Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 27-09-2009

[QUOTE=mark christopher;291371]nortech have suitable pins, think 12.8mm fill the slot in the wheel!!
you colour has to be a miss match of different batches, but mine look like yours as do many in the other pics ive seen

Add mine to the list. Have shot them an email to mention it. I also felt the plastic around the front bulkheads, where the screws go in from the chassis was a little thin. I've got white marks going up the side where the screws enter the plastic and what looks like a crack on the right rear. Otherwise very happy with the build. Feels extremely XRAY or getting close - some parts were actually better. But for the most part, I'd say 9/10. I guess XRAY have the benefit of manufacturing in-house versus being a design house, so that they can spot many more of these issues.

I agree with everyones opinions on the drive pins. Have ordered some Schumacher SX pins on Jimmy's suggestion and hope that will remedy that issue.

Hopefully Durango will provide initial customers like us with a free service pack as they iron out these issues. Thats certainly the service that XRAY and Team Magic provide. Fingers crossed.
Old 28-09-2009

Just to add on the list:

wondered if anyone here has issues with the turnbuckles? Have set all the linkages according to kit settings BUT the settings keep going off after almost every run. This symptom also applies after i switched to new rpm rodends. Upon closer inspection after removing the rodends, i actually noticed that the screw threads are not 'deep' enough to 'hold' the rod ends true.
Old 28-09-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEINsports View Post
Just to add on the list:

wondered if anyone here has issues with the turnbuckles? Have set all the linkages according to kit settings BUT the settings keep going off after almost every run. This symptom also applies after i switched to new rpm rodends. Upon closer inspection after removing the rodends, i actually noticed that the screw threads are not 'deep' enough to 'hold' the rod ends true.
I had this happen at the weekend, and Adam knows about it.

I can't believe people are moaning about a slight change in shading.
Who cares as long as the car does the job its supposed to? You can't see it on track anyway.

I'm using the kit drive pins, and have had no problem what so ever......queue wheel failure in the next run! lol I think as long as the pin is central in the axle then it isn't a problem. I lock mine in place with threadlock to stop them moving.

Quote:
1) Missing 1 x 2 hole shock piston
2) 2 x pivot ball of the anti-roll bar with stripped grub screw threads
3) Mismatched anodized colors of the 2 chassis side plate
4) Kit rear roll pins are way too short. Have already stripped both rear wheels.
5) Stripped Hitec(24) servo horn
6) Bearings leaking oil/grease
1) I found these in the bag, they'd come off the sprue.
2) They know about this and are looking into it.
3) As above....
4) As above....
5) Not had any problems, was the fit ok or did it go on very easy? Are the servo spline in good condition?
6) Just excess grease leaving the bearings.

Basically I've run the kit 'as kit' with no modified parts or extended drive pins and have only had the problem of the turnbuckles moving, BUT, it did have a few side landings as the car flipped over, and this probably caused them to push in on impact. So the moral of that story is...don't crash, which is what I did for the rest of the day and they were fine.
Old 28-09-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Drive pins changed here as the wheels were going, also i stripped the servo horn fitted onto a new ko servo. Changed horn to hn one and no probs. Minor teething issues that take nothing away from an excellent car
Old 28-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by telboy View Post

Who cares as long as the car does the job its supposed to? You can't see it on track anyway.
Glad to hear your car is fine. I see you are also an XRAY enthusiast and as you know this sets an expectation for quality in the customer mind. They - like Durango are 'premium' priced and would not hesitate in ensuring their customers get a quality product. And I take my hat off to Durango, they have offered to resolve this in the near future as they get feedback on the solution from the factory.

Unfortunately, they were less forthcoming on the drive pins suggesting I work on that problem - but hey, thats relatively straightforward.

I don't think its fair to say we are moaning unnecessarily. We have paid a lot of money for a luxury product and feel that is what we should get. Thus far, Durango have proved excellent in their response.
Old 28-09-2009
Mad Member

Thats the only problerm i found with mine so far but havent started racing with it yet.

All four of mine the threads are stripped asnt to chuffed but stuck alot thread lock just to hold for now.

I wonder if they do little update spares pack for everyone or something ???

Kyosho MP9 TKI2
Team Orion CRF US edition & Team Orion CRF Alpha 5port
Kyosho ZX-5 FS2
Kyosho RB5 SP2
LRP SXX TC & Brushless X12
Speed Passion
Old 28-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by telboy View Post

I'm using the kit drive pins, and have had no problem what so ever......queue wheel failure in the next run! lol I think as long as the pin is central in the axle then it isn't a problem. I lock mine in place with threadlock to stop them moving.

1) I found these in the bag, they'd come off the sprue.
3) As above....
4) As above....
5) Not had any problems, was the fit ok or did it go on very easy? Are the servo spline in good condition?
6) Just excess grease leaving the bearings.

Basically I've run the kit 'as kit' with no modified parts or extended drive pins and have only had the problem of the turnbuckles moving, BUT, it did have a few side landings as the car flipped over, and this probably caused them to push in on impact. So the moral of that story is...don't crash, which is what I did for the rest of the day and they were fine.
5) Was an ok fit but the servo horn stripped after just 1 run.

Like i mentioned earlier, these feedbacks were meant with a QC improvement/reminder in mind.
Old 29-09-2009

Send a message via AIM to Adam Skelding Send a message via MSN to Adam Skelding Send a message via Yahoo to Adam Skelding Send a message via Skype™ to Adam Skelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by png View Post
i agree with u.
slipper setting:9.4mm
motor: LRP X12 6.5
Slipper setting of 9.4mm seems a little on the tight side.
I'm only running mine @ 8.5mm and that's tight.

