Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 04-04-2013
Mad Member

The whole thing about the Cubed is that it's light. If you run shorty you will have to ballast it up to meet minimum weight.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 08-04-2013

Very eager to see the new car! Went to a 4wd regional at Coventry, broke a driveshaft on my B44 and pulled out my X6 Squared that I last used last summer. I popped it on the track and she kept up no problem in the B-final.

I'm so happy that I stuck with the X6. I got my F2 last year so looking forward to a National this year!
Supported by RC Disco and Team Powers UK
Favourite Model Shop....MB Models!
Old 08-04-2013
Mad Member

I saw it this weekend in Charleroi - Looks of the Finnisher shell aside, the car looks awesome and it seems to be going very well - I again heard the word 'nimble' pass, it really seemed to go very well!

Now I've seen it on astro, I'm curious what it's like on clay. I guess I'll probably see it again on the 20th of May on my (usually dusty) club track
Old 09-04-2013

its all well and good reading the good reports coming back about the cubed. But when can I go out and buy one. Regionals start in 2weeks. and i cant wait much longer. i mite have to sack the idea of a cubed off and go get my self a yokomo. come on X-Factory pull ur finger out and get this beast on modelshop shelfs !!!

Old 09-04-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty_big_flip View Post
its all well and good reading the good reports coming back about the cubed. But when can I go out and buy one. Regionals start in 2weeks. and i cant wait much longer. i mite have to sack the idea of a cubed off and go get my self a yokomo. come on X-Factory pull ur finger out and get this beast on modelshop shelfs !!!
Im pretty sure it's close judging from the ones I've seen running on the tracks. It is a shame they might miss the start of the season though. Lot of potential sales might be missed.

Car looks really nice though if you can wait
Old 09-04-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty_big_flip View Post
We are working on it and they are going as fast as they can. I have been told the bodyshell has been signed off this week (yesterday in fact), other parts have either been ordered from suppliers or are being made in house right now.... any more info than that and Chazz will have to come and do the updates on here...
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 09-04-2013
Mad Member

Orders for all the raw material were placed 5-10 days ago, depending on which item, including the largest batch of hardware we have ever ordered. Most items are shipping to us this week.

The aluminum parts are all sourced, and our preferred suppliers ready to start production early next week. Final C.A.D. is in their hands now. Parts must be production-sampled and approved, then produced, quality-checked, anodized, and shipped.

There are very many small changes in the car. In some cases it's to make the car faster, like a new motor plate that will lower the motor slightly.

We test extensively right in public before we release anything for you -- it's right or we don't do it. Testing has shown one Cubed part as originally designed sometimes breaks in a particular spot; I think 4-5 of the original 16 cars. So a new design of that part has been produced and is in testing now. The new part is 50% wider in the area that breaks and the whole thing is 25% thicker.

The body supplier was to be chosen last Friday, and that is the last news Darren had. However, an exciting possible supplier asked us to delay until yesterday so he could sharpen his pencil. Decision will be reached today and the O.E.M. contract awarded. Body design work will begin immediately.

Remember there is still much to do. Producing parts and putting Kits in boxes is only part of it. It takes me about a week to write the instruction manual, and I can't start until I have parts in my hands. Then another week to print the first batch.

We must have a final body in our hands, get it to the painter, get stickers for it, then get to a place where we can take photos. Then design the label, and have it printed.

When we first started X Factory back in 2003, who woulda thunk we would be publishing books and producing artwork? It all seemed so easy then...

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
Old 09-04-2013

Great news ;-)

Shelf queens Losi XX4 Worlds, XX-CR

Mid East Regionals - F3

Trader Feedback
Old 10-04-2013

Default no one whats to anwser the Q??????

i know this is the tread for the x6 3 but i seem to get no responce anywhere on the X7 release ??????

cant what for the new 2wd!!!

anyway is the X7 coming out this year or hav you run into a wall with the car as their has been no word about the car coming along!!!!!

and nothing has come out about it in a long time!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-04-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_doctor View Post
i know this is the tread for the x6 3 but i seem to get no responce anywhere on the X7 release ??????

anyway is the X7 coming out this year or hav you run into a wall with the car as their has been no word about the car coming along!!!!!

