Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Ribble Valley R/C Car Club

Old 03-12-2011

Default 6 O'Clock Opening

After last night trail of opening the doors at 6 O'clock, Eric has kindly offered to continue to open early through the winter period.

It was nice to see so many come down early to help set the track up, it just shows what a good crowd we have at Ribble. I think what we now need to aim for is a 7.15 start for the first heat, some said having 30 mins practice is to long and they would prefer to race sooner.

The last final finished at 10.50 but with a lot of help from you lads we locked up at 11.10 (still 40 mins after we stop paying for the hall!!)

Racing was to a better level again this week, just a few making a few short cuts, these racers have been told the error of their ways so we should see less of this cheating next week.

The standard of the marshalling has again seen a great inprovement well done.

See you next Friday

Peter
Old 03-12-2011
Banned

Hey Pete, Whats your thoughts on an extra role of carpet? is it possible?
Old 03-12-2011

Talking

Like last night it just goes to show how fast the hall can be cleared if people all help it was super fast. what a really good nights racing again love it roll on next friday
Old 03-12-2011

Was a top night last night I deffo noticed a diffrence in the racing the night run really smooth.. we will try and get there early again next week to help outmaybe we should try and aim to get racing as soon as everyones booked in? But it went okay even tho we did 5min races Well done guys
Old 03-12-2011

I agree 6 O'clock doors opening is a great idea from Eric and it was nice to see so many people getting stuck in with assembling and dismantling the track. Marshalling standards were much improved considering how busy the heats were and I'm pleased to report that the foul language from the rostrum was kept to a minimum. Some people travel many miles through Friday rush-hour traffic to get to Leyland so I wouldn't start heats any earlier than 7.15 though

Looking forward to the fun nights
Old 03-12-2011

We fully understand that a lot of racers travel a great distance to race on a Friday night, so starting before 7.15 would not be an option.

We will be asking the school this week if we can utilise the space on top of the room inside the storeroom. If we can it means we will be able to change some of the 2mt track lenths to 4mts and store them up there, this in turn will free up extra space.

Peter