. Perfect for the quad packs.
It really is a good piece of kit.
Old 13-12-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
It's in stock now Andy. Perfect for the quad packs.
It really is a good piece of kit.
Cheers Neal - I really want one - just need to find another £200 ish

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk
Old 15-12-2013

So did you get to use the charger this weekend? how do you like it?
Old 15-12-2013
No trade access

Really interested too.

Strangely it seems bigger in pictures compare to its size listed on the site.
Actual unit is rather small, isn't it ?
Old 16-12-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Listed dimensions are correct. It's actually quite compact, but solid and very well made. I'm very happy with it. Used it on both my 2S packs Saturday and 1S packs today. Charging at 8-10A. The smart charge mode ramps up the current as the cells need it and reduces the charge rate as they near complete charge. It seemed to balance my 2S packs perfectly. One was a bit out of balance and it sorted it out, but did take a bit longer than I expected. Balanced quicker on the next charge however. I've not yet used the battery management programs, but will do for next weekend. I'll take some photos of it on my pit table so you can get a real idea of its size.
Everyone who has seen it commented on how impressive it looked and expressed a desire to have one. I expect a few will be lucky on xmas morning, even if they do buy it themselves and hide the receipt ;-)
The single charger/psu unit is also impressive, and there is a tiny 12V only unit also if you already have a PSU,or want to buy their high spec external PSU.