There will be some difference between kits, but TBH it shouldn't have have that much of an effect on the CVD pin.

Regarding issues.
If you can mail us your quieries to support@team-durango.com we'll do our level best to sort out your problem.

Please remember to include your Kit number in any correspondance. It's the little yellow sticker on the box.

We can trace where and when it was bought and also when it was made.

@ Azure: I don't know who you spoke to about the drive pins, it certainly wasn't anyone one here in the UK.

Powered by OptiPower

Do, or do not, there is no try!
Old 29-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEINsports View Post
1) Missing 1 x 2 hole shock piston
2) 2 x pivot ball of the anti-roll bar with stripped grub screw threads
3) Mismatched anodized colors of the 2 chassis side plate
4) Kit rear roll pins are way too short. Have already stripped both rear wheels.
5) Stripped Hitec(24) servo horn
6) Bearings leaking oil/grease

Mismatched Colors (Definitely not a lighting issue)
Are these issues covered by warranty? I am definetily not going to spend over 500 euros for a Durango if I am not guaranteed to receive 100% perfect and matching parts.

Are the bearings supposed to leak oil/grease?
Old 29-09-2009

As Adam has stated above if you have any issues with missing parts etc then email support@team-durango.com and they will do their best to sort any problems out.

I am sure missing parts etc has only happened to a minimal number of people. My kit was absolutely fine as have a number of people i know whove got their kits.

Im sure the problem in the above picture is just a colouring issue and makes no difference to the quality of the part.

As for leaking difffs as long as you build them wright leakage will be kept to a minimum. Any leakege that does happen wont make any difference as long as there is oil on the gears. Youd be surprised at how little oil needs to be in the diff for it to work as it should. Oils in diffs are a bit like oils in your shocks, dirt can get into the oil so you want to be replacing the oils at least every few meetings. Doing this is not a problem due to how quickly you can access the diffs, takes minutes!

This car is awsome, i ran it for only the second time at Batley last Sunday and was right on the pace with Richard Lowe whos made numerous national A finals this year. before switching to the Durango i was struggling to be on the same pace.

Trust me you wont be disappointed, the car is a machine!
Old 29-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaans View Post
Are these issues covered by warranty? I am definetily not going to spend over 500 euros for a Durango if I am not guaranteed to receive 100% perfect and matching parts.

Are the bearings supposed to leak oil/grease?
Jaans, this may have happened to me but i still choose to stand by the quality of the DEX410. Most, if not all of the 1st batches(of any brands/makes) would have some sort of issues, big or small regardless. I have 2 other friends whom have gotten the kit around the same time but only the unlucky me has gotten the 'lemon'. Give them some time, im very sure TD would get these sorted.....

As im typing this(from Singapore), TD has already responded to my issues and am waiting for their reponse on possible replacements.
Old 29-09-2009

Hi ! I'm new to this forum.

Anyone got a solution for turnbuckle ??
The stock ball end always strip???
Any brand of turnbuckle i can use to replace the stock?

Thanks
Old 29-09-2009

Quote:
Do NOT build the car. Put it in a box and wait for lets say 30 years. The price will have doubled or more just by the 'first batch colour mismatch issue'
Old 30-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergreg View Post
Do NOT build the car. Put it in a box and wait for lets say 30 years. The price will have doubled or more just by the 'first batch colour mismatch issue'
No offence, but I wouldn't exactly call that a great investment..

I am sure Durango is a quality product and that is why I am strongly considering buying it. I don't feel like buying unfinished product however.

When can I expect a second batch of Durangos to be available for ordering if it has these problems fixed?

And does warranty cover mismatched colors in chassis side plates? I believe that at this price range, one should expect to receive a car with matched colors on each side.
Old 30-09-2009

Send a message via AIM to Adam Skelding Send a message via MSN to Adam Skelding Send a message via Yahoo to Adam Skelding Send a message via Skype™ to Adam Skelding

Quote:
No offence, but I wouldn't exactly call that a great investment..

I am sure Durango is a quality product and that is why I am strongly considering buying it. I don't feel like buying unfinished product however.

When can I expect a second batch of Durangos to be available for ordering if it has these problems fixed?

And does warranty cover mismatched colors in chassis side plates? I believe that at this price range, one should expect to receive a car with matched colors on each side.
Hi Jaans,
The Durango DEX410 is a finished product, yes it has got a couple of teething problems, but those who have actually contacted Durango with their issue have found our service to be instantaneous.
Some people however prefer to voice their dissaproval from the comfort of their PC on a forum without speaking to the manufacturer.

Judging by the number of kits that we've sold and the few e-mails into Team Durango regarding problems I would say people must be pretty happy.

Problems we know about:

1. Roll Bar Balls
2. Side Guards (Now that I've seen it on the forum).

One's we are looking into:

1. Roll Pins: I've not had any issues with mine, but we are looking into longer pins.

One's that are caused by incorrect building.
1. CVD pins: They only break when they come loose.

To help on installation, I mark the flat on the CVD pin with Tip-Ex. White on black is much easier to see when you are assembling the CVD. The threadlock in the kit is perfect for the job.
Some people seem not to have used it on cars I have seen

To summarise:
1. If you have a problem contact support@team-durango.com we'll sort you out.
2. Give us your kit number.
3. We may ask you to send the part back if it's a high value item like the side pod. Don't worry though, we'll cover you for your postage.

If you are at a meeting and one of the Team Durango Drivers are there ask them to look at your part. They'll help you out as much as they can.

Regards

Adam Skelding