Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > West Bridgford Model Car Club

Old 17-04-2012

Thumbs up Noob needs help... Tyre suggestion for 2wd buggies on carpet?

Hi everyone, just about to start up again after semi retirement going for a 2wd buggy

What is the general consensus on tyres? I think it's schumacher mini pins but which colour blue or yellow I'm confused
Old 17-04-2012

Yellow pins on the back.

Yellow pins, cut stagger ribs or stagger ribs on the front depending on how much steering you like (from most to least as I've written them).

Also, you can use mini spikes in yellow too if you find pins too aggressive.

There are other tyres out there too (dBoots Terrabyte and Nanobyte) that can be used on carpet.
Old 17-04-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by c7borg View Post
Hi everyone, just about to start up again after semi retirement going for a 2wd buggy

What is the general consensus on tyres? I think it's schumacher mini pins but which colour blue or yellow I'm confused
Quote:
Originally Posted by i4n View Post
Yellow pins on the back.

Yellow pins, cut stagger ribs or stagger ribs on the front depending on how much steering you like (from most to least as I've written them).

Also, you can use mini spikes in yellow too if you find pins too aggressive.

There are other tyres out there too (dBoots Terrabyte and Nanobyte) that can be used on carpet.
Everything that i4n has said will work great on carpet.
I use staggers on the front and either mini pins or terrabytes on the rear but if you are thinking of racing with us at wbmcc we are moving to our outdoor venue for the 4th may in which case, you would be needing yellow mini spikes (dry) and ballistic greens (damp) on the rear and either staggers or mini spikes on the front

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Autocare, unit 5 candleby Court, Cotgrave NG123RT.
Old 17-04-2012

Excellent, thanks both..

Whlist I have an audience can you give me a little battery advice I'll be running a B4.1 RTR with the stock electrics would I be better getting a couple of 3000-4000 20C lipo battery or a single 5000 35C lipo?

Dave, yes certainly will be joining WBMCC, I might not make every meeting but it will certainly be my local club - I first got the bug at WBMCC 22 years ago racing down at the astroturf that used to be at wilford sports center. Not sure I'll still have the same reaction times though
Old 17-04-2012
Mad Member

I would say go for a pair of lower capacity LIPOS, that way you can run one and charge the other at the same time - the Intellect 4200 LIPOs are good value if you are happy to wait for postage from Hong Kong, or Dave should be able to do you a good deal on some alternatives.

A single 5000 should last you 2 races, but will not charge up in time for races 3 and 4.
Old 17-04-2012

+1 about the tyres.

Ideally its best to have two batteries, but I have 1 5800 and it usually lasts a club meet, unless we have practice breaks in between heats it lasts until the last lap of the last round haha.

There was a guy on ebay selling Intellect batteries in the UK but can't seem to find him.

www.aranwilcox.com
Old 17-04-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

iv only got one pack,depending on your motor and speedo setup you would get away with one pack for indoors,you might struggle to do it out doors though..............2 makes life easyer,run one round,put that battery on charge,new battery in,do 2 rounds with thet battery,first battery will be done by the 4th round so pop that in and ya all good

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 17-04-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

on club nights 2 batteries make more sense but does depend on the motor you use.
i use a 10.5 t and indoors i use about 1000mah but in my 4wd with a 6.5t i use over 2000mah.

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Autocare, unit 5 candleby Court, Cotgrave NG123RT.
Old 19-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Dodd View Post
Everything that i4n has said will work great on carpet.
I use staggers on the front and either mini pins or terrabytes on the rear but if you are thinking of racing with us at wbmcc we are moving to our outdoor venue for the 4th may in which case, you would be needing yellow mini spikes (dry) and ballistic greens (damp) on the rear and either staggers or mini spikes on the front
And if this bloody rain continues then a hoofing great set of Schumacher Blue Full-Spikes to plough through the mud!

In The Pits: Yokomo R12C, Yokomo MR4-TC Custom, Yokomo MR4-TC Pro, Yokomo MR4-Rally, Tamiya Blitzer Beetle, Tamiya M05.

Driven: Race Red Fiesta ST