Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 30-07-2016

Default 'New' KF?

From RCTech. The quest for a KF for dirt...spotted at the Euros. Anyone got any details? Looks like a bolted on mid gearbox!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (118.2 KB, 726 views)
LayDown
BossCat inbound...
Old 30-07-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bish View Post
From RCTech. The quest for a KF for dirt...spotted at the Euros. Anyone got any details? Looks like a bolted on mid gearbox!
SV2 parts bin I heard?
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 31-07-2016

On the 'Euro coverage' thread, there is a suggestion that its a TLR mid gearbox by one member?

I think it certainly went well as didn't this one finish 3rd overall? I think a B6 piloted by Neil Cragg finished first, wasn't sure the make of the car that finished 2nd..

In fact if this was a low medium grip race, I bet this will be a replacement KR

One thing with all the Euro coverage, no one got sneaky photos of the cars close up unlike the Worlds

Last edited by AdrianH78; 31-07-2016 at 08:29 AM.
Old 31-07-2016

Yeah, sorry that was me! Someone on RCTech suggested the TLR gearbox and I wondered if it was true. The picture certainly suggests a stand up gearbox. I wondered if there was any word from the UK about any detail.
LayDown
BossCat inbound...
Old 31-07-2016

I could be totaly wrong, but it looks more like a modified and twisted trans upper part from the KR to me!?
If Schumacher does release this car, it would be nice, they keep the easy to reasamble the transmission housing, to get to the diff...

We'll see?

My cars:
CatK2/CougarSVR/BossCat/Dex410v3/Dex410v5/Dex210/Dex210F/Yokomo yz-10‘94/Yokomo yz-10‘95/
Old 01-08-2016

Seems like it could be a KF-D, it does not look like they have raided the SV2 for the part as the motor is on the other side

Last edited by CARB; 01-08-2016 at 02:39 PM.
Old 05-08-2016

Does anyone know, if there are more pics of Michal's, or Perter's car, or from the Euros at all?
I allmost bought an SV2 pro from the german distributor, but luckily did not yet, as i've never been happy with an 4-gear transmission, so will holding off and looking forward, what Schumacher will hopefully bring...

My cars:
CatK2/CougarSVR/BossCat/Dex410v3/Dex410v5/Dex210/Dex210F/Yokomo yz-10‘94/Yokomo yz-10‘95/
Old 21-08-2016

if there is going to be new dirt car and not just a revamped SV2 as per used at the recent euros, could this mean a new carpet car that does away with the belt system that the KF2 has.
if they went to a new gear transmission this would solve the dirt ingress that the ball diff suffers with, and have less parts and less friction and rotating mass than the belts that has lay shafts double reduction gears belt tensioners and a carbon top deck arrangement to provide a consistent belt tension.
Old 16-09-2016

Any news, or rumour from the new car?

My cars:
Old 18-10-2016

The sv2 is no more available...
Old 21-10-2016

Looks like a three gear stand up transmission, maybe a KR tranny swapped around, I see a new rear shock tower and mount as well.
It's about time Schuey updated the Cougar, I wonder if they will do a three gear lay down gearbox as well?
Old 28-10-2016

Nice would be, instead of an three gear stand up transmission, a belt driven transmission!

Hope, we'll see soon...

My cars:
Old 28-10-2016

From what Ive been told it is an all new car.
HB Racing D418
www.kandmacoustics.co.uk
Old 28-10-2016
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
From what Ive been told it is an all new car.

please tell us more!
Old 29-10-2016

Will be interesting to see what they come up with. No point in making a clone of the other gear cars. Got to be configurable for all surfaces. Hopefully some sort of interesting belt drive car that allows a more rearwards motor position than KF with still a forward motor position possible too. Maybe the motor will rotate in the other direction in car with the forward mount. Could get rid of the final hangover from the 80s, 25 degree front kick. Moving to 15 degree would be an advantage on high traction, less pitch. Also B6 style arm outer pivot position adjustment, that is quite neat.

If not, how about a 5 gear laydown car that gets the motor even further forward than the current crop of 3 gear laydowns... Anyway, just a bit of armchair engineering!
Old 03-11-2016

If you want the car to have more of a piece of the pie over here in the US, you'll want to have a 3 gear, low rotating mass option for all the 17.5 spec guys. In most of the country, 17.5 is equal to mod. That's why you are seeing TLR and AE market cars that way.

And yes I know that the majority if this site's traffic is in EU, but it would be awesome to capture a piece of the North American pie.
Old 05-12-2016

Any fresh news?
Old 08-12-2016

Would be interrested in some news too, but as the indoor season is right now, i'll guess, we just will hear in spring '17 more from this car!?

My cars:
Old 10-12-2016

After winning R2 both classes in Poland and brilliant results at R1 in Germany with the Current cars, could the new car be a stadium truck as this seems to be a good move for both Europe and the States.
Old 14-12-2016

I disagree. Stadium Truck in the US is a niche thing. It'll be popular for a month or two then die off. You want sustainability in the US, build a 17.5 car. You look at all the big indoor tracks over the country and 17.5 outnumbers mod by a 3-1 and 4-1 margin. It's weird. I can tell you that most of the tracks I race at have guys running 17.5 in the mod class. They use the same car for both 17.5 and mod so that they can run 2 classes with only 1 car.