Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North West

Old 19-05-2011

Default south lakes regional may 22nd

We will booking in from 7.30am . Please try and have the correct change and your brca card with you at booking in . We are aiming to try and get racing as soon as everyone has booked in aiming for 9 to 9.30 am

There will be a practice after booking in .

Please no gennys of pa before 9.30 am please

la9 5bp for you sat nav users Vicarage Park school kendal

from the A591 take the kendal south exit just aft the petrol stations and follow the road in to town just aft the first set of lights the collage is on the left take the first left next to the callage n the school is halfway up the hill on the left hand side

look for the white arrows at side of the road
Old 20-05-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

How much is booking in?
Old 20-05-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislong View Post
How much is booking in?
Wasn't it £7.00 chris.
Old 20-05-2011

Also, have the current standings for the NW regional series been posted anywhere yet?
Cheers

Old 20-05-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Whats chances of this getting rained off? Petrol isn't cheap, and I don't want to waste it for nothing. I know it could be nice yet, but if its not .... forecasts are varying so much for sunday.
Old 20-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugboy View Post
Also, have the current standings for the NW regional series been posted anywhere yet?
Cheers
PM your regional rep. Stu Evans
Old 20-05-2011

looks like we might be in for a few showers, but we'll be doing our best to keep running around any, little bit of rain makes it good fun anyway
Old 20-05-2011
Mad Member

What tyre do you run in the wet there cheers.
Old 20-05-2011

ballistic buggy minispikes on the rear, and shu minispikes front is a good start, 2 rows up front get used sometimes, but tends to be understeer, easy to drive
Old 20-05-2011

Also just to remind everyone, it's no longer pre booking, it'll be first come first served, from 7.30 but we should have everyones details now
free practice should be open at the same time too, but please book in before you practice, and please keep to 5 mins, then go to the back of the que and give everyone else a chance

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68150
Old 21-05-2011
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugboy View Post
Cheers
If I remember to copy the data base on Sunday, I can work something out next week
(I did offer to help Stu with this one, and then err...forgot sorry )
Old 21-05-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRick View Post
Also just to remind everyone, it's no longer pre booking, it'll be first come first served, from 7.30 but we should have everyones details now
free practice should be open at the same time too, but please book in before you practice, and please keep to 5 mins, then go to the back of the que and give everyone else a chance

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68150
If its first come first served, How many drivers are you catering for?

It was once said to me, if you light the blue touch paper you need to stand well back[/CENTER]
Old 21-05-2011

If we can fit 11 drivers on the "rostrum" we'll be able to run 11 heats, so that's 121 drivers so i would think we'll get everyone in that turns up!
Old 21-05-2011
Mad Member

The weather forcast for today / tomorrow isnt good according to the metoffice..Heavy rain overnight + high winds and temps are down.. so the chance of drying out quick arnt good...

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/...t_weather.html

I would say heavy rain + grass doesnt work?

I presume you will keep us informed as i dont as im sure other won't want to make a wasted journey

Come on Sunshine!

Old 21-05-2011

heavy rain and grass isn't normaly any more of a problem than it is on astro, plus there's less chance of puddles, especialy as we're on a slope, just makes a bit of a mess, lets hope the worst we get is a couple of showers
Old 21-05-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRick View Post
heavy rain and grass isn't normaly any more of a problem than it is on astro, plus there's less chance of puddles, especialy as we're on a slope, just makes a bit of a mess, lets hope the worst we get is a couple of showers
Muddy..and no fun Astro in the wet is fine..drains well etc

Like ive said if you can keep us up to date with weather reports that would be great
Old 21-05-2011
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

if it first come first served im expecting alot of unhappy people,60 miles for us, i know people coming 80+ miles and cnt get there till after 8am i hope your going to hold the places they think they have from preb ooking in???
Old 21-05-2011

it wasn't our decision to put a stop to pre booking in, and it was probably caused by drivers complaining about missing out on southport. i'd be suprised if we have to turn anyone away even if we end up adding extra heats
Old 21-05-2011

I will be there, rain or shine, mud or no mud. I'm sure the southlakes guys are more than capable of accommodating everyone that turns up, batley had a great smooth meeting. And I'm sure south lakes will too. The guys are well organized, don't stress them out with what if questions. It's Gunna be a great day.
Old 21-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswilkinson7 View Post
I will be there, rain or shine, mud or no mud. I'm sure the southlakes guys are more than capable of accommodating everyone that turns up, batley had a great smooth meeting. And I'm sure south lakes will too. The guys are well organized, don't stress them out with what if questions. It's Gunna be a great day.

I agree with you James.

No-one has a crystal ball as to how many will turn up or what the weather will be like. If there are a few showers, they will probably not last very long and it will not be the first time the majority of you have raced in a few drops of rain so it should not deter you from supporting the Club. Anyway - when are the weather forecasts every right?

A lot of preparation goes into organising meetings - and usually by the same few club members - do your bit - get there on time to book in and give your support during the day to allow everything to run smoothly.

You could also help with the track at the end of the meeting and the last thing you can do - take your rubbish home with you and not leave it behind for club members to have to pick it up after you - which is what some of you did at the Batley meeting - straight across from race control - you know who you are!!

Good luck South Lakes!