I saw an interview with Paul?, he said that once the x6 cubed is released they will be pressing full steam ahead with the 4wd. Wouldn't like to guess a timescale, but I'd like to think it would be this year
Old 10-04-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_doctor View Post

The X7 work is continuing in the back ground, but the X6 Cubed project has come to fore at present and has taken the immediete priority...

Dont forget it was you who said on this very forum just three months ago
Quote:
but with no big name drivers now on the team there will be limited development going on ......
we have seen nothing new for the x6 4 a long time ...
how about a 8mm chassie or something........ cant even get a forward cab body cant be that hard !!!!come on !!

the cars r just falling back.....

and now with the big E gone i dont see much happening at X Factory
dont get me wrong i love my X factory cars but with every other car maker is moving forward, it just makes it hard to get 100% out of an ageing chassie!
the last big win was over here at the Australian Titles 2012 winning Stock
In just three months since you wrote that there has been LOADS going on, started with Rich Lowe signing for the UK team, the X6 has been given a major update in the shape of the soon to be released Cubed (which will have the longer chassis you asked for, cab forward body too) lots of good race results all over globally and the X7 is still being worked on and updated in the background too (have a read of the latest interview with Paul on Live RC, lots of fresh info in that about lots of X-Factory related things....)
Old 15-04-2013

How did the cubed do at kiddy?

Mid East Regionals - F3

Trader Feedback
Old 15-04-2013

I was fortunate enough to testdrive Elvo's Cubed (thanks!) for a couple of laps at our local astro track (Kampenhout) ;

with simalar setup/tires the cubed felt lighter and more agressive, yet strikingly easy to drive...
i didn't really "feel" the extra millimeters (insert crappy joke) but i suspect it plays a role in that light-but-stable feel.

there's a few clever design ideas and details that make the chassis quite beautiful and definitely trigger the *WANT* factor

nice job guys

i really admire your genuinely different approach to car design
Old 15-04-2013

CHEERS THXS!!!!

sounds like the roll is much better in and out of the corners.....AS if the car was slow through the corners to start with!!!!
the car has always been fast here and now its faster sounds good!!!!!!
Old 16-04-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDG 40 View Post
How did the cubed do at kiddy?
Very well to be honest. Sadly we could not squeeze one in the A, but Rich Lowe qualified mid B final with Dan Greenwood and Dave Orbell not too far behind.

Car performed well on the ever changing track conditions and responded well to changes we made for the wet, then dry, then slimy conditions...
Old 16-04-2013

Thankyou

Im presuming those changes will be kept safe for buyers to look over when released.

Mid East Regionals - F3

Trader Feedback
Old 16-04-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDG 40 View Post
Thankyou

Im presuming those changes will be kept safe for buyers to look over when released.
Naturally... all set ups we get will be readily available either from ourselves, the X-Factory website and also I expect a good starting set up or two will be included in the kit manual too for both here in the UK (grass/astro) and also on dirt etc (in the US)
Old 19-04-2013
Mad Member

New video up now of Paul and Team driver Dan Reino at Thunder R/C in Nashville, Tennessee with their X - 6 Cubes. It's the A qualifier with rounds 3 and 4 spliced together. Paul points out where his car is not quite right in Q3 and talks about what he did to make it better, then shows it better in Q4 where he lowers TQ by 6 seconds!

Watch the engineer/driver think and work to go even faster. It's a Paul's insights video.

http://xfactoryrc.com/rc/Videos-Paul.php

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
Old 20-04-2013

I have been thinking about getting a 2WD for indoor racing for a while and having seen the cubed at DMS over the last couple of months an X6 it has to be.

What will be the best way to get into one? Should I get a used B4.1/2 or try to get an old X6 or squared and then upgrade to cubed spec.

Advice please?
Old 20-04-2013
Mad Member

I'd get a squared and start racing it ASAP. Then UpGrade to the Cubed. Best place to get a Cubed is from your L.H.S. All hobby store orders will be filled before we release the Cubed on our retail web site, so you'll get one quickest that way. Please bug the owner of your L.H.S. twice every day from now on about how you need six Cubes!

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com